ADVERTISEMENT

Will Frost do something similar to Friday night lights?

I believe I was told that there will be a at least one Junior Day in the spring. I believe it is the week before the spring game. I would imagine he is trying to get kids to go to both, especially the players within driving distance.

Clearly not the same as Friday Night Lights.

Reactions: Cam82huskers
It if other programs seem to have success with those recruit BBQ’s in the Summer

If I was A betting guy, I would say he will do FNL. There is still a lot of corporate memory in the athletic department, plus Davison has a lot of input, to relate the successes of those events. Also, it would allow the staff to meet and greet the instate kids, obviously. I guess I really don't need to state the obvious advantages here.

But, it would seem shortsighted to not have them and I don't see SF as being shortsighted in any obvious aspect of his work.

Reactions: Sinomatic
If I was A betting guy, I would say he will do FNL. There is still a lot of corporate memory in the athletic department, plus Davison has a lot of input, to relate the successes of those events. Also, it would allow the staff to meet and greet the instate kids, obviously. I guess I really don't need to state the obvious advantages here.

But, it would seem shortsighted to not have them and I don't see SF as being shortsighted in any obvious aspect of his work.
Not sure Frost is into the dog and pony shows that were Friday night lights under MR. I think he wants to get a relationship going with the recruits. Seems FNL were more of a fan fest.

Last edited:
Of course he will do something like FNL just probably with his own twist because the event has been both a major recruit and fan pleaser. Frost will have had a first hand description of its importance from Davison. And other schools like Ohio State do them as well.

Not sure Frost is into the dog and pony shows that were Friday night lights under MR. I think he wants to get a relationship going with the recruits. Seems FNL were more of a fan fest.
FNL were a big deal. It would be wise to continue them or something like them.

additionally, if you don't do them, someone else is. I could easily see a kid choosing to go elsewhere for a camp because of it.

additionally, if you don't do them, someone else is. I could easily see a kid choosing to go elsewhere for a camp because of it.
I'm not sure if it was the first but the first time i heard of FNL was when Meyer was at UF (significantly before you guys did yours). It was a massive thing back then and drew kids with marginal at best interest (in UF) who just wanted to show against other top players....of course it gave Meyer and crew a chance to create interest for his program.

So its actually already been done by someone else (Meyer still does it). And other schools have had over a decade to if they want to copy but even Meyer's current FNL doesnt draw nearly as well as his first couple.. Not sayimg it would be a bad idea to continue it but its not the only way to have a special weekend to draw in recruits...moreover, if Frost comes up with something new and original it possibly could work even better.

I'm not sure if it was the first but the first time i heard of FNL was when Meyer was at UF (significantly before you guys did yours). It was a massive thing back then and drew kids with marginal at best interest (in UF) who just wanted to show against other top players....of course it gave Meyer and crew a chance to create interest for his program.

So its actually already been done by someone else (Meyer still does it). And other schools have had over a decade to if they want to copy but even Meyer's current FNL doesnt draw nearly as well as his first couple.. Not sayimg it would be a bad idea to continue it but its not the only way to have a special weekend to draw in recruits...moreover, if Frost comes up with something new and original it possibly could work even better.

Not sure I said Nebraska was first to do it. I don't think I even said Frost had to the same exact thing. I believe the topic was "something similar"

However, I do know that kids, that would never have been on campus in Lincoln before FNL, were spending someone's money to get there and participate.

So whether it the exact same thing, or something similar, I believe something will be done during the camp season to draw in some top players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT