ADVERTISEMENT

UCF making a push to keep Frost away from P5 schools

In the future, keep this shit on other teams forums.

Listen Dubs. And I'll explain it once since this trickled over. 13 days ago I fractured my tibia. Went off like a shotgun. Thought it was my ACL and found out today from the MRI I broke my leg. I've been off work since last Thursday. I'm bored. UCF fans on Soundoff have been talking a lot of crap and one poster in general was creating multiple handles. So I went to their board just to see how many were him and how many were legit. I read a thread and answered about 3 questions in a polite fashion and posters started dogging Nebraska. After a day of it I left. Been back once since. So sorry they came over here but I can't control stupidity from other fanbases.

If that's what Scott wants, he can have them.

You clearly have not read this thread or the one titled something like 'I don't think Frost is the right option'. It is all over this board. Your fanbase is some of the most entitled people I've had football conversations with, and I'm in SEC country.

You are making crap up in order to argue against it. Contrary to your claim, nobody is posting that Nebraska can get anyone they want at any time unless some idiot made that claim on your board.

I don’t doubt that someone believes that Nebraska can just snap its fingers and Frost will come running but 1). That’s not true, Frost is his own man, building his own career, and will undoubtedly do what’s best for himself and his family and 2) the general sentiment posted up here does not reflect that whatsoever.

Please either link to where someone made the claim that Nebraska can get who they want, when they want, or STFU about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerDana
You are making crap up in order to argue against it. Contrary to your claim, nobody is posting that Nebraska can get anyone they want at any time unless some idiot made that claim on your board.

I don’t doubt that someone believes that Nebraska can just snap its fingers and Frost will come running but 1). That’s not true, Frost is his own man, building his own career, and will undoubtedly do what’s best for himself and his family and 2) the general sentiment posted up here does not reflect that whatsoever.

Please either link to where someone made the claim that Nebraska can get who they want, when they want, or STFU about it.
2-3 posters have said that including Bruce 1991. The last poster apologized nicely for all the trolling and was very cool.

Fair enough. You don’t have to look very hard up here to tell that there are complete tools in every fan base, including yours and ours.

I doubt they represent more than a small % though.
Ok cool. Doesn't look like Frost will be leaving in 2018. Wife is due to have a baby in November and it's a huge commitment to move 1-3 months later. The timing isn't right. That's why they have an Excellence fund. To bump him up and mostly the assistants, so they don't leave

Really?? Could of fooled us. You brought nothing but trouble and arrogance. Don't lie

Bullshit. When I first got called out for trolling one of yours even said I was nice. When you and a few others started talking shit that's when I escalated.

I never said we could have whoever. I said if we wanted Frost he was ours though.

Bullshit. When I first got called out for trolling one of yours even said I was nice. When you and a few others started talking shit that's when I escalated.

I never said we could have whoever. I said if we wanted Frost he was ours though.
You did not come in piece. Why do you think there are all these board crossovers now? It's gotten way out of control

Look into this more and start thinking 2019.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs

Sorry dude, but many of your posts were trolling. You have a team that is excited about what they have going....and even though it is probably true that (if offered), SF could be the next HC at NU...you rubbed it in their face. If that happened the other way around on our board, I'd be pissed too.

Sorry dude, but many of your posts were trolling. You have a team that is excited about what they have going....and even though it is probably true that (if offered), SF could be the next HC at NU...you rubbed it in their face. If that happened the other way around on our board, I'd be pissed too.
I've never in my life posted on another board until Bruce 1991 invaded ours

I've never in my life posted on another board until Bruce 1991 invaded ours
By god Nebraska just took a coach from Oregon State - a program he gave 11 years of his life to, built up, made a name for and now they're claiming buyers remorse. :rolleyes:

Listen Dubs. And I'll explain it once since this trickled over. 13 days ago I fractured my tibia. Went off like a shotgun. Thought it was my ACL and found out today from the MRI I broke my leg. I've been off work since last Thursday. I'm bored. UCF fans on Soundoff have been talking a lot of crap and one poster in general was creating multiple handles. So I went to their board just to see how many were him and how many were legit. I read a thread and answered about 3 questions in a polite fashion and posters started dogging Nebraska. After a day of it I left. Been back once since. So sorry they came over here but I can't control stupidity from other fanbases.

If that's what Scott wants, he can have them.
You have been back several times since the first visit, just not as much

James Madison has done better over the last 10 years than Nebraska, that must mean they are better too! UCF accomplished more in 2013 alone than NIU's entire football existence.
No this is beyond one of dumbest posts I have ever heard.

and lost to NIU as well.

So did you, though. Which is exactly the point I'm making.

Not to mention our loss came as a conference member in the MAC almost two decades ago (seems you guys are really fixated on things from decades ago). That was UCF's first ever stint in a conference after years of Independent FBS football. We've since moved up to Conference USA where we won a few championships and recently moved up to The American where we've won another few championships as well.

Like I said, trending upwards.

We have all been to the big family Thanksgiving dinners or Christmas dinners at Grandma's house. The adults all sit at one table, then their is the kids table. At some point there is a 15-17 year old cousin that thinks he/ she is ready for the adult table and tries to push themselves into conversations at the grown up table, trying to show how worldly they are.

This is UCF right now. They are trying real hard to get a spot at the table, but try as they might, they just aren't there yet. Keep your head up little buckaroo.

Reactions: Bruce1981
Frost could put the dampers on real quick if he'd come out and say he wasn't leaving UCF this off season, for baby, for the challenge, for the unfinished business, whatever.

He hasn't done that. Doesn't mean he's leaving, but doesn't mean he's not leaving either.

UCF has some positives, no doubt about it. But coaches like the Harbaugh's, Saban's, etc of the world don't really dream about working at G5 schools and turning them into powerhouses. Maybe they do that along the way to their ultimate goal, but there's really no doubt in my mind that Frost isn't going to be content to be the fourth most tradition rich school in Florida as a career goal. Every once in a while, you get a Briles or a Peterson who stays at a lower echelon school for a long time, but its the exception rather than the norm.

UCF is passing around a hat for heavens sake to come up with $1.5 million. Even if Scott's top priority was simply taking care of his folks rather than himself, a national power school like a Florida or a Nebraska is going to be light years better.

That's your opinion but it's wrong. Anyone can see I didn't "troll " until I was flamed. It's plain as day.

Frost could put the dampers on real quick if he'd come out and say he wasn't leaving UCF this off season, for baby, for the challenge, for the unfinished business, whatever.

He hasn't done that. Doesn't mean he's leaving, but doesn't mean he's not leaving either.

UCF has some positives, no doubt about it. But coaches like the Harbaugh's, Saban's, etc of the world don't really dream about working at G5 schools and turning them into powerhouses. Maybe they do that along the way to their ultimate goal, but there's really no doubt in my mind that Frost isn't going to be content to be the fourth most tradition rich school in Florida as a career goal. Every once in a while, you get a Briles or a Peterson who stays at a lower echelon school for a long time, but its the exception rather than the norm.

UCF is passing around a hat for heavens sake to come up with $1.5 million. Even if Scott's top priority was simply taking care of his folks rather than himself, a national power school like a Florida or a Nebraska is going to be light years better.
This is spot-on I think. Right now Frost is saying all the right things about UCF. And why wouldn't he? Nobody has actually offered him a job yet so he has to forge ahead for now as the head coach at UCF. But it is very interesting that he has not come out and said: "Hey everyone, I am not leaving UCF. Period."

So there really are only two possible reasons he would not come out and say definitively that he is staying put:
1. He really does want to move on to a P5 school
2. He wants to stay on at UCF but wants a much bigger salary

Time will tell which it is. But if all Frost wanted was a stable and secure job and environment he would have stayed at Oregon. But the trajectory of his career over the past ten years would suggest he has higher ambitions. He has gone from being a GA to an assistant coach to a coordinator to a head coach. Clearly, the next rung up on that ladder is head coach at a P5 school. And the next rung up after that is head coach at a blue blood P5 school. The iron is hot for him to get to that highest rung THIS year. Frost knows his stock is very high right now and the future holds no guarantee it won't drop in the future.

My money is on him leaving UCF this year, new baby or no new baby. And actually, as any parent can tell you, it is easier to make a move to a new community when your kids are preschool age. It gets more complicated and disruptive for your kids once they are in school.

Frost will leave this year. I hope he chooses NU should the job open and be offered to him. And to me that is THE question. Does Frost want to coach at NU? I don't know

This is spot-on I think. Right now Frost is saying all the right things about UCF. And why wouldn't he? Nobody has actually offered him a job yet so he has to forge ahead for now as the head coach at UCF. But it is very interesting that he has not come out and said: "Hey everyone, I am not leaving UCF. Period."

So there really are only two possible reasons he would not come out and say definitively that he is staying put:

Time will tell which it is. But if all Frost wanted was a stable and secure job and environment he would have stayed at Oregon. But the trajectory of his career over the past ten years would suggest he has higher ambitions. He has gone from being a GA to an assistant coach to a coordinator to a head coach. Clearly, the next rung up on that ladder is head coach at a P5 school. And the next rung up after that is head coach at a blue blood P5 school. The iron is hot for him to get to that highest rung THIS year. Frost knows his stock is very high right now and the future holds no guarantee it won't drop in the future.

My money is on him leaving UCF this year, new baby or no new baby. And actually, as any parent can tell you, it is easier to make a move to a new community when your kids are preschool age. It gets more complicated and disruptive for your kids once they are in school.

Frost will leave this year. I hope he chooses NU should the job open and be offered to him. And to me that is THE question. Does Frost want to coach at NU? I don't know

Severe has said before the Frost wants the job. I believe even Sean Callahan re-confirmed the sentiment just a day or two ago.

Several of his former teammates think he'd take it pretty much no questions asked.

That SSO character has connections to Frost and seems to fall on this train as well.

It would seem to me there's more than a little smoke that he's still interested in this position were it to come open.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
We have all been to the big family Thanksgiving dinners or Christmas dinners at Grandma's house. The adults all sit at one table, then their is the kids table. At some point there is a 15-17 year old cousin that thinks he/ she is ready for the adult table and tries to push themselves into conversations at the grown up table, trying to show how worldly they are.

This is UCF right now. They are trying real hard to get a spot at the table, but try as they might, they just aren't there yet. Keep your head up little buckaroo.

Maybe so, but eventually we'll get there.

No one is arguing that. The only disagreement seems to be the timeline.

Possibly.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
yep regardless of what happens it's not very fun to be in the middle of what might become our first undefeated season be non stop chatter about our coach leaving before Christmas & it has a chance of becoming a locker room distraction if any of our players start hearing or believing it whether it's true or complete bs by message board mods and blogs to get clicks

Severe has said before the Frost wants the job. I believe even Sean Callahan re-confirmed the sentiment just a day or two ago.

Several of his former teammates think he'd take it pretty much no questions asked.

That SSO character has connections to Frost and seems to fall on this train as well.

It would seem to me there's more than a little smoke that he's still interested in this position were it to come open.
Let's hope!

Does anyone truly know how much interest NU would have in SF? Moos has stated he prefers experienced P5 coaches (although he also said fit is very important). If experience was a large factor, that seems to eliminate SF from the discussion. I am also interested in how much outside 'influence' could be made on Moos from the fans, regents, etc. Personally I don't see Moos being easily influenced by those factors being that he is an experienced and well respected AD with what I assume are lots of connections. Furthermore, one not so past hire of a former DC seemed to happen largely because it was what many Husker fans wanted at that time...and that didn't necessarily turn out the best.

I also think the argument over whether or not SF will become NU's coach next year is a little premature. We currently do not have an opening. It very well may happen, but I feel like supporting the man that is currently in charge of our program (while rooting for SF) is a better use of at least my time.

If the opening did happen and SF was our top choice, I don't see him turning down the opportunity. Nebraska is where SF grew up, played and won a NC, and started his coaching career. He is loved here and would have a chance to be back 'home' with his family and many former friends and teammates. It is also a chance to be at a major program and play in a weak division in one of the top conferences. There are obviously potential drawbacks that have already been stated, such as recruiting, the state of the program, and the constant fishbowl he would be in. However, it has been proven that it isn't as difficult to recruit here as many would like to believe, it just takes drive and work to do so, which he has. The state of the program is actually something that would potentially benefit someone like SF, because he wouldn't necessarily have to win big right away...since he is a former Husker, it seems people would be willing to give him a little more time than they would someone like Riley. So, he would be able to implement his style and just have to show progress. And, the fishbowl environment would happen regardless of which big name program he ever chose. I think a bigger factor would be how he would handle the potential criticism/recommendations/whatever about what to do with the program from former teammates/ coaches/family/etc. Ultimately, though, this decision will be based on what SF and his wife think are best for their family...and even if Tony Dungy is in his inner circle, I don't think he has any real idea what SF would do if he were actually offered the job and chance to come home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT