ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue week PC notes-Updated depth chart

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven

Coach Matt Rhule Purdue Press Conference Notes -Did not attend the #Husker volleyball, but commends their grit and hopes to match their intensity -Team is pretty beat up -Ethan Piper (knee), Turner Corcoran (foot) out for the season -Nouredin Nouili out for two weeks or so -Billy Kemp will be out for multiple weeks with MCL sprain -Tommi Hill is day to day -Ty Robinson was absolutely dominant last Saturday -Teddy Prochazka is a starter now, he's OOU (one of us) -When we walk out on Saturday, all but two guys will be underclassmen -Young guys when given a chance are making plays -Players careers always come first when talking about redshirts -Mentions James Williams on the DL -Jacob Hood is back and playing -Our older players fight for us, but the young guys are stepping up with the injuries -Don't care about the score, but rather cares about the execution -Need to grow up on offense this week in terms of taking care of the ball -Purdue is going to come after you defensively -We rushed on offense, causing us to leave too many open plays on the field -Lots of plays we should absolutely hit -Nick Henrich has been a little bit banged up, knee then shoulder -Ben Scott is healthy, expect him to play -Turner Corcoran and Ethan Piper have already started coaching the young guys -Jaidyn Doss will start in the slot -Going with a 5 man rush allowed 5 one on ones, suggested by Coach Coop and Tony White adopted is -When you have so many inside backers you can trust, they can play fast -Blaise Gunnerson is making big jumps, and finding his confidence -Purdue QB Hudson Card is athletic, tough to run down -Sign stealing happens every game. This is why we should have mics in the helmets -Completely different than filming someones signs -Not going to comment on Michigan potentially stealing signs from Nebraska -last week was by far Ty Robinson's best game -RB room will continue to be by committee pending a good week of practice and ball security -Similar defense to Illinois (Purdue HC previously Illinois DC) -NFL scouts want to know about a players character, practice habits, learning habits, etc. -Coach Rhule has to be completely honest to the scouts -One scout called Nebraska the 2nd hardest practicing team he's seen -University of Georgia is the 1st hardest, "we'll catch them" -Visitor side is a real disadvantage in sign stealing and the sun -"Don't change anything that Tom Osborne did" -Trev is always looking ahead for things that can help us win -Doesn't worry about things he can't control

Last edited:

Coach Matt Rhule Purdue Press Conference Notes -Did not attend the #Husker volleyball, but commends their grit and hopes to match their intensity -Team is pretty beat up -Ethan Piper (knee), Turner Corcoran (foot) out for the season -Nouredin Nouili out for two weeks or so -Billy Kemp will be out for multiple weeks with MCL sprain -Tommi Hill is day to day -Ty Robinson was absolutely dominant last Saturday -Teddy Prochazka is a starter now, he's OOU (one of us) -When we walk out on Saturday, all but two guys will be underclassmen -Young guys when given a chance are making plays -Players careers always come first when talking about redshirts -Mentions James Williams on the DL -Jacob Hood is back and playing -Our older players fight for us, but the young guys are stepping up with the injuries -Don't care about the score, but rather cares about the execution -Need to grow up on offense this week in terms of taking care of the ball -Purdue is going to come after you defensively -We rushed on offense, causing us to leave too many open plays on the field -Lots of plays we should absolutely hit -Nick Henrich has been a little bit banged up, knee then shoulder -Ben Scott is healthy, expect him to play -Turner Corcoran and Ethan Piper have already started coaching the young guys -Jaidyn Doss will start in the slot -Going with a 5 man rush allowed 5 one on ones, suggested by Coach Coop and Tony White adopted is -When you have so many inside backers you can trust, they can play fast -Blaise Gunnerson is making big jumps, and finding his confidence -Purdue QB Hudson Card is athletic, tough to run down -Sign stealing happens every game. This is why we should have mics in the helmets -Completely different than filming someones signs -Not going to comment on Michigan potentially stealing signs from Nebraska -last week was by far Ty Robinson's best game -RB room will continue to be by committee pending a good week of practice and ball security -Similar defense to Illinois (Purdue HC previously Illinois DC) -NFL scouts want to know about a players character, practice habits, learning habits, etc. -Coach Rhule has to be completely honest to the scouts -One scout called Nebraska the 2nd hardest practicing team he's seen -University of Georgia is the 1st hardest, "we'll catch them" -Visitor side is a real disadvantage in sign stealing and the sun -"Don't change anything that Tom Osborne did" -Trev is always looking ahead for things that can help us win -Doesn't worry about things he can't control
I guess if there is a silver lining in this injury mess. Ben Scott is OK. Need our starting Center. Kemp and Nouelli will be back in a few weeks. Doss and the rest of the young WR's getting PT is huge for next year. Teddy P is back and healthy. Just keep grinding boys!! GBR!!

two things stand ou- one is nobody’s gonna feel sorry for us and rule puts a nice spin on positivity.

2nd- outsiders say we’re one of college footballs hardest practicing teams. MR is laying a hell of a foundation of working hard and being on adversity. Enjoying the ride but excited to see where we are year 3

There is week to week movement between the Jack and DE positions. Tony certainly found answers on the front 7 of the this defense. Butler, Blaise, Ty and Polar Bear are playing like the veterans they are. Has to be a nightmare for opposing offensive coordinators. Lots of guys that can rush the passer and they come in different formations and combinations. Where is the pressure coming from?

There is week to week movement between the Jack and DE positions. Tony certainly found answers on the front 7 of the this defense. Butler, Blaise, Ty and Polar Bear are playing like the veterans they are. Has to be a nightmare for opposing offensive coordinators. Lots of guys that can rush the passer and they come in different formations and combinations. Where is the pressure coming from?
Absolutely love what Tony is doing with the Defense. Guys flying around and making plays. The tackling is the best I've seen in 13 or 14 years. Bo and Suh's D. If I was a recruit I would be lining up to play in this Blackshirts Defense!!

Absolutely love what Tony is doing with the Defense. Guys flying around and making plays. The tackling is the best I've seen in 13 or 14 years. Bo and Suh's D. If I was a recruit I would be lining up to play in this Blackshirts Defense!!
You really have to wonder if some of it is the quality of some of our opponents. We sure didn’t look good against Michigan. I think it illustrates how truly mediocre Chinander was.

You really have to wonder if some of it is the quality of some of our opponents. We sure didn’t look good against Michigan. I think it illustrates how truly mediocre Chinander was.
That is a part of it. But the fundamentals are what stands out. Tackling in space, gang tackling. Getting sacks and TFL's. Just want to see more turnovers. For the D. Not for our O. 😢

Well. Some bitched about Corcoran. Looks like they’ve got their wish. 😟 Hope Teddy can stay on the field.
I don't want the kid hurt and he should be playing guard, but this might actually be a good thing at LT. At least go with Teddy for a game and then you have the youngsters you can plug in for the remainder of the season to ensure their redshirt.

I don't want the kid hurt and he should be playing guard, but this might actually be a good thing at LT. At least go with Teddy for a game and then you have the youngsters you can plug in for the remainder of the season to ensure their redshirt.
Still have 5 or 6 games left. Sledge, Gottula, Hood and Knaak better be ready to play. Pretty sure they can play in 4 games without burning the shirt. Get some quality reps.

Chinander always sucked. It does help on who we have played but this defense also has a true scheme and finding ways with the pass rush...remember we just lost Nelson, Tannor, and Mathis. I think we have a chance to be elite on D soon with the good young talent we have.

If Teddy struggles and the OG's play well, Nouili could slide in at LT when he comes back.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Still have 5 or 6 games left. Sledge, Gottula, Hood and Knaak better be ready to play. Pretty sure they can play in 4 games without burning the shirt. Get some quality reps.
Does a bowl game count as one of the four games? Or can a freshman play 4 regular season games + a bowl game and preserve the red shirt?

Chinander always sucked. It does help on who we have played but this defense also has a true scheme and finding ways with the pass rush...remember we just lost Nelson, Tannor, and Mathis. I think we have a chance to be elite on D soon with the good young talent we have.
It's how you build championship level teams. It's always defense first!

Reactions: Laner2 and OzzyLvr

If the coaches can upgrade the talent on this defense… look out.

Reactions: Laner2 and HuskerO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT