ADVERTISEMENT

Was Saturday night the loudest Memorial Stadium...

Loudest one time burst. Alex Henrey 50+ yarder against CU.

Loudest sustained was the Miami game a few years back. Place was electric all night, pent up frustration and finally getting the canes at home.

I heard CU 92 was off the charts also, but I was not there
I highly recommend watching it to get yourself in the mood for Saturday...

Also, this article on the "Halloween Massacre" mentions CU and Texas to the Pac-10.

Was at both the Miami game a few years ago and the Colorado game in 1992. Both were loud but the Colorado game in 1992 was the most sustained noise for three and a half quarters that any game since 1984 there was . I have missed exactly five games since then. None of which compared I am sure.

I wasn’t there, but based on what I heard coming through the TV I would say no. There have been times that I couldn’t hear the commentators over the crowd noise. They did have to speak up and talk over the crowd noise, but I could hear what they were saying.

Not really a scientific test considering technology is built to be able to hear announcers and not background noise...I imagine this has gotten better over time. I can tell you from 100 games that the tunnel walk is loud but people CAN get way louder when something surprising happens...if Martinez would have run for a touchdown on the first play, they would have been louder. Not sure how loud the hail mary was because the crowd was probably thinned a bit but something like that would bring the noise.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
06 Texas was nuts but it was cold and snowing and people had gloves on, I felt the noise was muffled but the crowd was crazy. Makes me realize that certain conditions will make it loud...night game, warm, crowd is angry, or we are ranked high, and we hate the other team, or they are ranked high.

Makes me realize that certain conditions will make it loud...night game, warm, crowd is angry, or we are ranked high, and we hate the other team, or they are ranked high.
Weather was good enough. :Cool:

Edit: I will maintain that this was a perfect storm game for NU: Hadn't beaten Colorado in 4 years, true freshman at QB, it was Colorado, rainy but not too cold, teams tied at #8 in the polls, it was Colorado, party atmosphere on Halloween, it was Colorado, fumblerooskie, it was Colorado.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT