ADVERTISEMENT

When Does the Haarberg Era Begin?

I don't think Haarberg is ready. But how weird is it to see a four year QB continue to make the same mistakes in his senior year? Martinez deserves to be benched. No doubt about that.
what the F does ready mean?

AM didn't even play his sr year of hs and then had his best season of his life his true frosh year here

if AM was 'ready', Haarberg is ready.

we cannot watch this madness any longer

I don't think Haarberg is ready. But how weird is it to see a four year QB continue to make the same mistakes in his senior year? Martinez deserves to be benched. No doubt about that.
Yeah, I think Frost sticks with AM. Just some bad decisions in the first half. Like a broken record but it is what it is.

Is Haarberg even second string?
I’m feeling particularly negative at the moment… Haarberg should be at least second string. If Smothers is first string, Haarberg is second. Put Martinez at the end of the bench. This is Illinois. ILLINOIS. He is terrible. And if he’s not ready for game one against Illinois, let’s lose with someone else getting experience.

The other team is playing with their backup, he might as well make the change, but of course Scott is too stubborn to admit he has been wrong all these years now.
It's more of a personal issue. He was hated in 96 and proved us wrong in 97. He is living vicariously through Martinez. Frost coaching career is OVER is he doesn't make a move now!

what the F does ready mean?

AM didn't even play his sr year of hs and then had his best season of his life his true frosh year here

if AM was 'ready', Haarberg is ready.

we cannot watch this madness any longer
Ready means that you don't mess with a first year QB's confidence by throwing them into a bad situation unless everyone believes in him. Replacing a 4 year starter on the road at halftime when the opponent has all of the momentum?

Ready means that if he isn't and the team knows it, you're taking a huge gamble with team chemistry right off the bat by benching a captain to put in a guy that the players know doesn't deserve it yet.

I know that Frost's teams are known for creating adversity rather than overcoming it. But it's week zero, the staff has been preaching "four quarters", "mental toughness", etc. The staff cannot be perceived by the players as pressing the panic button otherwise the players could stop believing in your message.

Frost was looking for someone to replace him last year. We didn't have anyone. Hopefully we do this year.

We don’t. Smothers has a D2 arm and Haarberg isn’t ready.

Not sure what’s more mind boggling….Frost not canning the weirdo QB coach or Frost being dumb enough to believe we didn’t need to look for another QB this offseason.

I don't give a chit who the second, third or fourth string quarterback is. Martinez needs to be replaced. Four years of this same chit is enough to know he can't do the job. Hell, run the whole game out of a wildcat. Just get Martinez out of there.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Nebraska will be down 30-9 at the beginning of the 4th quarter and Adrian will continue to trot out there.

Ready means that you don't mess with a first year QB's confidence by throwing them into a bad situation unless everyone believes in him. Replacing a 4 year starter on the road at halftime when the opponent has all of the momentum?

Ready means that if he isn't and the team knows it, you're taking a huge gamble with team chemistry right off the bat by benching a captain to put in a guy that the players know doesn't deserve it yet.

I know that Frost's teams are known for creating adversity rather than overcoming it. But it's week zero, the staff has been preaching "four quarters", "mental toughness", etc. The staff cannot be perceived by the players as pressing the panic button otherwise the players could stop believing in your message.
the message is 12-20! who the hell thinks another half will make a difference in perception?

Maybe… that being said, these players have seen the same thing for 3 years now, and nothing has changed. Maybe they approve of a change and chemistry improves. The team may feel like what’s the point with Martinez? He’s not gonna get us a win. But someone else could be better.

That’s where I’m at right now.

Maybe… that being said, these players have seen the same thing for 3 years now, and nothing has changed. Maybe they approve of a change and chemistry improves. The team may feel like what’s the point with Martinez? He’s not gonna get us a win. But someone else could be better.

there never was a point to starting AM this year

that fact has now crystalized

How long until boosters take things into their own hands?

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: BleedRed78
the message is 12-20! who the hell thinks another half will make a difference in perception?
Adrian is a front runner. So I wouldn't see him leading a comeback today, but weirder things have happened. We need some luck-- kinda like Illinois is getting with the safety and scoop & score. I think the time to make a change, if you make one is after the OU game.

Adrian is a front runner. So I wouldn't see him leading a comeback today, but weirder things have happened. We need some luck-- kinda like Illinois is getting with the safety and scoop & score. I think the time to make a change, if you make one is after the OU game.
the safety and scoop & score had nothing to do with luck

You make a good point. The question is whether Haarberg is up for it this early in his career.

the safety and scoop & score had nothing to do with luck
If the opponent does something incredibly stupid like Taylor-Britt did, do you give yourself credit for that or call it luck? I call it luck. The scoop & score thing is debatable.

We don’t. Smothers has a D2 arm and Haarberg isn’t ready.

Not sure what’s more mind boggling….Frost not canning the weirdo QB coach or Frost being dumb enough to believe we didn’t need to look for another QB this offseason.
I'm sorry but I am so sick in this FN excuse! Does Martinez? Enough of this BS excuse! Smothers can not be worse

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT