ADVERTISEMENT

Tunnel walk

Dec 6, 2001
I've searched and surprisingly I can't find anything on the new tunnel walk. Several people around me were upset with the change. Personally I'm perfectly ok with changing it up, just seems like the perfect time to change it up I do hope though they select a different song, something more up beat

Side note did the music during the game throw anyone else off. It seemed like it changed the atmosphere like almost made it feel nonchalant which I guess it is as it is truly only practice.

I've searched and surprisingly I can't find anything on the new tunnel walk. Several people around me were upset with the change. Personally I'm perfectly ok with changing it up, just seems like the perfect time to change it up I do hope though they select a different song, something more up beat

Side note did the music during the game throw anyone else off. It seemed like it changed the atmosphere like almost made it feel nonchalant which I guess it is as it is truly only practice.
My guess is they will have something different for the home opener. But then again who knows. Maybe making a clean start. Show highlights of what? The 80's and 90's? The more recent past of which DC Chinander said they don't even bother watching any game film of because it doesn't teach much? I kinda get what they were attempting to do in this tunnel walk but would definitely like to see something different when the season starts.

It has just gotten wayyy too long.
Song should stay the same.
Stop dragging it out so long.
If theres highlights they should last 5-10 secs max. Do some other stuff
Show the team, run out. The process should take a minute.

The past decade its lost its luster because they try to make some big ass production outa it. Players talk and you cant understand them. They show every damn highlight in history. The song drags on for 3 minutes.
Fans get excited, then dead sitting there clapping off time. Then have to force themselves to try to get excited again when the team runs out.

Its just way too long and dragged out. Feels forced and has for some time.
Keep the song. Its unique and sounds good, you dont alienate genre fans. Its not the problem.

It has just gotten wayyy too long.
Song should stay the same.
Stop dragging it out so long.
If theres highlights they should last 5-10 secs max. Do some other stuff
Show the team, run out. The process should take a minute.

The past decade its lost its luster because they try to make some big ass production outa it. Players talk and you cant understand them. They show every damn highlight in history. The song drags on for 3 minutes.
Fans get excited, then dead sitting there clapping off time. Then have to force themselves to try to get excited again when the team runs out.

Its just way too long and dragged out. Feels forced and has for some time.
Keep the song. Its unique and sounds good, you dont alienate genre fans. Its not the problem.

I agree, they should let it build up, but just enough not 5 min ordeal, it should be 3 minutes tops

Reactions: Wasker77
I agree, they should let it build up, but just enough not 5 min ordeal, it should be 3 minutes tops
Imo 3 is too long as well. But thats just me.
For most excitement it needs to be a minute. Otherwise fans stop cheering. Then force it.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Yeah I think that was just a 1 time thing. Come Together obviously was talking about the state coming together again and being unified. Come September, the old tunnel walk will be back.

AGREE 1000% on it being too long. Screen should go black, husker power chant should start up, then the screen flashes and the music starts, then a short video then show the team walking down the tunnel. In years past the screen goes black then some stupid highlight video pops up that last 4 mins then by the time the tunnel walk comes on the team is already out of the tunnel. It's always pissed me off. Make it short, simple, and intimidating.

Maybe the players have to earn the Tunnel Walk for each game based on their effort in practice and in the previous game? Winking

tenor.gif

Last edited:

the change in music did throw me off.. it did not have the same spark to me, but I was watching it on tv.. it didn't give me goose bumps either. It's possible that it's too long or whatever, but the music acts like a trigger, and not having it.. well I didn't get triggered. Maybe they were just testing something different.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
the change in music did throw me off.. it did not have the same spark to me, but I was watching it on tv.. it didn't give me goose bumps either. It's possible that it's too long or whatever, but the music acts like a trigger, and not having it.. well I didn't get triggered. Maybe they were just testing something different.

Maybe they were trying to get Husker fans to appreciate Sirius? Winking

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I thought it was kind of flat and uninspiring. If they were looking for a big chill-inducing moment for Scott Frost's first run out on the field, I didn't feel it. Hopefully they do the traditional tunnel walk for the first game.

IMO the music sets the tone for the tunnel walk and That was awful choice of music. Did the university get cheap? I mean it’s a dam cover and a bad one at that. Does the university have to pay Royalties or something?

I get if they could not afford the Beatles version, but even that wouldn’t have been great. I’d have only thrown up just a little in my mouth then and I love the Beatles . I even like Gary Clark Jr but he didn’t do that song well. It’s from an awful movie soundtrack to boot. Need something to come out to with a faster beat. Hip hop, R&B, or hard rock. Nothing slow.

Yuck. That "Come Together" choice was bad. Sirius needs to be replaced, but hopefully they come up with something better for the regular season.

I think they should play music that fast recruits like. Just a hint,.. it ain’t Metallica, cheesy ass jock jams, or some Beatles cover. Frost and Co should change whatever they deem good for Ws. As he saw or led at Oregon and UCF. Husker nation should limit the number of symbolic untouchable elements they wrap in the tradition blanket. Let’s start some new traditions

Yuck. That "Come Together" choice was bad. Sirius needs to be replaced, but hopefully they come up with something better for the regular season.
It doesnt need replaced.
Its a great song. Fans of all genres can likeit. Its unique. The no words part makes ot timeless.
You pick hard rock or rap you automactically have half the stadium hating it.
Its is a great build up song and the problem rifht now imo is they are lettin the whole thing drag on.

Reactions: oldjar07
Why do people think they need to change everything? Sirius is great. Just need to shorten it up a little and not let it drag out too long.

I think one of the problems is the tunnel is too long. It takes too long for them to get from the start of the tunnel to the entrance of the stadium. By the the time they even get to the entrance the excitement starts to die down. There's a lot of things they can do to keep the tunnel walk fresh and make it more exciting but changing the song ia not one of them.

It doesnt need replaced.
Its a great song. Fans of all genres can likeit. Its unique. The no words part makes ot timeless.
You pick hard rock or rap you automactically have half the stadium hating it.
Its is a great build up song and the problem rifht now imo is they are lettin the whole thing drag on.
Agreed it's the perfect song for a tunnel walk and does have a great build up. You're not going to find something that's better, that's unique to Nebraska, and that people will agree on. It makes no sense to change it.

Song sucks. And I’m 38 and a white guy. If 90% of your team is African American, its more important they are hyped than a bunch of blue hairs. Get something currently relevant

Reactions: SC_'sker
Agreed it's the perfect song for a tunnel walk and does have a great build up. You're not going to find something that's better, that's unique to Nebraska, and that people will agree on. It makes no sense to change it.
I like it too. Yeah, the Bulls used it before we did, but so what? It's become as connected with Nebraska football now as it is with the Bulls. From previous discussions on the issue it's clear that there are a significant number of people who would like to change it, but there's little agreement on what it should be changed to. Change it to something else, and you're going to have people saying "I wanted it changed, but I didn't want this." Leaving it the same upsets the fewest number of people.

Song sucks. And I’m 38 and a white guy. If 90% of your team is African American, its more important they are hyped than a bunch of blue hairs. Get something currently relevant
Well there goes my pitch for Van Halen's "Right Now".

Sirius is just old. I'd bet that most of the students, most of the players, and prospective recruits would much rather hear something else.

I believe its racist to think black people dont like sirius. Nice stereotyping.

Reactions: oldjar07
Sirius is just old. I'd bet that most of the students, most of the players, and prospective recruits would much rather hear something else.
But people dont know its old.
The reason its unique is because it simply sounds like a well put together song that starts cool and builds.
It has no words, which adds to its timelessness.
It has no genre.
It doesnt sound like an old song. I bet most people dont even know the artist or that it wasnt made for NU.
And like others have said, any other song will alienate half the people. And will probably sound like crap.

But people dont know its old.
The reason its unique is because it simply sounds like a well put together song that starts cool and builds.
It has no words, which adds to its timelessness.
It has no genre.
It doesnt sound like an old song. I bet most people dont even know the artist or that it wasnt made for NU.
And like others have said, any other song will alienate half the people. And will probably sound like crap.

It sounds very old.

There's a reason they always put the musical acts at the end of talk shows. Doesn't matter what music they play, over half won't care for it. Just as long as they don't have something ridiculous like players jumping out of planes or the Sower raising the roof we should probably consider ourselves lucky.

Count me among those who did not like this version of the Tunnel Walk. I also agree that it has declined over the past few years into a boring "production" rather than a rabble-rousing, spine-tingling call to arms for the fans to make noise. They really need to cut out the shitty audios of players talking when you cannot understand what the hell they are saying. It is a buzzkill. Just a few freaking highlights and some graphics that emphasize the game that day and then bam... Sirius and the Walk.

I also think.... as if anyone cares what I think... that it is time to put in a much larger screen over the North Stadium.

Reactions: gw2kpro
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT