Votes: 7 3.9%
  • After Iowa game

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • After their bowl game

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • He won't, he isn't going to be the next Neb HC

Votes: 86 48.3%

• Total voters
I had the pleasure of watching your team last Saturday. your stadium was at maybe 30% capacity. College football is a business you are a stepping stone job No matter what frost says
it was a rescheduled game bc of the hurricane that was supposed to be a bye week.

I do agree it could be better but Miami has 5 NC since the 80s and their attendance always sucks. Most of the Florida fanbases are fickle

I had the pleasure of watching your team last Saturday. your stadium was at maybe 30% capacity. College football is a business you are a stepping stone job No matter what frost says
Thats what I don't get. He gets this 0-12 team ranked and undefeated. The stadium is under 50% full. Why would he ever consider staying at a program like that. He will be gone after this year 100% just don't know if it will be to Nebraska

Florida "boosters" have contacted Taggart or a representative for Taggart?

Sounds to me like the AD at Florida is just a puppet for the boosters...

I guess then you can't fire him if the coach isn't winning because technically he wouldn't be the one hiring the new coach... right?

Florida "boosters" have contacted Taggart or a representative for Taggart?

Sounds to me like the AD at Florida is just a puppet for the boosters...

I guess then you can't fire him if the coach isn't winning because technically he wouldn't be the one hiring the new coach... right?

It’s the SEC, boosters are king down there..

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
I'll continue to say it, Riley is still our coach and that fact has not changed. How we can fire Riley if he finishes 7-5. Tap the brakes and let the season finish out first. If NU finishes worse than 6-6, then I think the wolves will cause Moos to move. If Frost moves takes another job, then we move on and find another quality coach. Just havent seen enough of Frost to know if he's a quality coach that is ready for this pressure cooker.

Reactions: sparky62
I'll continue to say it, Riley is still our coach and that fact has not changed. How we can fire Riley if he finishes 7-5. Tap the brakes and let the season finish out first. If NU finishes worse than 6-6, then I think the wolves will cause Moos to move. If Frost moves takes another job, then we move on and find another quality coach. Just havent seen enough of Frost to know if he's a quality coach that is ready for this pressure cooker.

If we get to 7-5 you want to keep Riley? Judas Priest.

Reactions: scarletred
When Florida fires their head coach who went 14-2 in SEC East play with 2 division titles in 2.5 years, you know that:

(1) They’re dead serious (no pun intended) about making sure their next hire is a tidal wave hire

(2) Scott Frost is square in the discussion of potentially being that hire next to Chip Kelly, Matt Campbell, Mike Norvell, Willie Taggart, Justin Fuente, Dan Mullen (please still count me 1000% out on him to NU) and Jon Gruden

(3) Frost is one of the top 3 hottest tickets in college football

(4) Moos needs to immediately decide a plan of what to do with our current staff (who holds a 55% all time winning percentage and IMO will not change) and give a now-or-never pitch to the golden boy

https://scout.com/college/oregon/Bo...Oregons-Taggart-For-Vacant-Head-Coa-109707903

If Taggart goes to UF. Good thing Moos is waiting to make any contact until after the season!

Frost is not an idiot. If he wants to go to Nebraska, he'll go to Nebraska. He comes from a family of coaches. The deciding factor will not be whether or not Nebraska's AD fires the coach in-season or after the season. Frost will not be "turned off" by a potential new boss who isn't willing to fire a head coach quickly after that new AD arrives on campus.

Oh boy, here we go. Put down the tin can with the string connected to it.
??? So you haven’t had a dozen other post like the OP? You have freaked out about SF going to multiple different schools, called for the coach to be fired now in almost every post and bad mouthed the AD for not doing it? Seems you are the one out of touch with reality.

??? So you haven’t had a dozen other post like the OP? You have freaked out about SF going to multiple different schools, called for the coach to be fired now in almost every post and bad mouthed the AD for not doing it? Seems you are the one out of touch with reality.

Learn to recognize hyperbole when it punches you in the face. Unless you actually do have a tin can up to your ear.

Learn to recognize hyperbole when it punches you in the face. Unless you actually do have a tin can up to your ear.
So you don’t think we should fire the HC now? You don’t think Moos “Track record” indicates he will keep MR another year? You don’t think Florida is making the right move and we are missing out? You don’t think early signing period means we need to fire the coach? This is all you post about, don’t try to walk back from it now that you look like a jackass.

So you don’t think we should fire the HC now? You don’t think Moos “Track record” indicates he will keep MR another year? You don’t think Florida is making the right move and we are missing out? You don’t think early signing period means we need to fire the coach? This is all you post about, don’t try to walk back from it now that you look like a jackass.

He is one of the one's that like's to stir the shit.;)

If we get to 7-5 you want to keep Riley? Judas Priest.

He may do this because next year would be a team entirely made up of Riley players. It might be a good idea to actually see what transpires at the qb position next year with Riley still here. If Lee is still here he could very well be great, if not you get to see what Gebbia is all about. All it takes is a difference maker at qb and things may completely change. If Riley is canned you can forget about these qb's IMO, they'll all be gone.

When Florida fires their head coach who went 14-2 in SEC East play with 2 division titles in 2.5 years, you know that:

(1) They’re dead serious (no pun intended) about making sure their next hire is a tidal wave hire

(2) Scott Frost is square in the discussion of potentially being that hire next to Chip Kelly, Matt Campbell, Mike Norvell, Willie Taggart, Justin Fuente, Dan Mullen (please still count me 1000% out on him to NU) and Jon Gruden

(3) Frost is one of the top 3 hottest tickets in college football

(4) Moos needs to immediately decide a plan of what to do with our current staff (who holds a 55% all time winning percentage and IMO will not change) and give a now-or-never pitch to the golden boy

I think we have about an 60% chance at landing Frost. I was at about 90% but with Florida in the mix i'm not as confident as when Tennessee, UCLA, A&M and us were the big dogs looking for coaches.

Moos doesn't do that. Here is a quote from Tom Shatel's article from this past Thursday.
“I’ve never done that,” Moos said. “If you don’t have the right person, you could have a win-at-all-costs, and play guys who are injured, burning redshirts and those kinds of things. I’ve never been one to give ultimatums.”

He also said this,
“I can still finally get to a Rose Bowl,” he said. “I’ve got five years to get to a Rose Bowl.”

Moos knows Riley isn't taking us there. He's been working the phones for a few weeks now looking for our next guy. If it's Frost great, if not I'm still confident Moos will have this place smelling like Roses in 5 years.

He may do this because next year would be a team entirely made up of Riley players. It might be a good idea to actually see what transpires at the qb position next year with Riley still here. If Lee is still here he could very well be great, if not you get to see what Gebbia is all about. All it takes is a difference maker at qb and things may completely change. If Riley is canned you can forget about these qb's IMO, they'll all be gone.

Two things here.

One if you want to win the B1G West or conference you have to run the ball more than 40 yards a game.
Second, Have you actually seen the defense get better after 8 games? I haven't.

After their bowl game, any sooner and it will ruin all the optics and **** with his young players head in their ny6 bowl game

I think we have about an 60% chance at landing Frost. I was at about 90% but with Florida in the mix i'm not as confident as when Tennessee, UCLA, A&M and us were the big dogs looking for coaches.

Moos doesn't do that. Here is a quote from Tom Shatel's article from this past Thursday.
“I’ve never done that,” Moos said. “If you don’t have the right person, you could have a win-at-all-costs, and play guys who are injured, burning redshirts and those kinds of things. I’ve never been one to give ultimatums.”

He also said this,
“I can still finally get to a Rose Bowl,” he said. “I’ve got five years to get to a Rose Bowl.”

Moos knows Riley isn't taking us there. He's been working the phones for a few weeks now looking for our next guy. If it's Frost great, if not I'm still confident Moos will have this place smelling like Roses in 5 years.

I’m thinking pretty much the same thing at 60% chance for Frost. One thing I don’t know is when that will be. I personally do not believe he will take the Florida job simply because he has said his dream job is Nebraska. I don’t think he would do that to his parents of the University of Nebraska.

Watching UCF pressers, Frost reminds me a lot of how Tom Osborne operated as a HC—calculated but also a compassionate coach. TO turned down the Colorado job because he couldn’t lie to his players’ faces and have to look them in the eye and tell them “there’s a better opportunity some place else.” Frost is not into self-aggrandizement and leaving after 2 years at UCF would be very difficult for him to do. My gut tells me that unless his dream job comes calling, he stays at UCF.

And I’m not sayin Moos should immediately fire Riley. I’m just hoping he has a plan for when we finish the season 5-7 or 6-6. It sounds to me like he’s the kind of guy that will get it all dialed.

Easy now. I think Moos should be backchanneling Frosts agent right now and getting the buyout funds squared away. I don’t think MR should coach in a bowl game. There’s no evidence of that happening though (which means it could be).

Now slowly step away from the ledge.

I just think he will make it one of the conditions
It’s possible. It seems most of the time coaches leave as an interim coaches the bowl game, just because of the need to assemble a staff and recruit, probably. Would your opinion change is UCF loses to USF and doesn’t get a NY6 Bowl?

It’s possible. It seems most of the time coaches leave as an interim coaches the bowl game, just because of the need to assemble a staff and recruit, probably. Would your opinion change is UCF loses to USF and doesn’t get a NY6 Bowl?
It is just my gut feeling, obviously i want to know yesterday what the decision is...

I’m thinking pretty much the same thing at 60% chance for Frost. One thing I don’t know is when that will be. I personally do not believe he will take the Florida job simply because he has said his dream job is Nebraska. I don’t think he would do that to his parents of the University of Nebraska.

Watching UCF pressers, Frost reminds me a lot of how Tom Osborne operated as a HC—calculated but also a compassionate coach. TO turned down the Colorado job because he couldn’t lie to his players’ faces and have to look them in the eye and tell them “there’s a better opportunity some place else.” Frost is not into self-aggrandizement and leaving after 2 years at UCF would be very difficult for him to do. My gut tells me that unless his dream job comes calling, he stays at UCF.

And I’m not sayin Moos should immediately fire Riley. I’m just hoping he has a plan for when we finish the season 5-7 or 6-6. It sounds to me like he’s the kind of guy that will get it all dialed.

My gut tells me after the Penn State woodshed beating their going to give us Riley gets fired the next day...

Riley will likely be fired after the Iowa game, but the Topic/poll question being asked is if/when frost is hired when is it announced... and i stick to my gut of after their bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT