ADVERTISEMENT

Coach SubPrime

Not really the M.O. of the draft right now. Seems like most draft worthy QBs go in the 1st or 2nd round. And I’m not sure many teams will want to risk a 1st or 2nd round pick on Sanders(under the circumstances laid out). If you’re drafting a QB in the 3rd, 4th or 5th round you’re basically acknowledging that you’re not 100% confident he’s starter, and nobody intentionally drafts a back up QB. But like I said, he’s Deion’s kid and he’s been well publicized and promoted, so Sanders could be the exception.(late round draft pick)
The Packers drafted a backup qb 2 years in a row. Guy from Penn St. Must have missed on him because they took the Pratt guy from Tulane late this year.

Reactions: V-Doub
Johnny Manziel 2.0. A ton of talent and can’t keep his mouth shut or stay out of his own way taking himself out of the NFL.
Really though, who cares? His first contract will get him over 30 million dollars...so even if he is a bust and only gets paid for that contract he is beyond set.

I hated Manziel but it was the same for him...

The Packers drafted a backup qb 2 years in a row. Guy from Penn St. Must have missed on him because they took the Pratt guy from Tulane late this year.

It’s not common move, that’s why I said most and not all. Anyway, I can see Sanders as a player someone would take a chance on (if injured) in later rounds. Can also see why a team would pass on him as well.

SS will be one of the top QB's in next years draft. Will he find success in the league? Meh, I have my doubts...but serious injury aside, he will go very high in round one IMO.
While I would like to argue against this, I won’t because it is true. SS has the measurables and the productivity. And the genes.

But as with all but the most elite prospects, there are nits to pick. My biggest one would be how coachable is by someone not named Deion that is in his face and challenging him to recognize and work on fixing his shortcomings. There are also questions regarding how much of a locker room leader he is.

There are plenty of examples of NFL teams blinded by big potential, especially at QB. But we also have the Spencer Rattler fall in this draft for stupid things he said/did as a 17 year old.

It matters a lot what transpires between now and then. The default expectation for now is that he will go in the top 10 picks, and his stock could go up or down between now and then.

That's my sentiment but I've gotten criticism on this board for wanting to focus on football as opposed to relishing our comparative spring game attendance figures.
Make no mistake, if we lose Rhule should be immediately fired.

It is really amazing just how big of a game this CU-NU game has become.

If they are both 1-0, which might not happen because NDSU will play CU tough. It could be ESPN Game Day game or Fox Big Noon game? Maybe? Not sure who plays that day.

Losing to CU, at home, in year two, would be a very bad look.

If they are both 1-0, which might not happen because NDSU will play CU tough. It could be ESPN Game Day game or Fox Big Noon game? Maybe? Not sure who plays that day.

I agree, it’s a monster game and one that we have to get at home. I think it’s a huge one because they have beat us the last 3, not that I think CU will be any good at the end of the year.

No it won’t. Biggest game of the day is the whorns at Michigan and most like both on them will be in Ann Arbor..

I expect the Buffs will have a very long day or night depending when the game is scheduled for..

No it won’t. Biggest game of the day is the whorns at Michigan and most like both on them will be in Ann Arbor..

I expect the Buffs will have a very long day or night depending when the game is scheduled for..
Ahhh, thanks!

So Texas at Michigan, that will be the Big Noon game? Or GameDay or both?

Who is it big to?

Us losers on a message board?

Why? Because we havent field a competitive team in the last 10 years?

That wasn't Johnny's problem, abusing pills and booze were. Glad Johnny is sober.
Having an addiction isn’t being unable to stay out of your own way? Was he forced at gunpoint to have the addiction? There are multiple ways to sabotage your own career.

that would be the answer … to fire him on Monday? That’s what would make the program better? Then what happens, please tell us how the rest of story plays out, I’m up for a good yarn.

Let me guess, in your world of make believe we go out and spend whatever we have to for Kirby Smart …
Youre right, we wouldnt.

But we should.

No excuse at all losing to this disaster of a program.

Reactions: thall_
I thought 😂 was clear.

Yes, I disagree.
This is how nebraska ends up keeping scott frost as long as we did.

No expectations other than coach speak. Ignore all the red flags and chug kool aid.

We make fun of deion daily. They have no players left. At home.

If rhule loses this he’s a lost cause, too.

This is moot, however. We wont lose. I think rhule is doing a good job.

No expectations other than coach speak. Ignore all the red flags and chug kool aid.

But if we do lose, then all of a sudden, he isn’t doing a good job. He’s doing such a bad job, in fact, that he should be fired.

That’s a fine line in game 2 of season 2… I am guilty of giving too much time, no doubt. I admit that. But game 2 in season 2 is still too early to pull the plug if we fall flat on our faces. As much as we believe Colorado is imploding, I’ve seen prognostications for 7-8 wins for Colorado this year. I don’t see that happening at all, but who knows?

Reactions: HuskerO

IMO, the beginning of the end of this program began the year CU completely demolished NU in Boulder prior to our ass whipping by the Canes.

Yes, NU had some losses over the years, in fact, so few, guys like scarletred, dingle and myself can list them from memory, but it seems like that game of giving up 62 points reversed all the blowouts that NU had placed on so many teams over the year.

Unless, and until NU puts a big effen knot on their head will this program extricate that loss. NU has managed to get beat by the Buffs when NU was good or bad. Even their bad teams beat our bad teams. We also owe their QB one cheap physical shot when in a pileup, lets crank some ankles and knees and fcvk up their QB for a change. (Just kidding, kinda).

NU should/could have the personnel this year to really hang one on the Buffs. If it happens, it would hopefully be the start of erasing so many barriers this program has failed at in the recent past. Things like winning a game at home against a good opponent (not CU), winning on the road against someone good, finally having a small lead in the 4th quarter and maintaining it for a win, coming from behind against a good opponent at home and/or away and finding a way to win. Sorry about that really long sentence, but I feel NU has certain checkpoints they must overcome before we ever get back to relevancy.

Yep. It's going to help to (hopefully) not have a QB handing them the ball as if he was getting paid on number of turnovers.

Having an addiction isn’t being unable to stay out of your own way? Was he forced at gunpoint to have the addiction? There are multiple ways to sabotage your own career.
i guess so, but "staying out of his own way" in this context in addition with Shadeur's comparison to start the thread....i didn't derive that meaning you obviously intended.

Sorry, can't link the article, but check out the story on Shilo filing bankruptcy to avoid paying a multi-million dollar judgment to a school security guard who he beat up in high school and left permanently disabled with spinal injuries.

unpopular, yet correct opinion.

getting swept by Colorado when they were in a much worse position than us 2 years ago would be a pretty terrible indictment on Rhule.

they are essentially USC-lite, and being unable to beat them means we're unable to compete in the new B1G.

i wouldn't be in favor of firing Rhule at that juncture, but it would be a bitter pill to swallow about the reality of Husker football.

hope we crush them by 50.

getting swept by Colorado when they were in a much worse position than us 2 years ago would be a pretty terrible indictment on Rhule.

they are essentially USC-lite, and being unable to beat them means we're unable to compete in the new B1G.

i wouldn't be in favor of firing Rhule at that juncture, but it would be a bitter pill to swallow about the reality of Husker football.

This sums it up the best I would say.

I hope we beat them by 50 and the rest of his toes fall off

So he had footage of his son playing craps, assaulting a security guard, and knocking out another student stolen and deleted..

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

Reactions: Laner2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT