ADVERTISEMENT

Tight Ends?

Night Goat

Walk On
Jul 12, 2006
We've signed quite a few, supposedly good, TE recruits in the past 3 years. Where are they? This offense is supposed to use TE's a lot, but so far they're not contributing much.

We've signed quite a few, supposedly good, TE recruits in the past 3 years. Where are they? This offense is supposed to use TE's a lot, but so far they're not contributing much.

Good question. Hoppes has shown flashes as a receiver. None have excelled as blockers IMO.

are you dave casper of the oakland raiders?

I like hoppes as long as he focuses on catching the ball first

When you are needed to stay in for blocking purposes because of our offensive line...it is hard for the offensive coordinator to send them out in passing routes so they can contribute.

55f263bf877cf.image.jpg

Reactions: TwinsRRUs

Have we over the last three years? We signed a 5.5 three star in 2015, a 5.5 and a 5.6 three start in 2016 and two 5.6 three stars last year. I'm not seeing the highly rated players in those classes.

oh, I use redwine cause it was a hip 70's name, and not too cocky like I.M. Hips

Where's Matt Snyder? Riley's first class-- should be contributing by now

You're good if 50% of a class contributes. From the 2015 class the following have contributed so far:

-Reed
-Ober
-Davis
-Barry
-Ozigbo
-Young
-Ferguson
-Morgan
-A. Williams
-Decker
-Davis
-Davis
-Lee

Haven't contributed in a major way to my knowledge:
-Stevenson (he kind of contributed but doesn't really count)
-Talan
-Alston
-Barnett
-Snyder
-Neal
-A. Anderson (has he contributed yet?)

From the looks of it, Rileys first class (which was a partial) looks pretty darn good.

Have any of you ever played TE for a Power 5 school? Or coached the position at a Power 5 school?

If not, you aren't qualified to say anything on the matter.

You're good if 50% of a class contributes. From the 2015 class the following have contributed so far:

-Reed
-Ober
-Davis
-Barry
-Ozigbo
-Young
-Ferguson
-Morgan
-A. Williams
-Decker
-Davis
-Davis
-Lee

Haven't contributed in a major way to my knowledge:
-Stevenson (he kind of contributed but doesn't really count)
-Talan
-Alston
-Barnett
-Snyder
-Neal
-A. Anderson (has he contributed yet?)

From the looks of it, Rileys first class (which was a partial) looks pretty darn good.

Anderson is on kick coverage team.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT