ADVERTISEMENT

Those wacky Sanders boys

Sanders will be the best or second best QB that NU faces this year?

Maybe that Will Howard at OSU?
That CU game is starting to make me nervous knowing that Buford might be a corner. I'll wait to see what he actually looks like, but always seemed to be about a half step slow at safety, but maybe Cooper did some magic and got his speed up after the injury.

That CU game is starting to make me nervous knowing that Buford might be a corner. I'll wait to see what he actually looks like, but always seemed to be about a half step slow at safety, but maybe Cooper did some magic and got his speed up after the injury.

On paper...CU is going to have an edge over us at several spots. Offensive skill positiions being the biggest, secondary to? ...This game is sooooo crucial for us. I think we win, but CU has more talent than a lot of people give em credit for....now next year will probably be a fvcking disaster fpr em, but this season? Its going to be tough sledding for us.

On paper...CU is going to have an edge over us at several spots. Offensive skill positiions being the biggest, secondary to? ...This game is sooooo crucial for us. I think we win, but CU has more talent than a lot of people give em credit for....now next year will probably be a fvcking disaster fpr em, but this season? Its going to be tough sledding for us.
I was listening to a CU beat writer talking about the team on Sirius Sports talk this weekend. His take was they've made big upgrades at the OL position and coaching staff. He also disputed all the reports about dissention and chaos within the locker room that seem to be getting headlines - called it fake news, and said the team was really focused. When asked about the NU-CU game, he said Raiola would give NU a better chance than last year, but he thought CU's skill players, particularly their receivers, were going to too much for NU. If CU is, in fact, improved, we're going to need to be quite a bit better than last year to beat them. I know we all want to see the second coming of the '92 CU-NU game, but I'm not sure this year's team is ready yet to play the '92 Husker team's role on the field.

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of moving these guys back and forth between corner and safety, considering the lack of NFL athletes we've had lately. I would prefer to play guys who are pure corners, even if they take short-term lumps. Feel the same way about playing guys at OT that everything thinks are natural guards. There are thousands upon thousands of football players. Find a tackle.

Reactions: king_kong_
Not sure who their rb is but I was glad to see Edwards go. He was a threat to house it every time he touched the ball. Dline obviously needs consistent pressure because they will attack us by air.

I agree, people just expecting them to walk into a buzzsaw will probably be disappointed.

I was listening to a CU beat writer talking about the team on Sirius Sports talk this weekend. His take was they've made big upgrades at the OL position and coaching staff. He also disputed all the reports about dissention and chaos within the locker room that seem to be getting headlines - called it fake news, and said the team was really focused. When asked about the NU-CU game, he said Raiola would give NU a better chance than last year, but he thought CU's skill players, particularly their receivers, were going to too much for NU. If CU is, in fact, improved, we're going to need to be quite a bit better than last year to beat them. I know we all want to see the second coming of the '92 CU-NU game, but I'm not sure this year's team is ready yet to play the '92 Husker team's role on the field.

Some dont want to believe it, but they have 2 top 10 NFL picks on their roster as of today...maybe one plays his way out, but anayway, do we have even a guy who will be picked in the first 3 rounds??...they also landed arguably the top rated tackle of of high school...their secondary will be excellent...and yeah, until proven otherwise they have the superior staff. I know they flamed out at end of last year but Deion did quadruple their win total prior to his arrival, and now they have a year under their belt..

....if I were not a Husker fan and just a gambler who wanted to cash in, I'd be super tempted to take CU and the points.

Colorado got worse as the year went all around. Our defense improved drastically as well as our team discipline which was abandoned against Colorado in game 2 last year. I think we play composed and steady and gradually pull further and further ahead and win easy.

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Reactions: leodisflowers
Might be true, but I've heard the on-line still isn't very good. We'll know soon.

I like the idea of our improved defense against them, but if we don't limit the big pass play it won't matter. I think this is pretty obvious to most people. Hopefully our coaches have enough to put a good game plan together.

Some dont want to believe it, but they have 2 top 10 NFL picks on their roster as of today...maybe one plays his way out, but anayway, do we have even a guy who will be picked in the first 3 rounds??...they also landed arguably the top rated tackle of of high school...their secondary will be excellent...and yeah, until proven otherwise they have the superior staff. I know they flamed out at end of last year but Deion did quadruple their win total prior to his arrival, and now they have a year under their belt..

....if I were not a Husker fan and just a gambler who wanted to cash in, I'd be super tempted to take CU and the points.
First 3 rounds?

I’m not sure we have anyone who will get picked at all for the second straight year

Colorado lost their whole offensive line and will start the season with all new starters, they picked up a players from Houston,Indiana and UTEP and according to Phil Steele it’s going to take time for them to jell..

If your willing to put $$ on Colorado against Nebraska why in the hell wouldn’t you lay money on them at home against No Dakota St at -9.5?

I have no idea about Colorado, but their beat writers are about the most delusional people there are. Some of their other media will give you a better story, but I've heard some interviews when they go on different sports radio outlets and it is down right comical. Yes, Hunter is a good corner if he is playing the pass, but he also sucks in run support. Similar to last year, I hope that we actually can run the ball right at them because our TE's and receivers were beating him up.

Their OL may be a little bit better, but Seaton is still a true frosh and doesn't look good in pass pro. All of their other additions are ok, but not anything to slobber over. They are not a physical team and we just need to go push them around and smack Shadeur.

They do? I'm not so sure on this.

WR - Yes
QB - Yes

Really nothing else and CB is a toss up as we have Tommi Hill. As I said in another post, Hunter is a great cover corner, but if NU runs at him he is going to get pushed back.

NU on paper is better at:

RB
TE
OL
DL
LB
S

Colorado got worse as the year went all around. Our defense improved drastically as well as our team discipline which was abandoned against Colorado in game 2 last year. I think we play composed and steady and gradually pull further and further ahead and win easy.
Once Colorado gets punched in the face they fold. Got to score on them early and hit em hard.

I have no idea about Colorado, but their beat writers are about the most delusional people there are. Some of their other media will give you a better story, but I've heard some interviews when they go on different sports radio outlets and it is down right comical. Yes, Hunter is a good corner if he is playing the pass, but he also sucks in run support. Similar to last year, I hope that we actually can run the ball right at them because our TE's and receivers were beating him up.

Their OL may be a little bit better, but Seaton is still a true frosh and doesn't look good in pass pro. All of their other additions are ok, but not anything to slobber over. They are not a physical team and we just need to go push them around and smack Shadeur.
The key to winning this game is beating up Shadeur, which I enthusiastically approve. we take care of the ball this year and grind out some drives to keep their playmakers on the sidelines. We win with a comfortable margin.

Colorado lost their whole offensive line and will start the season with all new starters, they picked up a players from Houston,Indiana and UTEP and according to Phil Steele it’s going to take time for them to jell..

If your willing to put $$ on Colorado against Nebraska why in the hell wouldn’t you lay money on them at home against No Dakota St at -9.5?

I don't bet....and i was speaking from a gambler standpoint that does it to feed my family. I think it would be a good pick in tjat regard....I also stated earlier in this thread I believe we win the game, I just wouldn't bet a nickel on doing it and covering, but if you feel otherwise that's cool.

They do? I'm not so sure on this.

WR - Yes
QB - Yes

Really nothing else and CB is a toss up as we have Tommi Hill. As I said in another post, Hunter is a great cover corner, but if NU runs at him he is going to get pushed back.

NU on paper is better at:

RB
TE
OL
DL
LB
S

Tommi Hill would be the 3rd best DB on the Buffs roster, if he was a Buff.

I also didnt claim CU had an advantage on the OL, just that they had the best tackle out of high school.

Big upgrades to the coaching staff? Did they actually say that?

Is that line -9.5 now? That is a big jump. It was -7

I missed your laat sentence first time i read and replied, and i'm Not sure what the line at NDSU has to do with anything but to answer your ? .....I would absolutely lay large sums of cash on CU to cover that spread, if I bet football.

Big upgrades to the coaching staff? Did they actually say that?
They did. Cited how much NFL coaching experience they have on the staff now. Don't know how true that is - haven't cared enough to look it up.

On the same talk show, another guy was predicting that CP wouldn't make it through the season. Basically the premise that if things go poorly, Hunter/Shadeur would opt out of the balance of the games and CP might follow them. I don't think the first part of that prediction is out of the question, but I have a hard time seeing CP's ego letting him walk away like that as a loser.

Reactions: headcard
They did. Cited how much NFL coaching experience they have on the staff now. Don't know how true that is - haven't cared enough to look it up.

On the same talk show, another guy was predicting that CP wouldn't make it through the season. Basically the premise that if things go poorly, Hunter/Shadeur would opt out of the balance of the games and CP might follow them. I don't think the first part of that prediction is out of the question, but I have a hard time seeing CP's ego letting him walk away like that as a loser.
Who in the hell is CP?

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan

They replaced their DC Charles Kelley with a guy who coached safeties in the NFL and has never been a DC.

They replaced their OL Bill O'Boyle with a guy who was an analyst at Oklahoma the last two years.

They replaced their OC, Sean Lewis, with Pat Shurmer mid-last year, which was a disaster, but they are sticking with it.

Reactions: leodisflowers

Misleading statement in the article "NFL playing and coaching experience" they have some guys who played in the league. And they have some experienced coaches. Only Shurmur has any legit NFL coaching experience, and he has been underwhelming everywhere including the last 4 games at CU last year.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Its a night game, with our most hated rival of all time other than maybe Miami. I mean, I hate Iowa and Wisconsin and Oklahoma too, but this has a different feel. The stadium will be absolutely jacked for this. Sanders will be running for his life all night.

Tommi Hill would be the 3rd best DB on the Buffs roster, if he was a Buff.
We can agree to disagree. He starts on the other side of Hunter if he is a buff and he is much better in the run game then Hunter. Point still stands. We have a better roster across the board, but they have a couple of stars.

The worst part of the matchup is I don't love our CB's outside of Tommi and they have a load of WR's. If Tony White can slow this down and Rhule doesn't mess around with a game plan we should win this game.

NU has a better roster, the home crowd, more physical, etc.. Our players need to show up and play their game and not get caught up in the circus... I guarantee in the pregame those ****ers are going to be chirping and it is going to start to get chippy from the jump. Rhule needs to redeem himself from his coaching job last year and not let our guys try to overdo it.

Reactions: shocksker
I agree. I don't buy into all the angst about this being a close game we will be lucky to win at the wire.

They replaced their DC Charles Kelley with a guy who coached safeties in the NFL and has never been a DC.

They replaced their OL Bill O'Boyle with a guy who was an analyst at Oklahoma the last two years.

They replaced their OC, Sean Lewis, with Pat Shurmer mid-last year, which was a disaster, but they are sticking with it.
Yep and Sean Lewis was actually a stud. To me that is their biggest loss. He's a good coach.

Reactions: shocksker
Yep and Sean Lewis was actually a stud. To me that is their biggest loss. He's a good coach.
Their offense was much much much better with him. Shurmur will try and run when they can't. His route concepts aren't suited to getting speed in space like Lewis' were. He hasn't been super successful at any level.

We can agree to disagree. He starts on the other side of Hunter if he is a buff and he is much better in the run game then Hunter. Point still stands. We have a better roster across the board, but they have a couple of stars.

The worst part of the matchup is I don't love our CB's outside of Tommi and they have a load of WR's. If Tony White can slow this down and Rhule doesn't mess around with a game plan we should win this game.

NU has a better roster, the home crowd, more physical, etc.. Our players need to show up and play their game and not get caught up in the circus... I guarantee in the pregame those ****ers are going to be chirping and it is going to start to get chippy from the jump. Rhule needs to redeem himself from his coaching job last year and not let our guys try to overdo it.

I think a lot of scouts think Shilo is pretty good, I really dislike the douchebag, but I have read some ridiculous predictions that put him pretty far up on list of DB's coming out, and i've read some that don't even list him in the top 20 DB's to be drafted..so we'll see. Maybe you're right, I hope so...but for sake of this convo we'll call it a push...as far as who has the better roster, we'll see, but as others have pointed out, we lack draft prospects bigly, CU has several....so i'm not sure why so many people think our roster is so much better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT