ADVERTISEMENT

We should be used to this

We've got a public board and a pay board -- I don't really spend too much time on the public one but I'm guessing that's where the "best" of both of our fanbases showed their true colors.

I went to high school with Tommy Frazier so have always casually paid attention to Nebraska football. I hear he went on to become a decent player for you all.

Btw - Just to clear something up. The whole non-sense about "no one goes to UCF games" is just stupid. We don't pull Nebraska size crowds but if you look at the atmosphere in our last two games it's great. We only started playing D1 football about 20ish years ago and we've been pretty successful. I hope some day we make it into a P5 conference and get to the levels of fan support Nebraska has.

I'll be watching to see how your offense progresses. If you haven't already done it, go look for the videos from FishDuck on the basics of the Oregon offense. Frost has evolved it a bit, but it's a good primer on what to expect. Just a fair warning though -- when the offense works it's awesome. But early on there's going to be more mistakes and when it breaks down it looks ugly. Give Frost 2-3 years to get everyone up to speed on the system and get the right athletes in.

Congratulations on your tradition of a great atmosphere for 2 games. Were they both sellouts too?

You are delusional!

S5eelP.png
Having trouble with my vague post? Soon enough means sometime in the future. Take on the big dogs means give them hell on the field rather than giving up 60 points to them.

Does anyone think there will be any big time recruits left after today? Especially ones that we would have a chance at? Just guessing, but I think many of the top guys are going to sign today.

I am seeing the early signing period as a blessing. We will know with absolute certainty who is coming to NU and a pretty good idea who is not. We will not be wasting time and precious in-home visits on DLine players committed to Georgia nor to RB's committed to Oregon. We'll know who's out there and available, we just have to determine if it's grades, indecision, or something more undesirable.

I like the star ratings. In general, they're a pretty good indicator on which high school football players are seen as having a BETTER PROBABILITY of playing at a certain level. But, the specifics of any one player being great or washing out is not all that good.

personally I am tired of people having a victim mentality.
We have basically been irrelevant for 15 years. The nation does not see NU as a powerhouse. We are more like Minnesota in the 70s.
we can't expect just because we have a Nebraska guy he can turn it around in a few short weeks. Most of the nations recruits have been courted for months or years and cant be expected to change everything. Think of it , none of the present players have any personal recollection of NUs past greatness. They didn't experience it.

I am totally optimistic for the first time since Osborne left. I believe Frost will pull some excellent recruits but we need to be adults and have some patience. Stop being so negative and feel we always get screwed. Our time will come

Congratulations on your tradition of a great atmosphere for 2 games. Were they both sellouts too?

Not really sure what I said that warranted that kind of response. I thought I was pretty respectful of Nebraska.

Yes, one was a sellout. The other was very close. The rest of the season we finished tops in the AAC for attendance including drawing well for away games. We traveled well too.

But like I said -- we've been playing D1 football for 20ish years. We've had a good amount of success and hopefully we can someday make it into a P5 conference. Nebraska football started in 1890, with that history you all have better fan support and a trophy case full of championships. UCF has gotten off to a good start in the short time we've been around but we've definitely got a long way to go.

You are delusional!

S5eelP.png

James Franklin's first class at Penn State right after he was hired was ranked 25th. And he took a full class of 25, and didn't have an early signing period to contend with.

His class the following year was ranked 15th. The year after that was 21st. It took him until his 5th recruiting class to get a Top 10 ranked class. It doesn't happen overnight.

Ohio State is always going to have great classes. They are the only major program in a huge, talent-rich state. They still got waxed by Iowa this year, and Urb isn't going to be around forever.

We need to start by winning our division again first. We have always won the recruiting rankings in our own division, so if Scott can coach em up, that should translate to winning the division on the field.

By February I think this class will be respectable. Frost is just getting started
I'm fine with a smaller class myself. I remember a large and very mediocre classes brought in by Callahan & Pelini with their first classes. And I've heard experts say that they expect 90% of the prospect to sign early (sounds a little high to me). If only 10% of the prospects remain, it will be tough for Frost to find a lot of talent to fill out a large class anyway. Frost expects to sign 20. If for some reason he comes up short, I won't lose sleep over it.

I'm hoping for a great class in 2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennsyhusker
You can run along now. Go back to your board where they are trying to ban all the Nebraska people. You are probably one of the ones bitching that Nebraska fans were on your board. And yet you still come over here. For what its worth.........your facilities might be better than the rest of your dreaded states facilities. You could take the best of each of them and they wouldn't match ours.
I got banned for posting an emoji. Sensitive people, them folk

Frost made his decision but from a UCF fan perspective I always thought 4 full years with sustained success would have led to a much bigger talent pipeline if he moved on to Nebraska. It is going to be difficult for him to compete and bring in Urban Meyer level talent when he was only in the State of Florida for 2 years. Meyer was in Florida for 5 years and won 2 National Championships. He established an entire recruiting network inside the State of Florida and the rest of the south in places like Virginia Beach as well.

I do think UCF beating Auburn will benefit Frost's recruiting at Nebraska the rest of this cycle. At UCF he did a good job closing the last few weeks before the February signing day. Marlon Williams and C. Richardson were 2 big gets that were not in the picture till maybe less than a month to the last signing day. Frost is going to really need to overachieve Year 1(9 wins) to get in the same neighborhood as Harbaugh & Meyer in the Recruiting World.

Hey smartass......you even graduate from NUB? We have won 3 conference championships and appeared in 2 NY6 bowl games in the last 5 years. And done this with a fraction of the $$$ resources that NUB has done nothing with over that time frame. If UCF could sustain this success it is only a matter of time before we are invited to a P5 league. It always amazes me why the fans of so called Blue Blood programs feel the need to shit on up and coming schools.

Best of luck to Frost and Co. I will always be thankful he saw what UCF could be.....unlike most NuB fans.

Hey smartass......you even graduate from NUB? We have won 3 conference championships and appeared in 2 NY6 bowl games in the last 5 years. And done this with a fraction of the $$$ resources that NUB has done nothing with over that time frame. If UCF could sustain this success it is only a matter of time before we are invited to a P5 league. It always amazes me why the fans of so called Blue Blood programs feel the need to shit on up and coming schools.

Best of luck to Frost and Co. I will always be thankful he saw what UCF could be.....unlike most NuB fans.
I don't understand your point here. You responded to somebody who was ridiculing you for your inability to sell out games by talking about all of the success UCF has had. By doing so, you are making the fact you can't sell out games in such a small stadium look even worse.

# of 'ships for this year alone mean lower rankings (learn the rating/ranking system for those that don't know). And please don't make me have to bring up the FACT that stars don't always translate on the field and that coaching can be a factor....

Since this turned into another UCF thread, I'll just say good luck to them in their bowl game vs. Auburn. I hope they play well (I know I'll be watching and cheering for them)

GBR

Reactions: Sinomatic

You also had an 0-12 season in the last 5 years. Remind me the last time that happened at Nebraska?

Yes, you got 1. Congrats. You need about 8-10 more of those to compete with Michigan, PSU, and OSU.

Your anger over us taking your coach is palpable. Do you realize how fun it is to watch you melt down? And not only that, you came over to our board to do it right in front of us. It's like the circus has pulled into town, and we don't have to plunk down one red nickel to watch the elephants take a massive dump all over the UCF logo.

Please continue. I love seeing you seething with anger and making a fool out of yourself. And the next time you feel angry about us taking your coach, come on back and display that anger for all of us to watch again. It's a beautiful thing. Laughing

Makes your sustained mediocrity over the last 10 years even more shocking....

UCF didn't deserve Scott Frost. You'll experience sustained mediocrity again soon without him. Good luck with your coach that got fired as offensive coordinator at his alma mater.

Makes your sustained mediocrity over the last 10 years even more shocking....

Keep the anger coming! I love it! Let it well up inside you. When you kick your coffee table just make sure you wear closed-toe shoes. If you happen to break a toe, we want to see pics your next visit, K?

Frost & his staff have just gotten started & some people are already unhappy? ;) Come on, give them a chance. This will take a while to get going. I still think we'll land some big targets when signing day comes in February. If you're truly a Husker fan, than you'll show support no matter what.

UCF didn't deserve Scott Frost. You'll experience sustained mediocrity again soon without him. Good luck with your coach that got fired as offensive coordinator at his alma mater.
The ignorance of this post is quite laughable. Good luck with CSF and your upcoming season.

When you spend half your week last week coaching your former team instead of making up ground on the recruiting trail these things tend to happen unfortunately. I though frost and co would overcome that decision with a really good showing today. Still have time to change the narrative but so far thud is right.
Complain about him now but when he turns things around you'll claim you always supported him. Bandwagon fans are the scum of the earth.

The ignorance of this post is quite laughable. Good luck with CSF and your upcoming season.

Why do people insist that UCF only had success with Frost? Furthermore they also insist the he rebuilt UCF. Neither one of these things are true. Just my opinion but I think there are a great deal of Nebraska fans that are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Why do people insist that UCF only had success with Frost? Furthermore they also insist the he rebuilt UCF. Neither one of these things are true. Just my opinion but I think there are a great deal of Nebraska fans that are setting themselves up for disappointment.

I guess all of the organizations that awarded Frost National Coach of the Year must be delusional too. Pardon me for putting more faith in their opinion than some Iowa clown from a message board that thinks going from 0-12 to 12-0 isn't a rebuild. Instead of posting a bunch of garbage, why don't you just post "I'm an idiot" and save us the time of reading your messages.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Frost made his decision but from a UCF fan perspective I always thought 4 full years with sustained success would have led to a much bigger talent pipeline if he moved on to Nebraska. It is going to be difficult for him to compete and bring in Urban Meyer level talent when he was only in the State of Florida for 2 years. Meyer was in Florida for 5 years and won 2 National Championships. He established an entire recruiting network inside the State of Florida and the rest of the south in places like Virginia Beach as well.

I do think UCF beating Auburn will benefit Frost's recruiting at Nebraska the rest of this cycle. At UCF he did a good job closing the last few weeks before the February signing day. Marlon Williams and C. Richardson were 2 big gets that were not in the picture till maybe less than a month to the last signing day. Frost is going to really need to overachieve Year 1(9 wins) to get in the same neighborhood as Harbaugh & Meyer in the Recruiting World.
Frankly, even if he was in Florida for 10 years, Frost may never "get in the same neighborhood" as Harbaugh and Meyer. Michigan & OSU are in much better recruiting area's and, even if you take Florida out of the equation, Meyer could get a top 5 class every year.
I think most Husker fan's will be happy to finish in the top 20 in recruiting rankings, and then trust Frost and staff to "coach them up".

I think we see now the posters on here that are just going to be negative no matter what. Doesn't matter who is coaching--they are going to always look at things the most negative way possible. Look at what Frost was left with to begin, consider the fact that there are always decommits with every coaching transition, look at the commits he has gotten in basically two weeks, and things don't look so bad.
Obviously, I was incredibly negative on Riley. I honestly think Riley and Staff could’ve taken the 2009 defense and manage to f that up.

Yeah, Frost sucks, doesn't he? Has only landed 7 recruits in 2 weeks, while working part-time. A 4-star QB, DB, and 2 time JUCO All-American RB, who was a 4-star coming out of high school. Sucks to be us. :(

I wouldn’t run my gums about our class. SF is known as a 3* recruiter and he backed it up. He landed 1 4* due to a coaching change and lost 2 4*. We have 5 different ranked 3.5* out of 14. That’s the most low level 3* recruits we’ve had in years!! The RB - we beat. out Boise St and ASU sigh

Reactions: Arbitr8
Yes because taking over a 0-12 team and going 12-0 in two years is so easy. How many coaches have done that? 1 and his name is Scott Frost

I wouldn’t run my gums about our class. SF is known as a 3* recruiter and he backed it up. He landed 1 4* due to a coaching change and lost 2 4*. We have 5 different ranked 3.5* out of 14. That’s the most low level 3* recruits we’ve had in years!! The RB - we beat. out Boise St and ASU sigh
It’s amazing how easy it is to poke a hole in this post… You claim that Frost got a four star player simply because of a coaching change. In other words, because Tennessee went through a coaching change, it’s hard for them to sign players. Well guess what genius… Nebraska is going through a coaching change too! And yet they’re supposed to get four star players? You are ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT