ADVERTISEMENT

We should be used to this

LOL you clowns turned on Frost quicker than I thought. I thought 1.5 years would be accurate. You're worse than UT fans and coaches since Fulmer left. Frost made a bad decision for Osborne and his father; he will never be another Tom Osborne because kids and recruits don't want to go to NU. Frost should have stayed at UCF and become a legend there when we get into P5 next go around ala Bobby Bowden did at FSU.

If Frost doesn't go (7-5) next year, it's gonna snowball (no pun intended) so quickly. I would feel bad for Scott but $30 mil solves a lot of problems.

Good luck guys.

You don't get out too much do you? 10 people on a message board who have issues with something does not represent the fan base as a whole.

I understand the UCF fan base is clueless about the large passionate fan bases in college football and the diversity they have. No matter how good things are at Nebraska or Ohio State or Oklahoma (nope, there were never any Sooner fans who wanted Bob Stoops fired, pfftttt) there will always be people who are pissy about something, it's just the way some people are.

Reactions: SOHusker11
You are delusional!

S5eelP.png

We've won that battle over quite a few teams we've played lately, nothing beats winning in the off season only to end up 4-8..

Not really sure what I said that warranted that kind of response. I thought I was pretty respectful of Nebraska.

Yes, one was a sellout. The other was very close. The rest of the season we finished tops in the AAC for attendance including drawing well for away games. We traveled well too.

But like I said -- we've been playing D1 football for 20ish years. We've had a good amount of success and hopefully we can someday make it into a P5 conference. Nebraska football started in 1890, with that history you all have better fan support and a trophy case full of championships. UCF has gotten off to a good start in the short time we've been around but we've definitely got a long way to go.

Yeah that probably came off a bit harsh. More a response to the crap I have seen your fans post on your board that you specifically. My apologies to you.

With all due respect to both fan bases, there are and have been faaaaaaar more Nebraska trolls on the UCF Board the last 2 months than vice versa. Give us UCF fans a bit of latitude. I don't think most of you have any idea how bad it got over there with Nebraska posters.

With all due respect to both fan bases, there are and have been faaaaaaar more Nebraska trolls on the UCF Board the last 2 months than vice versa. Give us UCF fans a bit of latitude. I don't think most of you have any idea how bad it got over there with Nebraska posters.

I'd say the numbers game played a role in that. Obviously Nebraska is going to have more people over there than UCF would have over here.

Sadly, you don't get much room to work when posting on other boards. I've done it from time to time and have been blamed for trolling myself or I was trashed for whatever reasons they felt necessary.

Why do people insist that UCF only had success with Frost? Furthermore they also insist the he rebuilt UCF. Neither one of these things are true. Just my opinion but I think there are a great deal of Nebraska fans that are setting themselves up for disappointment.
Because they have no idea what they are talking about and think UCF was only relevant because of CSF. They focus too much on the 0-12 and not the history of the team.

Yes because taking over a 0-12 team and going 12-0 in two years is so easy. How many coaches have done that? 1 and his name is Scott Frost
Because going 13-1 (2013 conference champs, BCS CHAMP) then 9-4 (2014 conference champs) then 0-12 coach quit after game 5 then 6-7, then 12-0 (2017 conference champs).

SF didn’t rebuild the team, he only had 2 recruiting classes and there are several people on the team that were on the BCS team. CSF played a big role in this years success but it damn sure wasn’t a rebuild. The team was good before GOL quit on them. IN 5 years, UCF has 3 conference championships, CSF brought only 1.

Before you speak, know what your speaking about.

I’m tired of trying to make other people happy.. It’s almost time to do what is best for me
1f64c-1f3fe.png

The tragic story of Cameron Brown. All his life he has done nothing but give, give, give, by playing high school football and stuff, all for the sake of others. And now this selfless young man is considering doing a little something for himself. But will he? Can he? Can he really break the habits of a lifetime and put himself first for even a minute, just this once? Who knows?

I wouldn’t run my gums about our class. SF is known as a 3* recruiter and he backed it up. He landed 1 4* due to a coaching change and lost 2 4*. We have 5 different ranked 3.5* out of 14. That’s the most low level 3* recruits we’ve had in years!! The RB - we beat. out Boise St and ASU sigh

He has gotten commitments from 2 4-Star players and a 2-time JUCO All American RB and that was a 4-Star coming out of high school. Plus 4 3-Star kids. All while he and his staff are working 2 jobs.

You couldn't be more short-sighted. He might be a 3-Star recruiter at UCF, which means he'll be a high 3 and 4-Star recruiter in Lincoln.

But by all means keep bitching about the results of a staff that has been in Florida more than Nebraska over the last 2 weeks. I'm pretty pleased with what they've done in just a short time.

Because going 13-1 (2013 conference champs, BCS CHAMP) then 9-4 (2014 conference champs) then 0-12 coach quit after game 5 then 6-7, then 12-0 (2017 conference champs).

SF didn’t rebuild the team, he only had 2 recruiting classes and there are several people on the team that were on the BCS team. CSF played a big role in this years success but it damn sure wasn’t a rebuild. The team was good before GOL quit on them. IN 5 years, UCF has 3 conference championships, CSF brought only 1.

Or maybe you should consider that your starting QB and RB that make your offense go...were both brought in by Frost and his staff. And gee, I wonder what coaching staff also helped him become the highest rated passer in the nation. Fking ingrate. When you guys go 6-6 next year, you come back and tell us Frost and staff weren't a special group.

You're joking right? Huepel is married to Big 12 President Boren's daughter. UCF has the #1 student enrollment in America. Orlando is America's #1 fastest growing city. Orlando is the largest market in the US to not have an NFL football team.

Oh yeah, our facilities are better than UF and FSU and Miami.

Only a matter of time bud.

Orlando sucks. Been there. Done that. Eff Florida.

Hey smartass......you even graduate from NUB? We have won 3 conference championships and appeared in 2 NY6 bowl games in the last 5 years. And done this with a fraction of the $$$ resources that NUB has done nothing with over that time frame. If UCF could sustain this success it is only a matter of time before we are invited to a P5 league. It always amazes me why the fans of so called Blue Blood programs feel the need to shit on up and coming schools.

Best of luck to Frost and Co. I will always be thankful he saw what UCF could be.....unlike most NuB fans.

You all keep talking about this “Nub”. What the hell is “ Nub”? If you want people to take you seriously, it’s NEBRASKA. Show some respect. NUB is neither a state nor a University. I would rather be a smart ass than sound ignorant.

Or maybe you should consider that your starting QB and RB that make your offense go...were both brought in by Frost and his staff. And gee, I wonder what coaching staff also helped him become the highest rated passer in the nation. Fking ingrate. When you guys go 6-6 next year, you come back and tell us Frost and staff weren't a special group.
What are you taking about? My point is that SF didn’t make UCF relevant as some here proposed. UCF was relevant before SF and will be relevant after SF. And I am not worried about going 6-6, you will be right there with us if we do, which is HIGHLY unlikely, odds are better for you than us.

And not a single RB has over 750 yds so ya better learn the offense.

I'd say the numbers game played a role in that. Obviously Nebraska is going to have more people over there than UCF would have over here.

Sadly, you don't get much room to work when posting on other boards. I've done it from time to time and have been blamed for trolling myself or I was trashed for whatever reasons they felt necessary.
I went over to the UCF board and all I found was empty seats.LaughingLaughing

Not speaking I am typing you idiot and I never typed that he rebuilt your program, you made it sound like he did not do a whole lot and I was pointing out facts, so before you type maybe think about giving someone credit when credit is do.

What are you taking about? My point is that SF didn’t make UCF relevant as some here proposed. UCF was relevant before SF and will be relevant after SF. And I am not worried about going 6-6, you will be right there with us if we do, which is HIGHLY unlikely, odds are better for you than us.

And not a single RB has over 750 yds so ya better learn the offense.

Sure you were relevant. But you were also 0-12 two short years ago. I don't care if Tom Landry or Pee Wee Herman coached your team two years ago, you were still 0-12 and finished the season in complete disarray.

Frost had some of the building blocks in be place, but he also brought in the Offensive system and the additional talent to execute the system. Where would you be without M. Milton throwing the ball or A. Killens running the ball? That's right, you certainly wouldn't be 12-0.

Just appreciate the fact that Frost completely transformed that 0-12 team to a very good team and leave it at that. Otherwise you might still be mired in losing seasons. Just show some respect for the guy that made UCF games fun to attend again, and stop acting like ungrateful asses.

UCF has been good because for some reason they have landed some really good coaches who were ignored or cast off from other programs. O'Leary was a top notch coach who was hired by Notre Dame but dropped due to dishonesty. His next college job was UCF...so they basically got a Notre Dame level coach, and the coach of the year in Frost. Probability-wise, Heupel isn't going to be that level of coach. I will always hope for the best for UCF because I watched all those knights flix on youtube, and they have a special group of kids. But another undefeated season is very unlikely.

I think we see now the posters on here that are just going to be negative no matter what. Doesn't matter who is coaching--they are going to always look at things the most negative way possible. Look at what Frost was left with to begin, consider the fact that there are always decommits with every coaching transition, look at the commits he has gotten in basically two weeks, and things don't look so bad.
Nobody has said fire the DC yet, which might be some sort of record.

How about you learn a little bit about what you're posting about if you're going to visit other boards.

You're over here talking shit about your 3 conference titles to fans that built a program that has won 46 of them.

Yep. We have had some BAAAD hires lately made by piss poor leadership. Finally fixed that for once. We won't be back next year but we're coming back. The cold prairie no-bikini adobe mud hut wasteland that yielded those titles has always been there.

And yep, we have our fair share of d-bag fans that became entitled when we won 3 national titles in 5 years. If you want to know which ones those are, they're the ones that sound a lot like you.

Last edited:
First partial class in a 5-6 year rebuild. You can realize it will take time or you can get on here and bitch for the next 5 years.

Nobody has said fire the DC yet, which might be some sort of record.
Not yet, but there was a thread started right away after the DC was hired that said he should be fired after year 2 if he doesn’t cut it.

So that’s close to calling for the DC to be fired...

As opposed to the cool weather in Texas? There are idiots everywhere. Even in wonderful Nebraska we have an entire state of them on our border. Thank goodness for the Missouri river.

And? I don't like Florida. This isn't about idiots. It's making a point that Florida is not some idyllic location. It's swampland, sink holes, basically land that no one should want to live on. Has terrible humidity, full of bugs, alligators. Read about their inbred residents every day. To top it off, the state is a hurricane catcher. You'd think people would learn after one of those storms. But no, we have to keep on bailing out those that CHOOSE to live there. Duh.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
And? I don't like Florida. This isn't about idiots. It's making a point that Florida is not some idyllic location. It's swampland, sink holes, basically land that no one should want to live on. Has terrible humidity, full of bugs, alligators. Read about their inbred residents every day. To top it off, the state is a hurricane catcher. You'd think people would learn after one of those storms. But no, we have to keep on bailing out those that CHOOSE to live there. Duh.

Exactly how much have you put into the "bail out Florida" fund?

Right now, on this topic, you're being one of the most hypocritical ever on this board.

Didn't a hurricane just put Houston under water? No bugs, humidity or gators in Texas either huh? Spoiler alert, TX has all of those.

If it's not about idiots why'd you bring them up?

There are plenty of amazing, beautiful spots in Florida, I can understand if it's not for you, but to discount it like that is beyond ignorant.

UCF has been good because for some reason they have landed some really good coaches who were ignored or cast off from other programs. O'Leary was a top notch coach who was hired by Notre Dame but dropped due to dishonesty. His next college job was UCF...so they basically got a Notre Dame level coach, and the coach of the year in Frost. Probability-wise, Heupel isn't going to be that level of coach. I will always hope for the best for UCF because I watched all those knights flix on youtube, and they have a special group of kids. But another undefeated season is very unlikely.
GOL was a coach of the year as well WHILE AT UCF, why because he took a 0-12 team to 8-4 the very next year. It's not a great history but it is our history.

The jury is out on Heupel and no one imagines an undefeated season. We were a FG away by USC kicked in the final seconds from being undefeated in 2013. So the potential is still there, slim but there.

Muggy, buggy and full of idiots
I just realized you were in TX. You are touting like TX is some great place to live? GTFOH, I lived in several places in TX, they ALL SUCKED. Galveston was okay but just barely. Willis sucked, Katy sucked, Houston sucked, Midland REALLY SUCKED, El Paso is a crap hole. Not one place I lived in TX is remotely comparable to FL. Not a single one.

Well actually maybe one, willis is comparable to Christmas FL, that place REALLY SUCKS.

Not speaking I am typing you idiot and I never typed that he rebuilt your program, you made it sound like he did not do a whole lot and I was pointing out facts, so before you type maybe think about giving someone credit when credit is do.

If you wish to be literal, we can surely go there. Your grammar and punctuation are seriously lacking. I didn't make any thing "sound like" anything. What I did was infer something. I think that is the word you were wishing to use. There is a difference and if you want to sound intelligent, then use the correct jargon. Lastly, you were not pointing out facts, you were making opinions.

I never claimed that CSF was not successful at UCF. I used history to prove that UCF was successful before CSF. That is vastly different. You are emotional and it is obvious by your choice of words. You probably should step away from the computer.

Last edited:
How about you learn a little bit about what you're posting about if you're going to visit other boards.

You're over here talking shit about your 3 conference titles to fans that built a program that has won 46 of them.

Yep. We have had some BAAAD hires lately made by piss poor leadership. Finally fixed that for once. We won't be back next year but we're coming back. The cold prairie no-bikini adobe mud hut wasteland that yielded those titles has always been there.

And yep, we have our fair share of d-bag fans that became entitled when we won 3 national titles in 5 years. If you want to know which ones those are, they're the ones that sound a lot like you.

LOL, talking shit, okay. I am making the clueless aware of what UCF was before SF. Some here seem to think UCF is what it is ONLY BECAUSE of SF. I am enlightening the ignorant.

We? Did you play for NU? As for NU's 46 conference titles, that's pretty impressive, and how long has your program been around? Lets see, it was established in 1869. Your first season of football was in 1890 which give NU 127 years of football. That averages out to a conference title every 2.75 years. Even though NU has sucked for quite a wile, that is still pretty impressive. I will give you that.

Lets look at UCF shall we. UCF was established in 1963, a mere 54 years ago. UCF first football season was in 1979 which gives UCF 38 years of football. UCF became a member of the FBS in 1996 and since joining the FBS has won 5 conference titles and 7 division titles. So in 21 years of FBS, UCF has a conference win average of 4.2 and playing for the title every 3 years on average.

But when you really dig into the data, you will see that it wasn't until 2005, when UCF entered C-USA and hired GOL that things began to turn around. That is when things changed for UCF. Unfortuantely in GOL's 1st year they went 0-12 but quickly rebounded and played for the conference championship the very next year. Huh, so 0-12 to playing for the conference championship the next year. That earned GOL several coach of the year accolades. That sounds awfully familiar, only it took one more year for CSF.

Unfortunately for GOL and UCF, he didn't know how to sustain that success and it was winning seasons followed by losing seasons for almost his entire tenure. Not too shabby for a new school that has climbed its way through the divisions and conferences of football.

The jury is out on CJH. He has the resume, will he live up to the hype, time will tell. Will CSF live up to the hype at NU, time will tell.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT