ADVERTISEMENT

What punishment should Michigan receive

At first I didn't really care about what they did but the more I learned about the lows they went thru to cheat so blatantly....no bowl/playoffs this year and next and a loss of a few schollies for next season... maybe 5??

the greatest punishment of all:

universal public shaming and additional permanent tarnish on their full of shit unearned reputation

in short, becoming a decades-long punchline

Last edited:
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Death penalty with no hope of parole.

Seriously, there is a divergent path. We can cast all our pent up frustration at a program that constantly brags. However, I suspicion this is not as isolated as we'd all like to believe. OR, probably the best course at this point is to make it legal.

Reactions: thall__
How is that any different than usual?
stuff like this should be more prevalent

the fact is, the B1G is not a serious football conference. it never has been and never will be. "scandals" like the one michigan finds itself in will hopefully shed more light on this fact, as well as reinvigorate the nationwide pointing and laughing at our Prestigious league when anyone mentions its members in a National Title discussion

we care because we are serious about football and are misplaced. the full transition into a B1G school has yet to take place at Nebraska.

Suspend the folks who were using and ordering use/acquisition of the illegally stolen signals. That means suspend/ban from the facilities Harbaugh, and his offensive and defensive coordinators, for the rest of the season pending completion of the investigation.

It’s amazing how over the years, the NCAA has allowed/been forced to allow more and more things that used to be cheating be OK, but people like Harbaugh still find a way to break the few rules that are left.

This would make Top gun’s day..
are you kidding? and miss out on yet another huge payday fading them in the playoffs?

reality is, there will be no ban and the media will guarantee them a spot in the playoff no matter how little they deserve it because there's an ROI they need to realize

• Haha
Reactions: scarletred
are you kidding? and miss out on yet another huge payday fading them in the playoffs?

reality is, there will be no ban and the media will guarantee them a spot in the playoff no matter how little they deserve it because there's an ROI they need to realize
not if they lose to PSU and OSU!! A girl can dream right?!

Reactions: BleedRed78
I’m in Oklahoma. One of the famous prior Ou presidents here said, When he was asked why he wanted so much money for the school “I just want to build a University of which the football team can be proud.”

I love Nebraska football. I love it when they win, I hate it when they lose. I got hooked in 1976 going to games with my dad. It’s one of my best memories of him. But I hope we agree that there is more to life than winning football games. That’s the reason why we joined the BIG, not the SEC. For all the issues, I’m glad we did.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
whatever it is, it should be harsh enough that Harbaugh leaves. he either:

a) knew and is pretending he didn't
b) didn't know, which is a hilarious lack of supervision for a HC

bring back 2012-2014 Michigan, the true destiny of their program.

whatever it is, it should be harsh enough that Harbaugh leaves. he either:

a) knew and is pretending he didn't
b) didn't know, which is a hilarious lack of supervision for a HC

bring back 2012-2014 Michigan, the true destiny of their program.
Yes. And this isn’t the first time Michigan has been caught cheating while Harbaugh has been the head coach.

Last edited:
I say 5 game suspension for Harbaugh without pay, and a $30 million fine that goes to the other schools

It is a bit surprising that the BIG would do anything in season when this team is most likely their playoff chance. The conference has had enough issues in the playoffs since 2014.

5 year bowl and I get to make fun of every Michigan fan. Just did the latter a few minutes ago at the airport 🤣🤣. Everyone laughed at this fool

Well the punishment I hear talked about most by authority figures is a suspension for some amount of games for Jim Harbaugh. Agree or disagree but I think that's what is most likely.

• Angry
The lameness AFTER being caught is what they should get punished for.

Just own it, you did it, accept it and take your lame punishment. The second they want to get lawyers involved is when it turns stupid.

**** off...take your spanking...

Rocks and glass houses……no punishment . Let QBs and middle linebackers have mics in helmets. This is so silly.

Whenever coach is on sideline, he holds the play card up to his mouth and covers it. Pitchers do the same with their mitts.
The Big signs on the sidelines to communicate in the plays might have been the dumbest trend in college football in the last 20 years

You are literally showing the opponent your play. Let that sink in.

Now the fact that Michigan was “stealing signs” isn’t the problem. It’s the fashion they were doing it in. That’s what’s getting them in trouble.

Example: in baseball when a runners on second, of course he’s going to steal the sign from the catcher and relay to his batter and especially tell the batter if it’s coming inside or away. That’s part of the game. But to have a guy sitting in the centerfield bleachers stealing signed and then mic in to the batter the sign, that’s not part of the game

Make Michigan sit their starters for the fist 3 quarters of the Penn State game. If they win, good for them, they stay on the road to the playoff. They lose, they did it to themself

The thing that sick is they didn’t even need to cheat. The team is really good on its own. It’s like Nixon bugging the DNC in 72. He was easily going to win the election, so why do that?

Their punishment is to have to be branded as the Micheatin' Wolverines until Harbaugh dies.

Make Michigan sit their starters for the fist 3 quarters of the Penn State game. If they win, good for them, they stay on the road to the playoff. They lose, they did it to themself

The thing that sick is they didn’t even need to cheat. The team is really good on its own. It’s like Nixon bugging the DNC in 72. He was easily going to win the election, so why do that?
BUT, had michigan not cheated to beat tOSU in the first place, and then again the next year, would they still be as good? Or would Hardbaugh have been fired, sending them back into the revolving coaching ordeal again. So, I think they are only as good as they are today because they cheated to get there.

IFit can be proved beyond reasonable doubt, they should have to forfeit ALL games they cheated. HC,OC, and DC should be suspended for same amount of games AFTER the end of this season AND said suspension should follow them if they move on or are fired. Michigan should lose the same amount of scholarships as games they forfeit

Reactions: Baxter48
They cheated and knew they were cheating. JH probably knew directly. If not, he is still clearly responsible. I would think a conversation with Stallions and he would provide information.

I would wait for the NCAA to complete the investigation and then hand down penalties after this season ends.

1. Vacate all Big10 wins in 2023 (this does not count as W's for those teams).
2. Fine JH $250,000 given repeated issues/history.
3. U of Mich fined the amount it costs to outfit all current Big 10 teams with in-helmet communication at the time the NCAA approves use.

I don't think there should be a bowl ban or loss of scholarships. You could immediately suspend JH with an understanding that more penalties are still to come during or after the NCAA delivers a report.

They cheated and knew they were cheating. JH probably knew directly. If not, he is still clearly responsible. I would think a conversation with Stallions and he would provide information.

I would wait for the NCAA to complete the investigation and then hand down penalties after this season ends.

1. Vacate all Big10 wins in 2023 (this does not count as W's for those teams).
2. Fine JH $250,000 given repeated issues/history.
3. U of Mich fined the amount it costs to outfit all current Big 10 teams with in-helmet communication at the time the NCAA approves use.

I don't think there should be a bowl ban or loss of scholarships. You could immediately suspend JH with an understanding that more penalties are still to come during or after the NCAA delivers a report.
No bowl ban?? Why?

Nothing is going to happen until after the playoffs are completed, A weak excuse is the route of all evil! MONEY

Uggg, I hate the "vacate wins" that doesn't do anything and it doesn't mean. Say they win it all and the NCAA comes in and is like "Nope, they vacate the wins" F that, they still won it all.

Punishment: Take away home games. No home games for 1 year or 2 years or whatever. That punishes the staff and pisses off the fans and once you piss off the fans that is when shit hits the fan (the other type of fan)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT