ADVERTISEMENT

UCF offer to Frost

Yes after 8 seasons. You are making my point on why Frost should be patient

Petersen left when a dream job of his opened up (he didn't want to leave the Northwest). If Nebraska is still Frost's dream job, like he said it was 5 years ago, then nothing you can offer him will matter. If he has a different dream job now, then yes he'll probably wait for that job to come open. But he turned down Oregon last year, so who knows at this point.

They won a 2014 BCS game but can’t compete for a NC? But we can because we could 17 years ago?

While UCF hasn’t been around for 100+ years, it is already one of the largest universities in the country and seem like a good bet to be invited to the ACC or SEC at some point in the near future. As for their fan base, as a young university that will take time. But all of these posts bashing UCF smell of desperation.

Hopefully Frost’s NU and Nebraska roots are the major deciding factors because the UCF bashing makes no sense.

Strikes me more an inferiority complex by UCF fans. I am sure it is a great school. I am not going to bash the school as I live in the Northwest and no nothing about it. I just wouldn't count on an ACC or SEC invite. Look how hard BYU has been trying to get into a P5 conference to no avail. Trust me the LDS church has lots of power. I bet the ACC regrets adding Louisville. I write about this all the time. Florida with all it's population yet UCF doesn't even fill a rather small capacity stadium, 55000. Why?

I'd agree with that, but who truly holds the power in the UF athletic department?
factions of boosters, Steve Spurrier, etc

I think Spurrier's presence might be hurting them. These Coaches all have Egos and they don't want the Ole Ball Coach down the hall

So you’re one of the hottest coaching targets in the country, several big jobs become available and he should be patient? He may not get another chance like this..

Makes sense to be patient though..
I agree with you Frost needs to leave now since a lot of high profile jobs are open thus driving up the price for what schools must pay in order to get their new coach. Even if his only desire would be to go to Nebraska, the fact that Tenn. UCLA, Florida are open gives him leverage that he would not have if those three schools were not looking for a head coach.

Yes after 8 seasons. You are making my point on why Frost should be patient

No, he's not.

CP had a sick son that all but forced him to remain in Boise for medical purposes and there wasn't a college playoff. His son's health got remarkably better, started high school, in pops the playoff and CP didn't hesitate to leave for Washington.

Petersen left when a dream job of his opened up (he didn't want to leave the Northwest). If Nebraska is still Frost's dream job, like he said it was 5 years ago, then nothing you can offer him will matter. If he has a different dream job now, then yes he'll probably wait for that job to come open. But he turned down Oregon last year, so who knows at this point.
I thought Petersen left when he threw his name into the hat for the USC job and didnt get it then UW came open. His son is now older that is one of the main reasons he stayed in Boise

No, he's not.

CP had a sick son that all but forced him to remain in Boise for medical purposes and there wasn't a college playoff. His son's health got remarkably better, started high school, in pops the playoff and CP didn't hesitate to leave for Washington.
oops sorry did not see your post before I replied to him you are 100% correct on this

I thought Petersen left when he threw his name into the hat for the USC job and didnt get it then UW came open. His son is now older that is one of the main reasons he stayed in Boise

He interviewed at USC and realized it wasn't a good fit, so he withdrew from consideration. Took the Washington job shortly after.

these P5 jobs are opening every 3 years, fanbases and administrations have no patience anymore. He will always have options and the chances of 'his stock' dropping if very low with the advantages he has at UCF relative to the rest of the conference.

Do you turn down promotions?

Reactions: yunginsNU2
If UFC can afford 4 or 5 million a year what could a school like Nebraska afford with 50 million in TV revenue and 90000 fans per game?

Lol, you are incredibly naïve.

1. UCF is a large commuter with ZERO chance of ever earning an invite into the ACC or SEC.
2. Miami,Florida, and Florida State aren't allowing another Florida school into their Power 5 Party.
3. They average roughly 30,000 per home game and barely dent their local TV ratings. They have zero cache for those leagues. Florida State and Florida already own the Orlando TV market.
4. UCF is a large University because their demographics rival The University of Phoenix with mass amounts of online, adult learners, and a Military/ Veteran student online platform using TA/ VA benefits. Their Alums quite frankly, don't give a shit.
But would the Big 12 take them IF they keep winning like this? Lots of eyeballs in Florida.

But would the Big 12 take them IF they keep winning like this? Lots of eyeballs in Florida.
I think the big12 would be their only possibility. Cable tv money is going to put the screws to ESPN and other outlets in the future. We are at a point I believe in 5 -10 years where you will not see every school on tv anymore. I watched UCF and some other team last week and the stadium was about empty, the game is a blow out yet it's on tv , that will not happen in future years.

Teams with large fan bases will be in demand teams without will wither away

Good for Danny White. Wonder why Frost hasn't also reaffirmed his long-term commitment to UCF?
giphy.gif

What's the Taggart to UF connection? He's not exactly lighting it up in his first year at Oregon...why would UF want him?
I heard he wasn't happy in Oregon, and his mother is ill in Florida. Also has quite a few coaching connections in Fla.

ADVERTISEMENT