Votes: 7 3.9%
  • After Iowa game

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • After their bowl game

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • He won't, he isn't going to be the next Neb HC

Votes: 86 48.3%

• Total voters
So if you win your division the first two years and struggle your third year they fire you mid season? Sounds like a real secure place to coach.
they blame the phantom bomb threats, but truth is he was on the chopping block long before. i dont care about that really, but give us the same courtesy.

I'm not wishing this, but if Nebraska gets humiliated in Happy Valley which could very well happen I would be very surprised if Riley isn't fired that Sunday after the Penn St game.

I'm not wishing this, but if Nebraska gets humiliated in Happy Valley which could very well happen I would be very surprised if Riley isn't fired that Sunday after the Penn St game.
You’re less than a week away from Iowa at that point. He won’t be fired until after Iowa if then depending on his record. There is no point.

Reactions: timnsun
If Frost can't wait for Nebraska till the end of the season, he doesn't want the job. End of story

That's under the gigantic assumption that someone (your new AD) has told him Riley is gone. Otherwise your wrong. If someone offers you an electrical job that guarantees you 20 million but the electrical job you really want (but you might not get in two months) offers the same amount- which would you take?

He said he doesn’t fire a coach during the season except for misconduct. Ridiculous to think he’s not jockeying for position right now.

What’s your evidence? I’m going off the 5+ radio interviews he’s done this week plus his track record giving Wulff a 4th year at WSU.

Florida better job on so many levels.

It's an easier place to recruit to, but I wouldn't call it a better job. Florida fans demand SEC titles in the first couple of years or they will turn on you quick. With Alabama dominating, and now the fact that Georgia is an elite team again, those expectations aren't very realistic.

Whereas at Nebraska, you are in one of the easiest divisions in major college football. A good coach is almost 5 guaranteed conference wins a year, plus usually 2 easy non-conference wins.

What’s your evidence? I’m going off the 5+ radio interviews he’s done this week plus his track record giving Wulff a 4th year at WSU.

He is not at Washington State anymore... Riley needs to win out and it's not going to happen.

The people hired him for a reason and not to keep Riley around for 4th year.

He is not at Washington State anymore... Riley needs to win out and it's not going to happen.

Normally, our admin/AD would be competent and I’d agree. Unfortunately they are not (that could change) and the only evidence we have on Moos is his radio interviews and keeping Wulff around for a 4th year.

I don't know how anyone in their right mind would think it would be even remotely acceptable to continue with Mike Riley.

Fire Mike now already and get moving on getting Scott. If Bill screws this up, I don't know what to say. I would just be dumbfounded.

I don't know how anyone in their right mind would think it would be even remotely acceptable to continue with Mike Riley.

Fire Mike now already and get moving on getting Scott. If Bill screws this up, I don't know what to say. I would just be dumbfounded.

If Bill screws this up I think about 1/3 of the fanbase will be lost and will never return.

Reactions: SkerInCo
Normally, our admin/AD would be competent and I’d agree. Unfortunately they are not (that could change) and the only evidence we have on Moos is his radio interviews and keeping Wulff around for a 4th year.
Think negatively all you want. I Just don’t think that’s what he was hired to do and he’s not going to go off on the radio talking about Canning Riley and all the replacements he’s contacting.

If so,

Exactly. I will give Green and Bounds some blame also. They should have fired Riley right after OSU and put it all to rest. Maybe they will come through in the end, and Moos is working behind the scenes to get Frost, but I have my doubts.

Think negatively all you want. I Just don’t think that’s what he was hired to do and he’s not going to go off on the radio talking about Canning Riley and all the replacements he’s contacting.

I hope you’re right, but his past indicates otherwise

MR is gone... Team can NOT rush the ball, can NOT return a punt, is extremely below average on defense, below average on offense, and has ZERO mean streak in itself. This is the worst NU team I've ever seen.

What REALLY bothered me last night was the collection of our players laying on the turf after getting hit. If they were injured, I understand, but at least a few looked like the result of them not getting enough "physical" reps in preparation for games. That was really disconcerting.

All I know is that if Moos Fs this hiring up, he will immediately become public enemy #1 in Nebraska. The fans have had 15 years of piss-poor decisions by our athletic department and/or school, and won't stand for another one. He just started the job, and his leash is already short.

Last edited:
It's an easier place to recruit to, but I wouldn't call it a better job. Florida fans demand SEC titles in the first couple of years or they will turn on you quick. With Alabama dominating, and now the fact that Georgia is an elite team again, those expectations aren't very realistic.

Whereas at Nebraska, you are in one of the easiest divisions in major college football. A good coach is almost 5 guaranteed conference wins a year, plus usually 2 easy non-conference wins.

NEBRASKA fans demand B1G titles in the first couple of years or they will turn on you quick. With OHIO STATE dominating, and now the fact that PENN STATE is an elite team again, those expectations aren't very realistic.

You glossed over one very important thing: it's easier to recruit to Florida, but what about at Nebraska? Where is Scott Frost going to get talent from in Nebraska?

Best of luck to Frost at Florida. Finally we get to see what he can do playing with the big boys.

Reactions: Arbitr8
That's under the gigantic assumption that someone (your new AD) has told him Riley is gone. Otherwise your wrong. If someone offers you an electrical job that guarantees you 20 million but the electrical job you really want (but you might not get in two months) offers the same amount- which would you take?
What if my friend told the 2nd company I would take the job whenever it is available, at 7 million?

Nebraska has never been Scott Frost's #1 choice, so let's hope he takes this Florida job and proves that he belongs where many of you say he does. Then he can come home again.

He’ll never come home if he goes to UF

If he fails at Florida, then I would hope not. That's why it's important for him to go to Florida first. To prove he can build something and sustain it. Let Florida find out if he can sink or swim.

NEBRASKA fans demand B1G titles in the first couple of years or they will turn on you quick. With OHIO STATE dominating, and now the fact that PENN STATE is an elite team again, those expectations aren't very realistic.

No we don't. Pelini got 7 years without a conference title, told the fans to F-off, and many still wanted to keep him. We just don't tolerate multiple losing seasons.

Also, Penn State and Ohio State are in the opposite division. We are in a division with 6 teams that we can out-recruit easily and should beat almost every year. A good coach should never have a losing season here.

Where is Scott Frost going to get talent from in Nebraska

You realize that Frost came all the way from Florida to Wahoo, NE last year to get his QB recruit? Also, Jaylin Bradley from Omaha would be a great fit for his offense. As would Spielman and Lindsay, and they all have 3 years left.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
Nebraska has never been Scott Frost's #1 choice, so let's hope he takes this Florida job and proves that he belongs where many of you say he does. Then he can come home again.
Hes proven more than Mike. How is Scott these days? Im assuming you guys hang out all the time and hes told you everything

If he fails at Florida, then I would hope not. That's why it's important for him to go to Florida first. To prove he can build something and sustain it. Let Florida find out if he can sink or swim.
Who do you want to see coaching at NU in 2018?

Hes proven more than Mike. How is Scott these days? Im assuming you guys hang out all the time and hes told you everything

What has Scott Frost proven? He hasn't proven that can compete with the upper echelons of college football. He hasn't proven that he can recruit and build a football team. He hasn't proven he can sustain a program over a period of time. He hasn't proven much as a head coach. He was blown out by Arkansas State 10 months ago in the bowl game (the one game where you get to prepare and show what kind of coach you are).

So with that said, good luck to Scott at Florida. Hopefully he CAN prove all of those things above. Then we can bite the bullet and pay him $5MM a year and lock $20MM+ up for one man. Absolutely no chance we can take that risk at Nebraska right now.

If he’s successful at UF he’s not coming home. Apparently you’re one of the idiots that wants to “wait and see” with frost.

Using your logic Urban Meyer would’ve never been hired at UF.

If he’s successful at UF he’s not coming home. Apparently you’re one of the idiots that wants to “wait and see” with frost.

Using your logic Urban Meyer would’ve never been hired at UF.

Urban Meyer proved he could hang with the big boys at Utah. Scott Frost has not. Urban Meyer was a head coach for a lot longer than 1.5 seasons. Big difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT