ADVERTISEMENT

Who is starting QB game #1 ?

Nice strawman. But when I bring a perfectly plausible scenario to a discussion, you can’t dismiss it with “matter of fact” opinion. Making outright statements of fact that are nothing more than an opinion is not an argument
Best check yo’ self before you riggity riggity wreck yo’ self

“‘HH will never give us the best chance to win.’ Which is absolutely not true.”
You, circa several minutes ago.

How do you know that statement is “absolutely not true.” How could you possibly know that. Or, are you just a liar?
Because he already gave us the best chance to win last year and we have no idea if he will give us the best chance to win next year. I didn’t say he would give us a better chance to win over riaola, but simply that statement was already not true last year and unknown this year

Because he already gave us the best chance to win last year and we have no idea if he will give us the best chance to win next year. I didn’t say he would give us a better chance to win over riaola, but simply that statement was already not true last year and unknown this year
I'd argue that HH gave us the best chance last year compared to Sims (super low bar) but not Purdy.

Just an opinion. What if he is not? He may very well be ready. I hope he is. I hope he’s a heisman finalist. But the suggestion a true freshman qb won’t beat out HH from day 1 shouldn’t be that controversial. Arch didn’t start. Ewers didn’t start. Fields didn’t start. Who was the last top freshman qb to start game 1? I realize our qb room is worse than all those teams, but it’s possible he’s not ready to go out win games even if he does beat out HH
You can't compare DR to any other 5 star. Has there ever been another 5 star that signed with a team that hasn't been to a bowl game in 7 years?

Reactions: arf_man
you don’t know what you are doing. Is Kong forcing you to not make sense?

you don’t know what you are doing. Is Kong forcing you to not make sense?
So your argument is that DR gives us the best chance to win week 1 over HH, knowing DR has never attended a single practice as a college player and HH started for more wins than any qb we had last year? And you think that’s a fact and not an opinion?

It’s going to be ugly on this board if DR looks like a freshman this year.
What kind of freshman? You and dingle are trying SO ****ing hard to be the I told you so, I knew it, I warned you guys it's ridiculous.
Freshman make mistakes. They are not finished products. They can be really good though. And ...........
If he doesn't completely suck ass like last years 3, we are better off huh?

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
So your argument is that DR gives us the best chance to win week 1 over HH, knowing DR has never attended a single practice as a college player and HH started for more wins than any qb we had last year? And you think that’s a fact and not an opinion?
Let’s dissect this post.
Sure DR has never attended a single practice as a college player.
Last year has absolutely no bearing on this year. HH didn’t win anything. Rhule and Satt had to design a running offense for all the QBs since we had Simms and HH.
Unless they design and practice two different offenses, then you can’t say HH gives a better chance to win, because they won’t be practicing an offense that fits him. It will be very limited in scope and the players will have limited reps with that offense.
Freshman mistakes aside, Raiola will give us the best chance to win.

What kind of freshman? You and dingle are trying SO ****ing hard to be the I told you so, I knew it, I warned you guys it's ridiculous.
Freshman make mistakes. They are not finished products. They can be really good though. And ...........
If he doesn't completely suck ass like last years 3, we are better off huh?
I think DR could be great here, but unreasonable fan expectations could lead to discontent and DR transferring if things don’t start as well as many think it should. Tempering expectations is healthy and this fanbase needs patience. People need to pump the brakes

Reactions: AdaminLincoln
I think DR could be great here, but unreasonable fan expectations could lead to discontent and DR transferring if things don’t start as well as many think it should. Tempering expectations is healthy and this fanbase needs patience. People need to pump the brakes
What are the fan expectations? If people think we’re playing for a Natty, they’re crazy. But I don’t think that’s the case. I’m not even sure if people think we make a bowl game next year.

Reactions: timnsun and V-Doub
I read that Dave Remington said he thought Riola will not be ready to start by the first game. I’m thinking if he doesn’t start who does ?

Kaelin won’t be ready if Riola isn’t. HH ? Too many memories of overthrown balls into the hands of a safety. Also, HH is a run first quarterback, who is susceptible to injury. A walk on ? Can’t see a walk on starting with the #1 QB in the nation on the bench

We need a one-year portal transfer QB to be the transition of Raiola to the starter. Casey would have been perfect as well as the OSU and Maryland QBs.
Raiola. The season opener could not be any more disappointing if someone else did.

Raiola is the dude, he can make throws that many NFL QBs can’t make. Kaelin I believe can give him a good run for his money, which I hope he does to elevate both their play in spring ball.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
ALL the QBs on this team better be working their asses off right now. None of them were prepared last year and they all know it. Time to put in that work. Ef the girlfriends, the video games and throw that ****ing weed away and get your asses to work. No excuses! GBR.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
ALL the QBs on this team better be working their asses off right now. None of them were prepared last year and they all know it. Time to put in that work. Ef the girlfriends, the video games and throw that ****ing weed away and get your asses to work. No excuses! GBR.
78213936-c665-4e56-a961-093c5b981889_text.gif

a dark horse if they don’t want to throw Dylan to the wolves could be Luke Longval to start the season. A legit QB coach will help all. Maybe even HH

Even Tommy needed a few games before he played as a freshman

I read that Dave Remington said he thought Riola will not be ready to start by the first game. I’m thinking if he doesn’t start who does ?

Kaelin won’t be ready if Riola isn’t. HH ? Too many memories of overthrown balls into the hands of a safety. Also, HH is a run first quarterback, who is susceptible to injury. A walk on ? Can’t see a walk on starting with the #1 QB in the nation on the bench

We need a one-year portal transfer QB to be the transition of Raiola to the starter. Casey would have been perfect as well as the OSU and Maryland QBs.
I don’t think Remington actually follows Nebraska Football. My guess is he would struggle to even name players on the team. Nothing I’ve heard him say regarding the program ever seems to make much sense.

What is the fan expectation for Raiola? Honestly, the expectation is he will be better than what we had last year. And that’s an incredibly low bar. Some are saying 10 wins, sure, but that’s upper end. That’s if he lights it up. If he doesn’t, the low bar from fans is a bowl game.

I don’t think that expectation is gonna run DR off. In fact, I suspect DR’s aspirations are gonna be higher than that himself.

Not OP but it’s is 100 percent fact . I would honestly like to meet you . Can’t believe anyone is this dense.

It’s definitely clear enough for me to think of it as a fact.
DR Starts game 1 unless he gets dinged up somewhere along the way.
Not knocking HH but DR has been training n playing qb forever. It’s nice to discuss but HH will never be a better option to win a game before DR. FACT?

Those of y’all using Frazier and Lawrence as an example are actually helping the other side of the argument. Both proved to be ready as freshmen and both played better than the players that started the season ahead of them. It was the coaches that weren’t ready to start a true freshman more than it was the player not being ready or needing a few games.

In this all-too-early question I'll guess that HH is the starter game #1.

If DR is everything he's expected to be I could see him getting almost equal playing time and progressing to the starting role by mid season.

Zero chance #15 is not the starting QB in the fall.

Assuming all are healthy.

Never said HH will start. I said it’s possible HH gives us the best chance to win because we don’t know how DR will perform at this level from day 1. I’m on board starting DR even if it means short term struggles. But can this fanbase handle DR not being great from day 1? Idk the answer to that
That could be the dumbest thing I have read in some time.

DR could be 50% of his potential and be better than HH and give a better shot to win games.

Reactions: bigboxes
Those of y’all using Frazier and Lawrence as an example are actually helping the other side of the argument. Both proved to be ready as freshmen and both played better than the players that started the season ahead of them. It was the coaches that weren’t ready to start a true freshman more than it was the player not being ready or needing a few games.
I've never understood the thinking that coaches wouldn't want to play the guy who gives them the best chance to win at any position. Maybe Raiola turns out to be a bit underwhelming compared to his hype, but he's a big kid, has a big arm, has had access to elite training, and most importantly, will be in Lincoln for spring ball. Also, NU just hired a guy with a legit QB coaching resume. The season starts with UTEP, CU, UNI and Ill. That's a nice early season break in period.

With the offense we need to run to be relevant a "qb" with HH skill set is not are best option to win.

Of course he will look like a freshman. What's the difference? All our qb's looked like freshman for the last 5+ years.
Haarberg has the benefit of actually having played against P5 defenses and he knows the entire offense inside and out now. There’s a chance that he wouldn’t make some of the mistakes he made last fall. That said, I’m not arguing that he should be the starter game one. That’s a judgement that our staff has to make after weeks of practice. The odds are that Heinrich will be QB2.

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT