ADVERTISEMENT

You will beat the Hawks on Friday........

Your crowd was impressive vs my Gophers. Reminded me of the NFCC game at Philly a few years ago. Took 20 minutes to start the game...all the while it was thunderous and a beautiful colorful scene. I was like "get this game started!!"
I also can't wait to see a game in Minn vs the Gophs!! Your new stadium looks SWEET!!!!!!

Nebraska tied the NCAA all-time record for one score losses Saturday. Have to like our chances to get the record on Black Friday.
Three of those losses had Nebraska scoring in garbage time to make the score appear closer than it ever was. The Huskers have beaten one team with a winning record. That said. Iowa is really struggling. I could see this one something like 23-17, either way. Feels like an Iowa lean just because they tend to pull out these games. Watch for Charlie Jones to be the difference maker.

Three of those losses had Nebraska scoring in garbage time to make the score appear closer than it ever was. The Huskers have beaten one team with a winning record. That said. Iowa is really struggling. I could see this one something like 23-17, either way. Feels like an Iowa lean just because they tend to pull out these games. Watch for Charlie Jones to be the difference maker.

Hilarious that you think you need to tell us we aren’t good (no shit) or let us know what you think our loses really looked like.

Also what you are saying is not exactly true.

Take the Purdue game, we were in control the whole game and then fell apart. We scored with a minute or so left and didn’t get the onside kick, hardly garbage time.

Same with Minnesota, had it on the goaline with a chance to take the lead late, didn’t get it. They rip off a TD and then we answer kick it deep and don’t get a stop to get it back, not garbage time at all.

In fact, the only game that wasn’t a one score game had OSU kicking a FG in garbage

Not that any of this matters for Saturday. Just refuting someone being a dick for no reason on our message board.

Not being a dick. You have a great shot at snapping a 7-game losing streak to a shitty Iowa team. I am predicting an offensive explosion for both teams and betting the over. Good luck fellas.
Hilarious that you think you need to tell us we aren’t good (no shit) or let us know what you think our loses really looked like.

Also what you are saying is not exactly true.

Take the Purdue game, we were in control the whole game and then fell apart. We scored with a minute or so left and didn’t get the onside kick, hardly garbage time.

Same with Minnesota, had it on the goaline with a chance to take the lead late, didn’t get it. They rip off a TD and then we answer kick it deep and don’t get a stop to get it back, not garbage time at all.

In fact, the only game that wasn’t a one score game had OSU kicking a FG in garbage

Not that any of this matters for Saturday. Just refuting someone being a dick for no reason on our message board.
c

Reactions: Hawkman34
Last thought: both teams are irrelevant on the B1G and national landscape. I think this game means more to Nebraska than it does to Iowa. It’s senior day, home game and Scott Frost’s Super Bowl. A win could be a nice momentum boost heading into the off season. Iowa will head off to some meaningless bowl game win or lose, KF will be back again next year and Iowa will be boring as hell again.

Last thought: both teams are irrelevant on the B1G and national landscape. I think this game means more to Nebraska than it does to Iowa. It’s senior day, home game and Scott Frost’s Super Bowl. A win could be a nice momentum boost heading into the off season. Iowa will head off to some meaningless bowl game win or lose, KF will be back again next year and Iowa will be boring as hell again.
Certainly isn't some imaginative Super Bowl game for Nebraska.

Best 3-8 team vrs the worse 9-2 team? It will be interesting for sure! I like Nebraska's defense over our slow grinding, plodding offense. Nebraska playing at home with nothing to lose! Will Nebraska play with intensity or pack it up for the season? In my opinion, this game is a toss up!

This game will never mean more to NU than it does to Iowa

This game will never mean more to NU than it does to Iowa
True. If rolls were reversed and Nebraska was 9-2 and needed a win to have a shot to win the division, this game would definitely mean more to the team. The only way that beating iowa will ever be “meaningful” to Nebraska fans is if a division title is on the line. It’s always nice to have a head to head win over a division opponent, but I can’t imagine it would be a talking point past game day if Nebraska wasn’t playing for conference titles. iowa has won six straight with nothing significant to show for it.

The current Iowa players have never lost to nebraska, the current nebraska players have never beaten the hawks. Plenty to play for there, extending the streak or ending it. Otherwise, not much on the line. I like our chances with Adrian out. I hope he gets healed soon and transfers to Iowa.

Should be a good game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT