ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas O/U for NU at 6

Kinda like the Over there. Not that NU is going to win 10, but I think they can win 7.

Like I've been saying, Iowa and Nebraska are on the outside looking in at the West to start the season. Iowa is O/U 6.5 games.

If someone was to throw $100 at that bet and win, what is the payout?

I'd like to know as well.

Most of us here have high expectations and the projections are so bad that it makes your ask yourself what you are missing and whether you had too much red juice.

I am not a gambler/betting man. Never have been... but man, I would throw down some big money on the over.

I'd like to know as well.

Most of us here have high expectations and the projections are so bad that it makes your ask yourself what you are missing and whether you had too much red juice.

I am not a gambler/betting man. Never have been... but man, I would throw down some big money on the over.

I think it's a lock but red juice usually prevails on this site.

I just read ESPN early "SR" and underclassmen NFL prospects ......we actually made it with a player. The last spot with Keron Williams. As for underclassmen we kept up with our reputation as "kicker U" with Josh B coming 4th.

Being reported by cornnation. Going to be an interesting season.
I think that's a bad line. If I was in Vegas, I would bet NU over six big. Seems like the worst you could do is a push. Much better chance of NU winning seven or eight than only winning five.

But if NU did win only six games, I wonder if that would create enough of a fire storm to lead to the firing of Riley, Dante Williams, Keith Williams, and staff? The schedule in 2018 will only get tougher.

I think the team could actually be better next year and even better in 2018, but not have in show up in won-loss record.

9 wins: "We're on our way"
8 wins: "Bring back bo"
7 wins: "fire a couple assistants"
6 wins: "Eichorst needs to tell us everything is okay."
5 wins: Diaco is in.

Reactions: jeans15
I think that's a bad line. If I was in Vegas, I would bet NU over six big. Seems like the worst you could do is a push. Much better chance of NU winning seven or eight than only winning five.

But if NU did win only six games, I wonder if that would create enough of a fire storm to lead to the firing of Riley, Dante Williams, Keith Williams, and staff? The schedule in 2018 will only get tougher.

I think the team could actually be better next year and even better in 2018, but not have in show up in won-loss record.

Maybe Vegas expects everyone to bet the over, and they're going to win big when it doesn't happen.

My guess would be that Vegas sees a new QB and new defensive scheme. Each of those alone is typically worth 2-3 losses. A dispassionate view of our talent (think last year's bowl game, or Iowa) puts us as an average Big Ten team.

I could see this if it was Riley's first year in Lincoln but with a QB that fits his system Vegas has to be thinking the Defense isn't going to be very good this year to put the O/U at 6.

Last edited:
Ok. I am not a big better. You are saying is if you think 7 or 5 wins, you make 10% roi if you are right side of the middle which is 6.
No, you pay 110 for a chance to win a hundred. They keep the 10 no matter what; they can balance the money or lay off risk - the 10 is where they make their money. Like a toll bridge.

No, you pay 110 for a chance to win a hundred. They keep the 10 no matter what; they can balance the money or lay off risk - the 10 is where they make their money.
Like a toll bridge.

So you actually only win 90.:rolleyes:

125 to win 100...its at -125 for the over -105 for the under....7.5 in my opinion would be a much more accurate line

Ohio St is set at 10.5 -200

Reactions: Cloud@Heart
I think it's worth a sizable wager. My as* puckers on a $50 bet but I would be willing to put $500 on the over.

Ironically, I think the wildcard this year is defense even though we have a new qb.

The way Vegas works is they want 50% to bet on over and 50% to bet on the under. I can only imagine right now people are betting heavy on the over so expect the line to bump up to 6.5 to 7 wins. I'll be in Vegas next week and if it's still 6 I'll be putting money on the huskers for over.

Still I bet seeing only 7 wins will make some busker fans uncomfortable. Although with that tough of a schedule it seems pretty plausible.

This is the worst season total line I've ever seen. I'm looking for a bookie that will take a 1k bet on this. We have 4 wins locked in by just stepping off the bus; Ark St, NIU, Rutgers, and Illinois. Minny will not be good, Purdue either. So that should be 6 right there. We'll be favored by at least 6 vs NW @home, we'll be favored vs Iowa, possibly Wisky too. Vegas set this line because we lost a career passer in Tommy and lost our D coordinator and both of those are addition by subtraction. I will never post on this board ever again if Nebraska doesn't hit this over. Archive this!

No, you pay 110 for a chance to win a hundred. They keep the 10 no matter what; they can balance the money or lay off risk - the 10 is where they make their money. Like a toll bridge.
So I am guaranteeing a $10 loss if I say we win more than 6 games.

If our Oline improves and/or stays healthy, the over is a no-brainer. Vegas doesn't hit on every line.

I could see this if it was Riley's first year in Lincoln but with a QB that fits his system Vegas has to be thinking the Defense isn't going to be very good this year to put the O/U at 6.

First year for Riley O/U was 8, and they lost to Purdue, Illinois, and had home losses to BYU and Northwestern.

Perhaps Vegas is playing it safe.

Look at losses:

Career statistic holder at QB breaking in a guy who barely completed over 50% at Tulane.

2 year starter a RB in Newby

Top 2 WR targets and general go-to guy in Westy

Top TE in Carter

Best defensive player in Gerry

New system being applied on D

We do have a solid FG kicker but a shaky punter.

Probably guaranteed 2 losses in Ohio State and Penn State. Probably underdog against Oregon and Wisconsin and Iowa. The margin for error is razor thin and God forbid if the team loses to a respectable Ark State, all hell could break loose.

Gamblers are almost as blindly dumb as the religious. Believing in someone setting a standard for an unattainable end that never comes true.

As I pointed out yesterday in another thread-they missed big time(by more than 2 wins) on 5 teams in the B1G last year, and missed in slightly smaller numbers on 4 others. That's a lot of teams they missed on last year. So don't anybody talk about how accurate they usually are.

4 swing games that could make or break the season in my opinion are @ Oregon home against Wisconsin home against Northwestern and home against Iowa.

Obvious the Penn St and Ohio State games would be icing on the cake but more likely losses.

Vegas is betting we lose these 6. I don't believe we will.

Reactions: sandiegohawk
Look at losses:

Career statistic holder at QB breaking in a guy who barely completed over 50% at Tulane.

2 year starter a RB in Newby

Top 2 WR targets and general go-to guy in Westy

Top TE in Carter

Best defensive player in Gerry

New system being applied on D

We do have a solid FG kicker but a shaky punter.

Probably guaranteed 2 losses in Ohio State and Penn State. Probably underdog against Oregon and Wisconsin and Iowa. The margin for error is razor thin and God forbid if the team loses to a respectable Ark State, all hell could break loose.
Says the person who wants to look at things as negatively as possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT