ADVERTISEMENT

Turner Corcoran (OMG )

notaboveme

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2011
How is a three year starter not be able to pass block. Pff score for the Minnesota game 0.0, yes that was his score. For the Colorado game 13.1. I’m not putting the blame all on him. We have had two coaching staff that keep trotting Turner on to the field I guess because he’s the best we have. Come on man, I’m sure the young man wakes up at night in a cold sweat thinking about Saturday.

It’s ugly and no not his fault. He being asked to do something he can’t. Same s$&@ different year.

Reactions: Laner2
Matt Verzle said yesterday on the Damon benning show that turner has been a punching bag unfairly because the guard play has been bad

I feel bad for this kid. I think they he has told his coaches every way he can without actually saying it that he isn't a left tackle but he is still our best option so they keep playing him there. I'm not just talking about the new staff either. I noticed his body language a couple years ago when they lined him up at tackle and you could tell he had no confidence at all. Riola has made these guys better schematically but the individual development is an issue. TC's footwork is really bad at times in space. Just not a fan of Piper at all.

As a fan, I'd be willing to accept the growing pains of giving Gottula and Sledge a shot at some meaningful snaps.

If NU wants to bring in guys like Brix and Baker, it just isn't a good look to see hapless upper classmen like Corcoran and Piper on the left side, and 2 young OL sitting on the bench.

You have to show those potential recruits that NU will play them when the upperclassmen aren't doing the job.

I imagine the kid thinks, "you think I'm gonna ride the pine behind two lineman that can't block anyone?"

As a fan, I'd be willing to accept the growing pains of giving Gottula and Sledge a shot at some meaningful snaps.

If NU wants to bring in guys like Brix and Baker, it just isn't a good look to see hapless upper classmen like Corcoran and Piper on the left side, and 2 young OL sitting on the bench.

You have to show those potential recruits that NU will play them when the upperclassmen aren't doing the job.

I imagine the kid thinks, "you think I'm gonna ride the pine behind two lineman that can't block anyone?"
100% agree

Total. Rebuild.
Like 123 said and I agree with 100%, I'd be willing to accept growing pains going with youth like Gottula and Sledge over Corc and Piper specifically because of the total rebuild. Corc is better at guard, so I bet we see them try Gottula at tackle at some point unless Teddy can come in and stay healthy.

Literally anything could be better than current on that left side. Meatchicken is going to have a field day if the lineup is the same going into that game. Perhaps it will be anyway... But couldn't be worse.

How is a three year starter not be able to pass block. Pff score for the Minnesota game 0.0, yes that was his score. For the Colorado game 13.1. I’m not putting the blame all on him. We have had two coaching staff that keep trotting Turner on to the field I guess because he’s the best we have. Come on man, I’m sure the young man wakes up at night in a cold sweat thinking about Saturday.
The guy has been horrible since he started. Only reason he starts is because there is no one better than him. Other than turnovers, the Oline is the reason for most of the losses for years now.

Our head coach retained the assistant of the worst performing position group on the team because he got hood winked into thinking that his nephew might consider coming here if he did

2 most important position groups on the entire team (QB and OLine) and our 9 million dollar per year coach completely sh*t the bed in both cases

OU recruited Corcoran really hard. Was he just overrated as a talent or is it coaching?

Our head coach retained the assistant of the worst performing position group on the team because he got hood winked into thinking that his nephew might consider coming here if he did

2 most important position groups on the entire team (QB and OLine) and our 9 million dollar per year coach completely sh*t the bed in both cases
Eat a dick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT