ADVERTISEMENT

Florida strikes first

Well that's one more flame out for young wonder boy head coach hires. They paid I think CSU 5 million to buy out his contract there and then opened up the piggy bank for his contract. They're dreaming if they think they are going to be able to win a suit over whether or not they had "cause" for canning him. Now WE on the other hand would have won that suit against Pelini IF we had pursued it. We just decided it wasn't worth the PR hit.

Reactions: WHCSC
Will be interesting to see how their class really shakes out...If Riley is infact gone in the end, hopefully our recruits are comitted to Nebraska

I don't doubt the death threats one bit. I know Florida is trying to sell that, but I don't doubt one bit that it happened.

Per the UF administration, the death threats have not been corroborated. Who knows?

I find it impossible to believe he would lie about getting death threats. Well, not impossible, more like total dumbassery. (sp?)

Per the UF administration, the death threats have not been corroborated. Who knows?
How could you prove it unless you're recording phone calls or every minute they're walking around town? Maybe he said it was on social media but can't provide that to the admin I suppose. We've heard it at NU during Callahan's last year and I don't doubt it whether he can prove it or not.

Reactions: rrthusker
Why is everyone so surprised by the death threats? They occured at Nebraska and wasnt Frost himself a recipient?

In this world of social media, sensitivity to threats, racism, and hate crimes, nothing surprises me. Some of the stuff that is said about young men, coaches and administration continues to amaze me.

Reactions: nu2u
How could you prove it unless you're recording phone calls or every minute they're walking around town? Maybe he said it was on social media but can't provide that to the admin I suppose. We've heard it at NU during Callahan's last year and I don't doubt it whether he can prove it or not.

Wasn't it Cosgrove and his family getting the threats.

Well that's one more flame out for young wonder boy head coach hires. They paid I think CSU 5 million to buy out his contract there and then opened up the piggy bank for his contract. They're dreaming if they think they are going to be able to win a suit over whether or not they had "cause" for canning him. Now WE on the other hand would have won that suit against Pelini IF we had pursued it. We just decided it wasn't worth the PR hit.
Based on what action violating what contract clause.

Being proactive pays.... Frost is a virtual lock there now. **** me
If he goes there (or agrees to) in the middle of his season.... That is a bad look for ANY coach.
Plus he is coming (and for cheap). His Center told us so.

The only way Riley is retained is if he wins out, or maybe wins 3 and plays PSU close. A blowout loss in Happy Valley, or loss at home to NW or Iowa, or losing to a bad Minnesota team - any of those things should seal his fate.

I disagree.
Personally I hope you are right. If there is essentially no chance of Riley coming back, he should have been fired after Ohio State to erase all doubt. Now this situation will linger for a month and do no good for anyone.

Personally I hope you are right. If there is essentially no chance of Riley coming back, he should have been fired after Ohio State to erase all doubt. Now this situation will linger for a month and do no good for anyone.

I look at it as the same situation back in 2007, TO gave Callahan and staff a chance to win out and be competitive when he came in as AD... They failed so he fired them at seasons end.

We're still paying him and his staff to do a job right, plus you have to think about the kids on the team at least they didn't pack it in last night despite not looking like a good football team except for the very last drive.

If Penn St beats us like Ohio State did I would imagine Moos would fire him before the Iowa game...
That just me thinking what could happen.

Why? If we haven’t decided on what we are doing until late November and Florida has decided to make a move on Frost and offer him and his assistants a big deal we might be too late.

Not if Frost really wants to come home.

I look at it as the same situation back in 2007, TO gave Callahan and staff a chance to win out and be competitive when he came in as AD... They failed so he fired them at seasons end.

We're still paying him and his staff to do a job right, plus you have to think about the kids on the team at least they didn't pack it in last night despite not looking like a good football team except for the very last drive.

If Penn St beats us like Ohio State did I would imagine Moos would fire him before the Iowa game...
That just me thinking what could happen.
Riley will coach the rest of the year now. If he was going to be fired you had the perfect opportunity after OSU.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
Why? If we haven’t decided on what we are doing until late November and Florida has decided to make a move on Frost and offer him and his assistants a big deal we might be too late.
He is not in it for the money and wants this job.

He is not in it for the money and wants this job.
It’s always about the money to some degree. If Florida offered 5 million and Nebraska 3 million let’s see what he does. I know you’re being sarcastic about it. I think you know what Frost would do.

Now with all the extra free time Jim will have, he can sleep with all the sharks he wants.
C_UwLAPXUAU3-qw.jpg

If you are Frost, and you are going to have multiple offers, you make the suitors wait the four weeks until you are ready to make your decision. Your price goes up. Your leverage goes up. Plus I don't necessarily think UF is going to hire their coach in the next four weeks.

Reactions: scarletred
It’s always about the money to some degree. If Florida offered 5 million and Nebraska 3 million let’s see what he does. I know you’re being sarcastic about it. I think you know what Frost would do.
You need to back off the ledge. If the guy can't wait 4 weeks, he doesn't want the job.
Good Lord, there will be so many Husker fans drinking the spiked kool-aid and waiting to hop on the next asteroid if Frost takes another job.

Reactions: rchrisreade

Riley makes 2.9 million... it wouldn't be 3 million, more like 4-5 million with big incentives.

You need to back off the ledge. If the guy can't wait 4 weeks, he doesn't want the job.
Good Lord, there will be so many Husker fans drinking the spiked kool-aid and waiting to hop on the next asteroid if Frost takes another job.
If we lose Frost, but hire Campbell I would be fine. The problem is I’m not sold Moos will get either guy. The guy’s track record for hiring coaches leaves a lot to be desired.

I don’t think it’s a given Riley gets fired this year. I could see Moos keeping him if we go 6-6.

Moos' contract includes a $100K bonus for a B10 championship and a $150K bonus for a CFP postition. Keeping Riley pushes the possibility of getting one of those bonuses out at least another year. He would be nuts to keep Riley another year no matter how NU finished.

Why would it be a PR hit if we could show that we HAD TO fire him due to good cause?
Because we couldn’t fire Pelini due to good cause. You’re fooling yourself if you don’t think Eichorst and Harv never looked into it after the audio tape release.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT