ADVERTISEMENT

Tunnel walk

Or just demolish the North stadium and start over from scratch.
I doubt they will because of all the new stuff they put in around 2005, but this should be given serious consideration. Personally, I would demolish both the North and South Stadiums and rebuild in a way that would make the stadium a true bowl. Newer and bigger screens on both. Skyboxes on both. Theatre type seats in both. Lots of bathrooms and concessions with easy access from all areas. It would reduce seating capacity but that would probably be a good thing.

Reactions: Red Steve
I like it too. Yeah, the Bulls used it before we did, but so what? It's become as connected with Nebraska football now as it is with the Bulls. From previous discussions on the issue it's clear that there are a significant number of people who would like to change it, but there's little agreement on what it should be changed to. Change it to something else, and you're going to have people saying "I wanted it changed, but I didn't want this." Leaving it the same upsets the fewest number of people.

"I was in favor of firing Bo, but I didn't want us to hire Mike Riley!!!"

edit: I want to keep Sirius... but I would love if they played Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight - for night games... players run out right when the drums hit, obviously.

FFS, its music, highlights and the team runs out of a tunnel. To think that this is for the players is asinine. It is 100% for the fans in the stadium.

Enough of the faux outrage over 4 minutes, 9 days per year needs to stop.

Reactions: WHCSC
FFS, its music, highlights and the team runs out of a tunnel. To think that this is for the players is asinine. It is 100% for the fans in the stadium.

Enough of the faux outrage over 4 minutes, 9 days per year needs to stop.
Seems the outraged one is you.
Calm down guy.
No one is making you read this or comment. Tunnel walk is kind of a big deal and is unique to Nebraska football, and this is a Nebraska forum.

Seems the outraged one is you.
Calm down guy.
No one is making you read this or comment. Tunnel walk is kind of a big deal and is unique to Nebraska football, and this is a Nebraska forum.

Not all that unique. Pretty much every school and every sport has some sort of song and video.

Not all that unique. Pretty much every school and every sport has some sort of song and video.
Youre right, its a big deal everywhere. I think some even have inflatables and smoke! Nothing unique about nebraskas tunnel walk or its history.

Scott Frost shitting all over tradition already right gang?
I know it's a funny thing, but I'm behind him changing what he wants 100%. I'll be honest and admit, if it was anyone else I'd be not so cool with it.

I do however still love Sirius, but if were going song change we could pick a better song for fall though... just being honest.

I doubt they will because of all the new stuff they put in around 2005, but this should be given serious consideration. Personally, I would demolish both the North and South Stadiums and rebuild in a way that would make the stadium a true bowl. Newer and bigger screens on both. Skyboxes on both. Theatre type seats in both. Lots of bathrooms and concessions with easy access from all areas. It would reduce seating capacity but that would probably be a good thing.
I've always liked how our stadium is. Being "odd" kinda gives it flavor and makes it unique imo.

I know it's a funny thing, but I'm behind him changing what he wants 100%. I'll be honest and admit, if it was anyone else I'd be not so cool with it.

I do however still love Sirius, but if were going song change we could pick a better song for fall though... just being honest.
I’ve always been a fan of XM Radio of Sirius myself.

IMO the music sets the tone for the tunnel walk and That was awful choice of music. Did the university get cheap? I mean it’s a dam cover and a bad one at that. Does the university have to pay Royalties or something?

I get if they could not afford the Beatles version, but even that wouldn’t have been great. I’d have only thrown up just a little in my mouth then and I love the Beatles . I even like Gary Clark Jr but he didn’t do that song well. It’s from an awful movie soundtrack to boot. Need something to come out to with a faster beat. Hip hop, R&B, or hard rock. Nothing slow.

That was a good cover. You're insane. :p

Reactions: WHCSC
Youre right, its a big deal everywhere. I think some even have inflatables and smoke! Nothing unique about nebraskas tunnel walk or its history.

Nothing the players did changed. They did what they always do, they walked through the tunnel, tapped the horseshoe and ran on the field. The ONLY thing that changed was the music and the video. Music that wasn't unique to Nebraska, because the Chicago Bulls used it too.

So in summary, the BIG DEAL and the HISTORY didn't change. Music and video did. Faux outrage continues.

Tunnel Walk: Much ado about nothing. It has become a joke in the last 15 years when we put on big productions in big games and then get our asses handed to us.

Just turn that damn music off during the game. Sheesh. :p

Nothing the players did changed. They did what they always do, they walked through the tunnel, tapped the horseshoe and ran on the field. The ONLY thing that changed was the music and the video. Music that wasn't unique to Nebraska, because the Chicago Bulls used it too.

So in summary, the BIG DEAL and the HISTORY didn't change. Music and video did. Faux outrage continues.
You have a reading comprehension problem, as well as a hypocrite problem, as well as an anger problem. The only outraged one is you. Starting to assume you are small and have some Napoleon complex.

Reactions: oldjar07
So I like the mid game song of ‘let me clear my throat’ and that seems to have taken hold. It would be hard to duplicate the success of Sirius. Though call.

Maybe we do a really cool remix of Sirius?

I think they should change it. If I remember correctly they didn't do it until 1993 or 1994. I remember going to games when it was just the band playing the team onto the field. As has been pointed out numerous times, the Bulls were playing it for a few years before we started doing it. I think they should go with "It's Raining Men" by the Weathergirls. That or "Bastards of Young" by the Replacements. Either would be good.

I've searched and surprisingly I can't find anything on the new tunnel walk. Several people around me were upset with the change. Personally I'm perfectly ok with changing it up, just seems like the perfect time to change it up I do hope though they select a different song, something more up beat

Side note did the music during the game throw anyone else off. It seemed like it changed the atmosphere like almost made it feel nonchalant which I guess it is as it is truly only practice.

I am an old curmudgeon. I would make the tunnel walk short and sweet. Games have too much dumb noise anymore. I love the natural noise of the game. The QB hollering out the count, the fans hooting and hollering, the band blasting out the fight song. I don't need silly (and bad) seventies arena rock piped-in music to manufacture an artificial atmosphere of excitement to get me jacked up for a game.

You have a reading comprehension problem, as well as a hypocrite problem, as well as an anger problem. The only outraged one is you. Starting to assume you are small and have some Napoleon complex.
Haha yeah he seems to be the only outraged one in this thread.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
wonder if we can get a more human than human remix (without the sex noises, which could make all the blue hairs' collective heads explode)

Reactions: oldjar07
Get rid of Sirius! That song was 'tired' in the 90s, let alone today. Just switch up the music each time if they want to. Something that is more upbeat and would be exiting to recruits too. I'm fine with what they played during the spring game. It was a breath of fresh air vs Sirius.

Count me among those who did not like this version of the Tunnel Walk. I also agree that it has declined over the past few years into a boring "production" rather than a rabble-rousing, spine-tingling call to arms for the fans to make noise.

They need to hire a better radio guy.. someone with some character... I want to listen with my headphones IN the stadium like the old days!

They need to hire a better radio guy.. someone with some character... I want to listen with my headphones IN the stadium like the old days!

Greg Sharpe is the best announcer we've had since Lyle. By far the best since Lyle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT