Votes: 7 3.9%
  • After Iowa game

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • After their bowl game

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • He won't, he isn't going to be the next Neb HC

Votes: 86 48.3%

• Total voters
Because it is how things are done. I see you are triggered now. Sorry about your luck
Poor guy. It will get better. Breath into a bag or something. You will get through it!

Scott Frost will know exactly where Nebraska is before anyone forces him to make a decision elsewhere.
What if Moos says he is waiting til the end of the year to decide and Florida wants to know before that time?
Or do you think Moos already has his mind made up either way?
If he doesn't I don't see how you can be so sure.

There's no reason. Keep dreaming.
Look at the power five positions coming open this year.
If he has a shot at them there is no sense in raising your stock. These are top programs.
Keep dreaming. If Frost wants a big job he will not be at UCf next year. Too many good jobs coming open.
Yeah I'm the one dreaming... There is currently one opening at a top program. One. Every other potential opening is speculation until it happens. Just like NU. You are the one dreaming of Riley being fired. I'm the one currently living in reality where he is our coach, SF is the UCF coach, and only UF has an opening. If Tenn and NU and potentially others open, there is also no guarantee SF is at the very top of any of their lists. UF's former coach was a hot mostly unproven head coach from CSU...they may not want to do the same thing again with SF. They may want Chip Kelly. Tenn may work a miracle and get Gruden. That's dreaming. Saying SF is going to be at UCF next year is just as likely at this point. I never said he shouldn't take one of those offers. I said there are more options currently than being the head coach at NU or any of these other potential openings. Hell he could for some weird reason take the OSU opening. Doesn't look like an appealing opportunity, but it may be more of an opportunity than the others you have stated.

This
What if Moos says he is waiting til the end of the year to decide and Florida wants to know before that time?

If Moos hasn't made up his mind already, we're doomed.
I've got to believe he has made up his mind and is following his blueprint.

My statement is clear.

There is so much stupid on this board right now. It's amazing. Normally there's stupid but this is a ludicrous level of stupid.

It's a whole new level.

It blows to chisel your car out in the winter, but Florida straight up sucks. Muggy, buggy, sinkholes, swamps, Floridians, hurricane catcher... it SUCKS.

1 - Dan Mullen
2 - Dan Mullen
3 - Dan Mullen
4- Frost
5- Mike Norvell
6- Fuente
7 - Strong
8- Campbell
9 - Kelly

There is so much stupid on this board right now. It's amazing. Normally there's stupid but this is a ludicrous level of stupid.
Tell us the actions Bo took that qualified as your "would-have court victory" entitling N to a "for cause" firing, and just for kicks the contract clause he violated. You've had a few hours since you read the question asked, so go. Or just admit that you went out over the skis a bit there.

Or he stays at UCF one more year. Goes 12-0 and ups his value even more. There are many more options for him than NU or everyone else this year
If Frost has a lot of options, why would he not go this year? It's like being one of the top picks in the draft and saying, "I think I'll wait until next year."

Reactions: HuskerO
If Frost has a lot of options, why would he not go this year? It's like being one of the top picks in the draft and saying, "I think I'll wait until next year."

Yep. He will have maxed out at UCF - conference title/undefeated/New years 6 bowl game - no reason to stay. It’s not a difficult concept except for some idiots here.

Why would Frost take the Florida job before the end of the season? The “get a deal in principal” crowd doesn’t understand negotiation and leverage.

If I am a hot coach, I tell Florida to wait simply because Tennessee, aTM, Nebraska, UCLA may open up. That way I can use each job as added leverage to get more money. If I take what Florida is offering before anyone else makes a move, I am potentially leaving money on the table. Until they have to outbid someone else, they have no incentive to overpay.

Tell us the actions Bo took that qualified as your "would-have court victory" entitling N to a "for cause" firing, and just for kicks the contract clause he violated. You've had a few hours since you read the question asked, so go. Or just admit that you went out over the skis a bit there.
I didn't say we "would have had a court victory". I said I thought we had a better case than Florida. They're saying he fabricated death threats but they can't prove they didn't happen. Based on Bo's behavior detrimental to the university alone I think we had a better case. All you had to do was run the multiple video and audio clips available of his vulgar tirades. There are other incidents out there that I don't think the university would have had any problem bringing athletic department staffers to testify to things that would get any one of us fired in the work place. Having a better case doesn't equal guaranteeing a court victory. Florida is the one "out over their skiis" unless they've got hard evidence we haven't seen that he fabricated the threats. There is no doubt that Cosgrove's kid was subjected to some terrible stuff when KC was here. I can only imagine what might have happened in Florida.

Bad things happen if you fire your coach and his replacement changes his mind. Florida might learn the lesson the hard way like we did.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I didn't say we "would have had a court victory". I said I thought we had a better case than Florida. They're saying he fabricated death threats but they can't prove they didn't happen. Based on Bo's behavior detrimental to the university alone I think we had a better case. All you had to do was run the multiple video and audio clips available of his vulgar tirades. There are other incidents out there that I don't think the university would have had any problem bringing athletic department staffers to testify to things that would get any one of us fired in the work place. Having a better case doesn't equal guaranteeing a court victory. Florida is the one "out over their skiis" unless they've got hard evidence we haven't seen that he fabricated the threats. There is no doubt that Cosgrove's kid was subjected to some terrible stuff when KC was here. I can only imagine what might have happened in Florida.
There wasn’t a case because they would have fired Bo after the UCLA game if they could have got out of paying him.

There wasn’t a case because they would have fired Bo after the UCLA game if they could have got out of paying him.
There wasn't a case because HP didn't want our dirty laundry potentially being aired in a court room. There was plenty there to be pretty embarrassing for the administration and Tom.

If Frost can't wait for Nebraska till the end of the season, he doesn't want the job. End of story
Not reading the entire thread so maybe this has been mentioned multiple times...sorry if repetitive...also sorry if you are simply being sarcastic...

A lot of this stuff is done "back channel" so if something is going to happen at the end of the season it is probably already in the works now. I'm sure it's happened before but I can't think of a situation when a head coach of a D1 school left for another one mid-season unless forced to by their current administration. The norm is a coach leaving after the regular season. And you guys have a huge advantage with Frost on "back channel" for obvious reasons..I actually wouldn't be surprised if the dialogue with him and "representatives" of NU have been going on for a couple months when it was still an "if" and not yet a "when"

Reactions: BigRedLegion

Dude, really? Own up that there's a lot of stupid on the board.

dinglefritz said: ↑
Well that's one more flame out for young wonder boy head coach hires. They paid I think CSU 5 million to buy out his contract there and then opened up the piggy bank for his contract. They're dreaming if they think they are going to be able to win a suit over whether or not they had "cause" for canning him. Now WE on the other hand would have won that suit against Pelini IF we had pursued it. We just decided it wasn't worth the PR hit.

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/florida-strikes-first.191247/#post-3839454

Dude, really? Own up that there's a lot of stupid on the board.

dinglefritz said: ↑
Well that's one more flame out for young wonder boy head coach hires. They paid I think CSU 5 million to buy out his contract there and then opened up the piggy bank for his contract. They're dreaming if they think they are going to be able to win a suit over whether or not they had "cause" for canning him. Now WE on the other hand would have won that suit against Pelini IF we had pursued it. We just decided it wasn't worth the PR hit.

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/florida-strikes-first.191247/#post-3839454
Got me. I still think if you put that video from Texas or the various audiotapes in front of a jury that we would have won. The problem is that we would have had to air that and maybe other dirty laundry in order to prove our case. I know of one young woman who was ready to sue the University until Tom intervened. I don't know if there was a financial settlement with her or if she succumbed to the gravity of having to testify in court after "visiting" with our administration. Florida has what again? phttttt.

I assume Frost has an agent. If so, he has someone who functions as his eyes, ears and mouth in these situations. Moos, should he care to know, is aware of whether Frost is a yes, no or maybe.

I assume Frost has an agent. If so, he has someone who functions as his eyes, ears and mouth in these situations. Moos, should he care to know, is aware of whether Frost is a yes, no or maybe.

Remember Moos said he doesn’t make a decision until the season ends, so we may just be twiddling our thumbs until then (while UF gets its guy).

Mike Riley is gone at the end of this year. We looked pathetic yesterday against a bad team. Could not do anything the entire game except late in the 4th quarter after they go to a prevent defense. I don't know if it will be Scott Frost but we will have a new coach next year. Cannot let this mess go on year after year.

Mike Riley is gone at the end of this year. We looked pathetic yesterday against a bad team. Could not do anything the entire game except late in the 4th quarter after they go to a prevent defense. I don't know if it will be Scott Frost but we will have a new coach next year. Cannot let this mess go on year after year.

I agree, but our AD/admin could very well screw this up and bring back Riley for another year (like Moos did w/ Wulff at WSU)

It's in plain English dude, this isn't rocket science or cryotic, use your brain.
Your post said frost will know nebraskas intentions. This can be interpreted in different ways.
1. Riley will be fired before end of the year.
2. Moos knows whether Riley will be fired or kept and will tell frost, perhaps making promises for after Iowa game to formally hire.
3. Florida will allow time for frost and work on his time table, and it could end up that he waits until Nebraska situation is sorted out, all the while Florida sits in the next room drinking coffee and waiting.
I can continue but let's stop at three,

Why is it so hard to just type out what you think will happen? Scared to be too specific if you ask me. Wanna keep your options open so you can say you're right later regardless of what happens.
Just help a stupid brother out and say it.

Reactions: oldjar07
I agree, but our AD/admin could very well screw this up and bring back Riley for another year (like Moos did w/ Wulff at WSU)

Enormous difference in expectations between Washington State Football and Nebraska Football. Also, Moos has huge incentives tied to the success of the football program. Unless he honestly believes Mike Riley will win a championship here in the next couple years, he will not bring him back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT