ADVERTISEMENT

Postseason Scenarios

90sman

Walk On
Nov 5, 2023
With the regular season now over, the real fun (for some other teams, I guess) begins. Lots of wild scenarios in play as we head into Championship Week and the playoffs.

To me, it looks likely that we are headed for another big controversy surrounding which team will snag the 4th playoff spot. It seems plausible that either Georgia and/or Florida St could lose, and if either does, several teams could make a case for the spot that opens up.

In my favorite timeline, Florida State and Texas both lose, leaving Michigan, the winner of Oregon/Washington, Georgia as locks, and the committee selects Ohio State to the 4th spot and they beat Harbaugh in the rematch for the title. I'm no Ohio State fan, I just hate Michigan and that is the most painful scenario I can imagine for them.

Reactions: InMotion
The conference championship games are a stupid waste of time and shouldn't even happen. The conference championship game was Michigan vs Ohio St. If this season was next season they would have a rematch game RIGHT after their rivalry game, and then they could still potentially meet again in the playoff. The Big 10 is better off having two potential playoff teams and the likely number one seed without the risk of Michigan's players getting injured or even suffering a shock loss in a completely meaningless game.
Having said that I'll go with 1. Michigan 2. Georgia 3. Oregon 4. Texas as of today. I could see any of 2,3,4 losing their championship games.

Last edited:
The conference championship games are a stupid waste of time and shouldn't even happen. The conference championship game was Michigan vs Ohio St. If this season was next season they would have a rematch game RIGHT after their rivalry game, and then they could still potentially meet again in the playoff. The Big 10 is better off having two potential playoff teams and the likely number one seed without the risk of Michigan's players getting injured or even suffering a shock loss in a completely meaningless game.
Having said that I'll go with 1. Michigan 2. Georgia 3. Oregon 4. Texas as of today. I could see any of 2,3,4 losing their championship games.
The West is so pathetic that’s the reason why.. No divisions next year and a 12 team playoff..
SEC championship game is a playoff game this year because they don’t have $&it division like the B1G West..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT