ADVERTISEMENT

Lia Thomas "satire" social media

skintight

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 2, 2012
has anyone else here been getting many "satire" or Faux facebook reports that Mr. Lia Thomas has been stripped of his swimming medals or has been banned from the Olympics or Olympic trials?

i get 3-4 per day. i just don't understand the angle--what is being gained by these false -satire posts?

has anyone else here been getting many "satire" or Faux facebook reports that Mr. Lia Thomas has been stripped of his swimming medals or has been banned from the Olympics or Olympic trials?

i get 3-4 per day. i just don't understand the angle--what is being gained by these false -satire posts?

It’s an election year. Sounds like a social media campaign to drum up fear…

In Riley Gaines We Trust. Protect our women!

Kind of like when "satire" twitter accounts were posting that Kyle McCord had committed to transfer to Nebraska? People have no idea what satire means anymore.

What does satire mean to you?
Literally: "the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues."

Not simply a false statement. "The weather tomorrow will be 44° and partly cloudy" when in reality it will be more like 26° and overcast is not satire.

Literally: "the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues."

Not simply a false statement. "The weather tomorrow will be 44° and partly cloudy" when in reality it will be more like 26° and overcast is not satire.
That's not satire. That's a lie.

You have the definition correct. But, your execution is incorrect.

Reactions: baseball31ne
yes, but when you read the articles it is the absolutely the driest, satire in history.

Lately I’ve been getting ‘City of Omaha Public Werks’ and ‘Jayor Mean Stothert’ on my FB feed

Also fake sport quotes. Like Jedd Fisch saying that they’re going to spread the BiG TeN’s cheeks and let them know Washington holds the ball gag.

Hope?

Banana Hammock.
3o7budcT4T9BFxJZEk.webp

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT