ADVERTISEMENT

UCF offer to Frost

Weak.

We go through coaches less often than UCF.

I know that probably feels like the truth but you are getting your 5th head coach since 1998. UCF has had 3. 1 was fired, 1 retired and the other will get a higher paying job at some point. 4 of your coaches were fired.

images

While UCF hasn’t been around for 100+ years, it is already one of the largest universities in the country and seem like a good bet to be invited to the ACC or SEC at some point in the near future. ..

UCF isn't getting into the SEC because the Gators, just down the street, will block that move. Highly unrealistic. The ACC isn't expanding until ND joins as a full member, which is to say never.

Most realistic option for UCF is the Big 12. If the Big 12 was smart they would've grabbed both UCF and USF, gaining real traction in Florida. That assumes, however, the B12 leadership is smart. I don't have to educate this fan base on that.

Reactions: SOHusker11
I know that probably feels like the truth but you are getting your 5th head coach since 1998. UCF has had 3. 1 was fired, 1 retired and the other will get a higher paying job at some point. 4 of your coaches were fired.

images

You are wrong.

UCF started football in 1979.

Since then, not counting interim coaches, you have had 7 head coaches.

In that same time frame, not counting interims, Nebraska has had 5.

Frost, better than anyone, knows this. If he’s looking to go somewhere he’s likely to put down roots and be for awhile, Nebraska offers him a better chance.

Fact of the matter is that Frost is about as hot this year as he will ever be. He may not go to Nebraska, but he's unlikely to stay at UCF.

You are wrong.

Frost, better than anyone, knows this. If he’s looking to go somewhere he’s likely to put down roots and be for awhile, Nebraska offers him a better chance.
You guys weren't disfunctional coach killers in 1979. Some time between 1998 and today the switch happened. Can you pull out of the death spiral??? Time will tell.

You guys weren't disfunctional coach killers in 1979. Some time between 1998 and today the switch happened. Can you pull out of the death spiral??? Time will tell.
So this is what we have come to ... getting smack from some fan of a minor league school. Get your jollies in now and please remember to stop back after a couple of years to speak with a real fan base with a program led by a coach you guys were involved with grooming for us. In fact as much as post, there is always room on the Husker wagon for new fans you may want to consider a switch now. In the future we will not be playing for a war on I-4,Frost and his boys will be playing for the Big10 title

Nope. Pretty much the same people. We support our program by filling the stands and making sure that our stadium isn’t getting ready to be condemned. Real wild stuff.

Looking for a coach that can compete in this conference and not wear an ass for a hat full time.

So this is what we have come to ... getting smack from some fan of a minor league school. Get your jollies in now and please remember to stop back after a couple of years to speak with a real fan base with a program led by a coach you guys were involved with grooming for us. In fact as much as post, there is always room on the Husker wagon for new fans you may want to consider a switch now. In the future we will not be playing for a war on I-4,Frost and his boys will be playing for the Big10 title
Yes, because your self worth and value comes from what team you support. :rolleyes:

Yes, because your self worth and value comes from what team you support. :rolleyes:
No because you will have a team that competes for meaningful titles and not made up ones like UCF
Its ok Bizzle, I know you want to be one of us, you seem like a nice enough person and certainly seem to want to be passionate about a football team. Come on aboard its ok, the alternative is 0-12 after Frost leaves

Reactions: HuskerDana

How often does a "minor league school" beat the crap out of a "major league school"??? If we faced you guys, Vegas would have us 15 point favorites.

Someday, you will come to the realization that time has passed you guys by. The funny part is, I bet if you surveyed a nationwide audience, over 50% would mistakenly think you were in the B12 conference. haha

How often does a "minor league school" beat the crap out of a "major league school"??? If we faced you guys, Vegas would have us 15 point favorites.

Someday, you will come to the realization that time has passed you guys by. The funny part is, I bet if you surveyed a nationwide audience, over 50% would mistakenly think you were in the B12 conference. haha

Funny part is, that nationwide audience probably couldn't name what conference UCF is in or what their mascot is.

You are wrong.

Since 1985 we have had 4 coaches, we were not Division 1 until 1996. I have nothing against you guys just wanted to get that out there. Hopefully you guys can find what you need, just not Frost.

Reactions: timnsun

If if if, does not change the fact you are a minor league school and we are number four in all time college football wins. Ya ya I know we have sucked recently but just so you know Einstein college football did not start in 2010

If if if, does not change the fact you are a minor league school and we are number four in all time college football wins. Ya ya I know we have sucked recently but just so you know Einstein college football did not start in 2010
Do something this century, you have an awesome history and should be proud of it. You don't have to be elitist and belittle other programs. The Detroit was once a great city, now look at it. You have some of your fans coming over to our board and being douches.

Since 1985 we have had 4 coaches, we were not Division 1 until 1996. I have nothing against you guys just wanted to get that out there. Hopefully you guys can find what you need, just not Frost.
It's too late for that you asshats are over here talking all big and bad about a top 4 all time win program. In return we will take Frost and laugh at you while doing it. After all he is really not yours to begin with he is a Husker, hope you enjoyed how a Husker coaches while you had him

Reactions: SOHusker11
It's too late for that you asshats are over here talking all big and bad about a top 4 all time win program. In return we will take Frost and laugh at you while doing it. After all he is really not yours to begin with he is a Husker, hope you enjoyed how a Husker coaches while you had him
Dude some of your Nebraska trolls came to our board first and basically kept going on about stealing Frost. Like we didn't know he may leave at some point. Laugh all you want, we will be fine.

Do something this century, you have an awesome history and should be proud of it. You don't have to be elitist and belittle other programs. The Detroit was once a great city, now look at it. You have some of your fans coming over to our board and being douches.
This century ok how about

• Played for a national title
  • Had a heisman finalist
  • Also had a heisman winner
  • Four division crowns, yes we lost all the title games
  • 5 ten win seasons
  • Numerous 9 win season
  • Normally ranked (not going to add them up)
If you were an OU or Ohio state fan, maybe even Wisconsin then I could understand the smack talk. However you are UCF if you guys could even sniff what we have done since 2000 you would be estatic, However at NU we look at this as our dark ages, soon to be changing

As far as NU fans on your board there are always some idiots in a fan base we also have idiots from other fans bases going over to other boards pretending to be NU fans

Dude some of your Nebraska trolls came to our board first and basically kept going on about stealing Frost. Like we didn't know he may leave at some point. Laugh all you want, we will be fine.
And how are the idiots over there being treated? If you guys want to talk football and not talk smack you will find many on here that would welcome you, me included

Last edited:
Scott loves UCF...but won't stay there....there is simply no 'up' side. The game is rigged for only Power 5 schools..... if you don't belong your don't have a chance of getting to the NCG. You want raw ugly truth...just look at Wisconsin PERFECT record.... and they can't (maybe) get in.... what chance does a non-power 5 school have.

Scott wants to be on the 'big stage'....and will be. I think all real college football fans understand how the game is currently played and will begrudge Frost nothing for taking his shot.... its been very well earned.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Scott loves UCF...but won't stay there....there is simply no 'up' side. The game is rigged for only Power 5 schools..... if you don't belong your don't have a chance of getting to the NCG. You want raw ugly truth...just look at Wisconsin PERFECT record.... and they can't (maybe) get in.... what chance does a non-power 5 school have.

Scott wants to be on the 'big stage'....and will be. I think all real college football fans understand how the game is currently played and will begrudge Frost nothing for taking his shot.... its been very well earned.
I understand the feeling behind the rigged comment but think of it this way. There is no system without the Alabama's, Notre Dame's, Michigan, Ohio state,Nebraska, Texas and even Minnesota and other schools who actually built CFB. Without them there would be no TV money and you would not have been able to watch USF vs UCF on ABC if at all.

I realize smaller teams want a seat at the table, this table was however built by the CFB bluebloods and everything on it was furnished by them. So when UCF says the system is rigged I say you are damn lucky it is or you may not have a football program

I would never belittle your history .... you were once a great team and I enjoyed the Tommy Frazier championship team (with the exception of you guys selling out by playing that super criminal Lawrence Phillips)

But for us, football actually did start in 1996.

....and in a week you will come to the realization that UFC was nothing but a stepping stone job for the new HC at NU.

I would never belittle your history .... you were once a great team and I enjoyed the Tommy Frazier championship team (with the exception of you guys selling out by playing that super criminal Lawrence Phillips)

But for us, football actually did start in 1996.
you guys come over like you are some great football power - While I like your team and think Frost has done a job, the only P5 team you played this year was Maryland ( not exactly a juggernaut) you may in fact beat us this year as this is the worst season we have had in 60 years and your best season ever but that really does not say much.

You have played and beat who is on your schedule but the reality is it was a weak schedule. Would you have been undefeated in a Big10 schedule? not likely

I understand the feeling behind the rigged comment but think of it this way. There is no system without the Alabama's, Notre Dame's, Michigan, Ohio state,Nebraska, Texas and even Minnesota and other schools who actually built CFB. Without them there would be no TV money and you would not have been able to watch USF vs UCF on ABC if at all.

I realize smaller teams want a seat at the table, this table was however built by the CFB bluebloods and everything on it was furnished by them. So when UCF says the system is rigged I say you are damn lucky it is or you may not have a football program

Given.... yet the non power five schools (and even a non sexy Wisconson) who EARN a seat by playing outstanding football are STILL denied a place. Understanding why...and considering themselves "damn lucky' sounds like a plantation owner talking to slaves.....:(

Given.... yet the non power five schools (and even a non sexy Wisconson) who EARN a seat by playing outstanding football are STILL denied a place. Understanding why...and considering themselves "damn lucky' sounds like a plantation owner talking to slaves.....:(
Be careful what you wish for. If in fact the system does not favor those who financially make it viable then these schools,will do their own thing and everyone else is shut out. I think it should be fair as much as it can but just because UCF beats Maryland and USF does not earn them a place at the table

These idiots need to shut up and realize they were 0-12 two years ago. It took a Nebraska boy to bring them into prominence. Nebraska has never gone OH'fer! After Frost leaves, I predict they will be a 5-6 win team in two years. Get back in line little puppies.

UCF is not going down without a fight. I'm not sure how they can afford this in the long run, since their athletic department doesn't make a profit.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
UCF is not going down without a fight. I'm not sure how they can afford this in the long run, since their athletic department doesn't make a profit.

they are counting on getting into a P5 conference. That won't happen. The more they win the more they piss off the P5 decision makers. If they win up to 9 games per year the P5 decision makers will say they aren't competitive enough. Its an elite club and some people just aren't invited.

It doesn't matter cause Frost is coming home in less than 10 days.

the 5 million number in Year 4 is shocking to be honest

like I posted in this thread last week I think UCF found a whale

$5 Million for a non-P5 coach would be insane. That would be Top 10 in the entire nation. You're going to have every P5 coach in the country asking for a 200% raise.

I mean, I like Scott Frost and all, but UCF is acting like he's the only coach that could succeed there? You went 12-1 a few years ago. With the recruiting advantages you have there, plenty of other coaches should be able to win your conference.

$5 Million for a non-P5 coach would be insane. That would be Top 10 in the entire nation. You're going to have every P5 coach in the country asking for a 200% raise.

I mean, I like Scott Frost and all, but UCF is acting like he's the only coach that could succeed there? You went 12-1 a few years ago. With the recruiting advantages you have there, plenty of other coaches should be able to win your conference.
it does not say 5 million a year guaranteed it says up to 5 million in 2-3 years not sure what the conditions would be to earn 5 million. To coorelate that to NU how much could he make with us under a stipulation of winning the big10 or being in the playoffs more than 5 million I would say

These idiots need to shut up and realize they were 0-12 two years ago. It took a Nebraska boy to bring them into prominence. Nebraska has never gone OH'fer! After Frost leaves, I predict they will be a 5-6 win team in two years. Get back in line little puppies.

I guess you missed the Fiesta Bowl they won after the 2013 season.

It's GTFOOH money. I don't think you realize how valuable this media attention is. UF (and possibly FSU) replace coach(es). The UCF AD is going to be able to raise so much money if he can keep Frost. The fact that Frost turned down UF is worth money itself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT