ADVERTISEMENT

We should be used to this

This.
We are going to drive ourselves nuts if we fixate on stars this year. We just finished a worse-than-it-looks record of 4-8. We have a new coach and staff.
Let's just focus on the talent these guys bring to the table, rather than fixate on stars

Two ways to look at this anyway. We have a few more low three star recruits than normal compared to the number of guys committed. We also have more high three and above commits than normal compared to the number of guys we have committed. Each of the last 3 years we have had 9 recruits rated 5.7 three stars or higher. This year we already have 8 with a few months to go before it's all said and done. So yes, we may ultimately end up with more lower rated guys. We may also end up with more higher rated guys than we have in the last several years.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
When you spend half your week last week coaching your former team instead of making up ground on the recruiting trail these things tend to happen unfortunately. I though frost and co would overcome that decision with a really good showing today. Still have time to change the narrative but so far thud is right.

jrt8Gp.png

He did not spend half the week coaching his team. However, still coaching his team also helped us land a 4-Star QB, plus 5 other players committed in two weeks. The thud is from a 4-8 season with Riley bringing this program to a new low. Get on board or get off the train.

My thoughts exactly. You are either N or you are out...make a choice. All of this incessant whining gets old.

Reactions: gw2kpro
LOL you clowns turned on Frost quicker than I thought. I thought 1.5 years would be accurate. You're worse than UT fans and coaches since Fulmer left. Frost made a bad decision for Osborne and his father; he will never be another Tom Osborne because kids and recruits don't want to go to NU. Frost should have stayed at UCF and become a legend there when we get into P5 next go around ala Bobby Bowden did at FSU.

If Frost doesn't go (7-5) next year, it's gonna snowball (no pun intended) so quickly. I would feel bad for Scott but $30 mil solves a lot of problems.

Good luck guys.

LOL you clowns turned on Frost quicker than I thought. I thought 1.5 years would be accurate. You're worse than UT fans and coaches since Fulmer left. Frost made a bad decision for Osborne and his father; he will never be another Tom Osborne because kids and recruits don't want to go to NU. Frost should have stayed at UCF and become a legend there when we get into P5 next go around ala Bobby Bowden did at FSU.

If Frost doesn't go (7-5) next year, it's gonna snowball (no pun intended) so quickly. I would feel bad for Scott but $30 mil solves a lot of problems.

Good luck guys.

Not much to do on the CFU board it appears. Wonder why...

Good luck guys.
Oh noes...whatever will we do...

Good luck guys.

The only clown here is the person who thinks UCF will ever get into a P5 conference.

Lot of you were saying have to write off the first recruiting class it was going to be a disaster not enough time,I think it's pretty decent for the little time coach frost has had. What get me is some of the past commits I felt strung the coaches along, had they decommited coach frost and his staff wouldn't have wasted precious time on them

Reactions: davecisar
The only clown here is the person who thinks UCF will ever get into a P5 conference.

You're joking right? Huepel is married to Big 12 President Boren's daughter. UCF has the #1 student enrollment in America. Orlando is America's #1 fastest growing city. Orlando is the largest market in the US to not have an NFL football team.

Oh yeah, our facilities are better than UF and FSU and Miami.

Only a matter of time bud.

I think we see now the posters on here that are just going to be negative no matter what. Doesn't matter who is coaching--they are going to always look at things the most negative way possible. .

This isn't true for everyone. Myself I was always negative about MR because I foresaw the train wreck coming 3 years ago. And yet I'm totally positive for this one. Negativity to all coaches is not a given.

You're joking right? Huepel is married to Big 12 President Boren's daughter. UCF has the #1 student enrollment in America. Orlando is America's #1 fastest growing city. Orlando is the largest market in the US to not have an NFL football team.

Orlando is not the fastest growing city in America, nor is it the fastest growing metropolitan area. It may be the largest market in the US without an NFL team-depending on how you measure things. If you're measuring by media markets, yes, but not if you're measuring by metropolitan areas.

You can run along now. Go back to your board where they are trying to ban all the Nebraska people. You are probably one of the ones bitching that Nebraska fans were on your board. And yet you still come over here. For what its worth.........your facilities might be better than the rest of your dreaded states facilities. You could take the best of each of them and they wouldn't match ours.

Reactions: RedMyMind
When you spend half your week last week coaching your former team instead of making up ground on the recruiting trail these things tend to happen unfortunately. I though frost and co would overcome that decision with a really good showing today. Still have time to change the narrative but so far thud is right.
IF we were preparing for a bowl game, which is what we expect and other programs doing as well, wouldn't our time available to recruiting be the same??

Reactions: Crushinator

Ive browsed your board. Never posted in spite of the over the top garbage your posters spout about my state, my school, and now our new football coach.

In the words of your posters over there, “why are you here. Mods please ban” .

Kidding about the ban thing, but thats the usual response on your snowflake board. You’ll find we have bit thicker skin around here. I may not agree with everyone on this board but I would take any of them over the delusional headcases on the GOLDEN Knight board.

You can run along now. Go back to your board where they are trying to ban all the Nebraska people. You are probably one of the ones bitching that Nebraska fans were on your board. And yet you still come over here. For what its worth.........your facilities might be better than the rest of your dreaded states facilities. You could take the best of each of them and they wouldn't match ours.

You guys need it. (4-8) and snow is nearly impossible to recruit to.

I never complained. I'm just trolling.

Enjoy your upcoming (6-6) season.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. The Big 12 already rejected you last year. Nobody in Orlando cares about UCF athletics. You can't fill your high school stadium without Scott Frost. The market is already owned by UF, FSU, and Miami.

Boren will likely be dead by the time the Big 12's TV contract ends. Heck, the Big 12 will probably be dead by then.

Reactions: gw2kpro
Look, having a 4-8 season is going to hurt your program...there is no other way around it. Firing a coach during the first season of early signing is going to hurt more. And having a program in siberia where weed is illegal, and a program that is trying to do things "the right way" , is going to make it even more difficult to get splash commits. Michigan had 14 commits in Harbaughs first year, and he was hot stuff...but they have had good classes since. Our program has hit rock bottom...a complete reset. There is a reason that Scotties contract is 7 years.
I have to give you an "A" for attempting to bring legalizing marijuana into as many threads as possible. However, the possibility of yet another football thread getting hijacked has me thinking "F".

Reactions: chrsmneric
You guys that are panicking just need to breathe. Coach Frost is sneaky good with the recruiting. He was great here at UCF and he'll do just fine there in Lincoln. Good luck next year. Oh, btw, I'm a native Okie and OU alum. Really looking forward to our upcoming series with you guys.

Oh and btw. We have a couple of long time Husker fans on our boards, and they are well respected. Mutual respect goes a long ways. (talking to the trolling UCF guy)

\cheers

Last edited:

Good luck guys.
Proof that our fanbase doesn't have the market cornered on retards

UCF has won their conference in 3 of the past 5 years including TWO BCS bowls in the past 4 years. I'm pretty sure we are trending like TCU and about to add a LOT of value to a major conference. We are not Minnesota (who by the way had a better day than Frosty and NU).
Funny think about Minnesota is that they are full and average 3.06 or something, while Nebraska still has room to sign 11 more.

Minnesota had a great day today, absolutely! But the first Wednesday in February will tell the real story of where it all shakes out.

Nice try though. Or should I say nice troll.

Proof that our fanbase doesn't have the market cornered on retards

We all got them. For those folks getting antsy just remember that what Frost did at UCF (taking us from 0-12 to 12-0) in two years has never been done before and it's going to be tough for anyone to repeat that. Better days are ahead for Nebraska but give Frost and staff some time. Frost got his QB and a few good athletes and he'll pull in more in February.

Honestly, year one with Frost's new offense is going to cause some ups and downs even if you all had the best early signing day ever. Y'all are headed in the right direction.

As a UCF fan I can not understand why some fans of UCF and the other way around NU fans come on other boards and troll. It serves nobody on either side.

With that being said I think it is a tad early to be critical of Frost. I mean the guy flew all the way from FL to CA to meet with your new QB. Clearly closed the deal and flew back overnight to be at UCF practice by 9am EST. That is dedication and anyone being critical of thes class knowing he is doing things like that needs to check their heads.

Frost along with his awesome staff showed an uncanny ability to recruit the right players for his system and it paid off with instant results in year 1.

You will be fine. I would not be shocked if he can manage to get some key skill players in the right spots that you win 8 games next year at least. Compete for West division by year 2 hands down. That staff is that good and changing the culture to a winning one.

This is my first post on any other team's board in years but I feel the need to apologize for any dumb UCF fans coming here to troll as opposed to having a good conversation about the topic at hand.

Good luck with Frost I truly mean that. Don't get to excited about his pressers though. They may put you to sleep. LOL!

We all got them. For those folks getting antsy just remember that what Frost did at UCF (taking us from 0-12 to 12-0) in two years has never been done before and it's going to be tough for anyone to repeat that. Better days are ahead for Nebraska but give Frost and staff some time. Frost got his QB and a few good athletes and he'll pull in more in February.

Honestly, year one with Frost's new offense is going to cause some ups and downs even if you all had the best early signing day ever. Y'all are headed in the right direction.

Thanks and best of luck to you guys. Nobody thinks SF is taking us to an undefeated season in a couple years. But he will improve things here.

Sorry that we have some grade A assholes on your board. As you can see, some of yours are up here as well.

Reactions: timnsun
As a UCF fan I can not understand why some fans of UCF and the other way around NU fans come on other boards and troll. It serves nobody on either side.

With that being said I think it is a tad early to be critical of Frost. I mean the guy flew all the way from FL to CA to meet with your new QB. Clearly closed the deal and flew back overnight to be at UCF practice by 9am EST. That is dedication and anyone being critical of thes class knowing he is doing things like that needs to check their heads.

Frost along with his awesome staff showed an uncanny ability to recruit the right players for his system and it paid off with instant results in year 1.

You will be fine. I would not be shocked if he can manage to get some key skill players in the right spots that you win 8 games next year at least. Compete for West division by year 2 hands down. That staff is that good and changing the culture to a winning one.

This is my first post on any other team's board in years but I feel the need to apologize for any dumb UCF fans coming here to troll as opposed to having a good conversation about the topic at hand.

Good luck with Frost I truly mean that. Don't get to excited about his pressers though. They may put you to sleep. LOL!

The guys up here bitching about the class are the same ones that never post anything positive about anything. Best of luck to you guys.

They're really coming out of the woodwork --

For anyone that doesn't know, there are about 2 months left in the recruiting cycle.
Does anyone think there will be any big time recruits left after today? Especially ones that we would have a chance at? Just guessing, but I think many of the top guys are going to sign today.

Yes, you got 1. Congrats. You need about 8-10 more of those to compete with Michigan, PSU, and OSU.
Just proving a point... 4-8 AND snow are not impossible to recruit to.

And don’t worry, soon enough we will be better positioned to take on the big dogs in the B1G.

Does anyone think there will be any big time recruits left after today? Especially ones that we would have a chance at? Just guessing, but I think many of the top guys are going to sign today.
Does anyone believe this year was gonna be a top 10 class? Frost will get his players. But it won’t be filled with a bunch of 4 and 5 star players. He will find talent though.

Just my 2 cents, but I think it's the opposite. The guys who need to lock up their spot to make sure they get a spot are committing today, or kids who just want the recruiting to be over. The top level kids have choices and can afford to wait. CSF will pull in some good guys for you. Believe that.

Thanks and best of luck to you guys. Nobody thinks SF is taking us to an undefeated season in a couple years. But he will improve things here.

Sorry that we have some grade A assholes on your board. As you can see, some of yours are up here as well.

We've got a public board and a pay board -- I don't really spend too much time on the public one but I'm guessing that's where the "best" of both of our fanbases showed their true colors.

I went to high school with Tommy Frazier so have always casually paid attention to Nebraska football. I hear he went on to become a decent player for you all.

Btw - Just to clear something up. The whole non-sense about "no one goes to UCF games" is just stupid. We don't pull Nebraska size crowds but if you look at the atmosphere in our last two games it's great. We only started playing D1 football about 20ish years ago and we've been pretty successful. I hope some day we make it into a P5 conference and get to the levels of fan support Nebraska has.

I'll be watching to see how your offense progresses. If you haven't already done it, go look for the videos from FishDuck on the basics of the Oregon offense. Frost has evolved it a bit, but it's a good primer on what to expect. Just a fair warning though -- when the offense works it's awesome. But early on there's going to be more mistakes and when it breaks down it looks ugly. Give Frost 2-3 years to get everyone up to speed on the system and get the right athletes in.

Wrong. I said (4-8) AND snow is impossible to recruit to.
Penn St went 5-7, 5-6, 3-9, 4-7 in the early part of 2000s. Are currently ranked 4th in the country in recruiting. It snows their FYI.
Just because a program has down years and it snows. lol Doesn't mean they can never recruit again, or be successful. Your attempt at an valid argument is showing how ignorant you are. Nobody is saying Nebraska will be a top recruiting school or a top 10 program in 2 years. It will happen, and history of other blue blood programs, in similar situation have shown it does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT