ADVERTISEMENT

Those wacky Sanders boys

I think a lot of scouts think Shilo is pretty good, I really dislike the douchebag, but I have read some ridiculous predictions that put him pretty far up on list of DB's coming out, and i've read some that don't even list him in the top 20 DB's to be drafted..so we'll see. Maybe you're right, I hope so...but for sake of this convo we'll call it a push...as far as who has the better roster, we'll see, but as others have pointed out, we lack draft prospects bigly, CU has several....so i'm not sure why so many people think our roster is so much better.
Colorado has 2 prospects. They have a couple guys who might get some love if they play at a higher level this year then they ever have. Horn may be their 3rd and the other Sanders may be their 4th. It stops there. As for young talent they have an O lineman who isn't ready in pass pro, Omarion Miller, and it stops there. They have a bunch of guys who couldn't Crack the 2 deep at other power 5 and a few guys who stood out at lower level schools. Nebraska is the more talented team.

Colorado has 2 prospects. They have a couple guys who might get some love if they play at a higher level this year then they ever have. Horn may be their 3rd and the other Sanders may be their 4th. It stops there. As for young talent they have an O lineman who isn't ready in pass pro, Omarion Miller, and it stops there. They have a bunch of guys who couldn't Crack the 2 deep at other power 5 and a few guys who stood out at lower level schools. Nebraska is the more talented team.

....so they have 4 likely draft picks...now do the Huskers.

Hill will get drafted for certain, who else?

Then add them all up, and who has more?

Nebraska could have Hill drafted then depending on how their seasons go, players like Mazzucca, Benhart, Robinson, Hutmacher, Banks and Neyor could find themselves getting drafted in later rounds. Perhaps even Singleton and Gifford could play themselves on to a draft board, especially with Butler coaching them. For some reason Corcoran is on some draft boards, so there is another.

I am not saying all of those players, or even any of them will definitely be drafted, just that there is a chance that some players can play themselves into a better position with a successful season.

Nebraska could have Hill drafted then depending on how their seasons go, players like Mazzucca, Benhart, Robinson, Hutmacher, Banks and Neyor could find themselves getting drafted in later rounds. Perhaps even Singleton and Gifford could play themselves on to a draft board, especially with Butler coaching them. For some reason Corcoran is on some draft boards, so there is another.

I am not saying all of those players, or even any of them will definitely be drafted, just that there is a chance that some players can play themselves into a better position with a successful season.

Agree on Robinson and Hutmacher...the rest? IDK.

I think a lot of scouts think Shilo is pretty good, I really dislike the douchebag, but I have read some ridiculous predictions that put him pretty far up on list of DB's coming out, and i've read some that don't even list him in the top 20 DB's to be drafted..so we'll see. Maybe you're right, I hope so...but for sake of this convo we'll call it a push...as far as who has the better roster, we'll see, but as others have pointed out, we lack draft prospects bigly, CU has several....so i'm not sure why so many people think our roster is so much better.
Isn't Shilo hurt?

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Isn't Shilo hurt?

yup...and to be honest, i thought he was going to be back but after your post i went digging and its more serious than i thought...that would be a big loss for them, and a huge plus for our game. I don't root for it, but freaking sweet!!!...and since he's a douche bag, i'm almost willing to make an exception to my "I normally don't root for a kid to get injured" policy.

You say 4. So we are including players who get drafted if they have the best year of their career.
Banks, Robinson, Nutsmasher, Singleton, Hill, Benhart, Mazzucca. All of those players are at or above Colorado 3rd and 4th guys. Young talent.... Nebraska has WR, QB, RB, OL, DE, DL, DB. All has talent that could play their way to next years boards.

Hell Scott is a guy with a great year that could get drafted late.

I hope you're right and was surprised you didn't mention him...but I think he came back because the NFL didn't give him a very warm and fuzzy feeling about his prospects, but I agree with you in that he could play himself into a later round

I was under the impression he was draft eligible last year...if i'm wrong on that then my bad

Hell Scott is a guy with a great year that could get drafted late.
Yep, and a bunch of the youngsters on D are going to have a shot to get drafted as well. Guys like Lenhardt, Davis, Pricewill, etc. If they continue to work hard, they could get drafted. I am curious to see how Butler looks as well. If he keeps some of his speed with his new beefed up body, he is going to have a shot after next year as well. The roster is starting to get back to where it needs to be. Still need to keep building it, but the fact we are talking about 5+ guys is a huge change from where we seemed to have been during this horrible period.

You say 4. So we are including players who get drafted if they have the best year of their career.
Banks, Robinson, Nutsmasher, Singleton, Hill, Benhart, Mazzucca. All of those players are at or above Colorado 3rd and 4th guys. Young talent.... Nebraska has WR, QB, RB, OL, DE, DL, DB. All has talent that could play their way to next years boards.

No you said 4...I was agreeing with you. I agree both teams have guys who could play their way in that group. Good list

Reactions: leodisflowers
Nebraska is the more talented team.

I also never once said they weren't...I listed two position groups they have an advantage at, that leaves a whole lot that they don't have an advantage at...my entire point(s) in posting in here is that I believe CU is going to be a harder game than some of our fans do...I hope I'm wrong and we bash the shit out of them.

I hope you're right and was surprised you didn't mention him...but I think he came back because the NFL didn't give him a very warm and fuzzy feeling about his prospects, but I agree with you in that he could play himself into a later round

I was under the impression he was draft eligible last year...if i'm wrong on that then my bad
Perhaps, he played out of position at tackle while with ASU. Now he is entering his second year at center. Again, not saying he will be drafted, just that with a good year, as a center, he could be on the list.

Yep, and a bunch of the youngsters on D are going to have a shot to get drafted as well. Guys like Lenhardt, Davis, Pricewill, etc. If they continue to work hard, they could get drafted. I am curious to see how Butler looks as well. If he keeps some of his speed with his new beefed up body, he is going to have a shot after next year as well. The roster is starting to get back to where it needs to be. Still need to keep building it, but the fact we are talking about 5+ guys is a huge change from where we seemed to have been during this horrible period.
Good point with regards to the talent on this team being younger and possibly not even draft eligible this year.

I also never once said they weren't...I listed two position groups they have an advantage at, that leaves a whole lot that they don't have an advantage at...my entire point(s) in posting in here is that I believe CU is going to be a harder game than some of our fans do...I hope I'm wrong and we bash the shit out of them.
I agree with this. Like coach Rhule has mentioned. We are a 5 win team until proven otherwise. I think a lot of people are riding the wave of the DR factor. But he will be a true freshman. He has all the tools but more often than not QBs are not ready for CFB right away. I expect more close games with being on the wrong side of the W/L column more often than not. Again like coach said until I see otherwise.

I agree with this. Like coach Rhule has mentioned. We are a 5 win team until proven otherwise. I think a lot of people are riding the wave of the DR factor. But he will be a true freshman. He has all the tools but more often than not QBs are not ready for CFB right away. I expect more close games with being on the wrong side of the W/L column more often than not. Again like coach said until I see otherwise.
The way I look at it is we were in a bunch of games last year and managed to win 5, despite the horrific amount of turnovers. Wide receiver room is clearly better. TE room more experienced. OL TBD. Rb should be better. So, so what if DR has a freshman learning curve? It might cost us a game but I think the decision making and playmaking will way offset that.

The way I look at it is we were in a bunch of games last year and managed to win 5, despite the horrific amount of turnovers. Wide receiver room is clearly better. TE room more experienced. OL TBD. Rb should be better. So, so what if DR has a freshman learning curve? It might cost us a game but I think the decision making and playmaking will way offset that.
Anyone who doesn't think the QB play will be better this year over last is just looking for reasons to be negative. A raw Raiola is better than a raw Haarberg was last year.

Anyone who doesn't think the QB play will be better this year over last is just looking for reasons to be negative. A raw Raiola is better than a raw Haarberg was last year.
Going to be so fun to watch this unfold. Eventually all of America will be tuning in to watch him. All the reporters and analysts already know. They will be tuning in from game 1.

Happy Gilmore Win GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT