ADVERTISEMENT

When Does the Haarberg Era Begin?

Shouldn’t be too hard. Run the ball and toss a few picks. Surely HH can handle that.
I know you're trying to be funny, but you're exactly right

what we saw yesterday is exactly what I and most would expect of Haarberg in his first career start, with plenty of flashes and upside

instead, we got it in Sims's near 20 something career start and I don't think it's getting any better

especially if we're going to milk the clock and not spread teams out

Reactions: NikkiSixx and WHCSC

what we saw yesterday is exactly what I and most would expect of Haarberg in his first career start, with plenty of flashes and upside

instead, we got it in Sims's near 20 something career start and I don't think it's getting any better

Unfortunately that’s what we’re going to get from sims is a minimum of two turnovers a game.if he does that and the chance for a bowl game is gone you’ll see a youth movement

And are we sure Haarberg is really a liability when it comes to decision making? I mean, we know his accuracy is pretty horrendous, but there's a decision making factor here too that may mean fewer turnovers. Sims looks like it's accuracy plus bad decisions. Is HH that way too? Serious question, I really don't know.

And are we sure Haarberg is really a liability when it comes to decision making? I mean, we know his accuracy is pretty horrendous, but there's a decision making factor here too that may mean fewer turnovers. Sims looks like it's accuracy plus bad decisions. Is HH that way too? Serious question, I really don't know.
HH appears to now know 2 positions after 1 game better than Sims knows 1 after 26 starts

It is unbelievable how bad our QB play was last night. He is over ranked even at 49th in the country. (If memory serves somebody ranked gim that)?.....it was so bad when he dropped back to pass I could barely watch what happened next.

HH appears to now know 2 positions after 1 game better than Sims knows 1 after 26 starts

You danced around that question. A little passive-aggressive, even for you. If you don't know, that's fine. Just thought you'd know the answer.

You danced around that question. A little passive-aggressive, even for you. If you don't know, that's fine. Just thought you'd know the answer.
I don't know anything about HH's decision making because we never see him play QB

Reactions: Landomatic
Unfortunately that’s what we’re going to get from sims is a minimum of two turnovers a game.if he does that and the chance for a bowl game is gone you’ll see a youth movement
I doubt it. I'm beginning to suspect neither Rhule nor Satterfield has the courage to admit they made a mistake with that portal transfer and will play Sims no matter what for the next two years just like Pelini did Taylor Martinez when he was hurt and Frost did Adrian Martinez.

I doubt it. I'm beginning to suspect neither Rhule nor Satterfield has the courage to admit they made a mistake with that portal transfer and will play Sims no matter what for the next two years just like Pelini did Taylor Martinez when he was hurt and Frost did Adrian Martinez.
Yep, coaches just love to lose and will do anything, including playing the worst players, to achieve that goal.

Yep, coaches just love to lose and will do anything, including playing the worst players, to achieve that goal.
So you are saying in all the years you have been involved with or followed football you have NEVER felt a coach was playing a player due to loyalty to him or comfort with the status quo rather than what was in the best interest of the team?

If not, I guess I need to get the Reynolds Wrap out of the drawer and add a few more sheets to my tinfoil hat.

The other options aren’t great IMO. Sims just needs to take care of the ball. Personally I think we need to only throw it as a last resort.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
The other options aren’t great IMO. Sims just needs to take care of the ball. Personally I think we need to only throw it as a last resort.
That seems to be the case, but our OL won’t be good enough if we can’t spread teams out at all. I was not that impressed with Minnesota.

That seems to be the case, but our OL won’t be good enough if we can’t spread teams out at all. I was not that impressed with Minnesota.
Minnesota is a typical old style big 10 team, they don’t have elite players but play fundamentally sound they don’t beat themselves, but a better team that can get up two scores of more its a easy win

Sims’s accuracy isn’t awful. He just can’t stare receivers down.☹️
Yeah- staring down was not good.
He was missing on some short throws (even some completions not on target) and never threw much downfield, total % under 60%.
I wouldn’t say he’s not capable, but we haven’t seen yet what his potential may be.

Yeah- staring down was not good.
He was missing on some short throws (even some completions not on target) and never threw much downfield, total % under 60%.
I wouldn’t say he’s not capable, but we haven’t seen yet what his potential may be.
IF he can get to 60% and STOP the INTs he’ll be fine. His run threat is a big deal.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Run the option or at least the Taylor Martinez version with sims and hh and hope we can win enough games Jeff sims looked like he looked at GT. Only so much u can get out of a player this long into their career.

So far Rhule had done most of what he said. But last night he broke one. He said he would not cut corners but clearly he did last night refusing to try and work on the run game and not letting Gabe salt the game away. When he said that was going to be what we were about.

Sims’s accuracy isn’t awful. He just can’t stare receivers down.☹️
His accuracy is terrible. How many passes did he complete that were on time and in the right place? The one to Haarberg. Washington had to dive and then there was the wide open bomb that fell woefully short. Vision aside, he has definite flaws in his footwork. He doesn't have the best group of WRs to throw to but I am not sure it will matter. What do you expect him to do as the season wears on and he is beat up which he will be? To be fair, he isn't getting much help around him.

It is interesting that the same comments made about our past O coordinators, QB coaches and play callers are all being used once again. Interesting.

Reactions: king_kong_
Yeah, that’s what everyone thought about Joe Ganz until he finally played. I’m m not 100% ready to abandon Sims but it would be nearly impossible for a guy who looks that bad in the passing game to suddenly get better at it. At some point I hope the other guys get a shot if there isn’t major improvement. Hell, Utah just beat Florida by using two guys, one to pass and one to run.

Yeah, that’s what everyone thought about Joe Ganz until he finally played. I’m m not 100% ready to abandon Sims but it would be nearly impossible for a guy who looks that bad in the passing game to suddenly get better at it. At some point I hope the other guys get a shot if there isn’t major improvement. Hell, Utah just beat Florida by using two guys, one to pass and one to run.
Ganz was a turnover machine too for BC. His W/L record wasn’t great either as I recall. Fun to watch but….

749 days

well worth it

imagine what this team would look like if HH was in his 3rd year starting instead of f*cking around with AM and CT

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT