ADVERTISEMENT

This guy likes his house and ain't leaving

I don't condone what he's doing by any stretch but look at sum of the things we've seen in the last few weeks....we can hardly blame people for doing this because we're telling people it's OK to ignore laws and vandalize things and squat anywhere your heart desires...our politicians are actually condoning it, so it's only natural some people are going to do it. I can make the argument this guy is a visionary for starting two years early.

I don't condone what he's doing by any stretch but look at sum of the things we've seen in the last few weeks....we can hardly blame people for doing this because we're telling people it's OK to ignore laws and vandalize things and squat anywhere your heart desires...our politicians are actually condoning it, so it's only natural some people are going to do it. I can make the argument this guy is a visionary for starting two years early.
That would probably carry more water if he hadn't moved into the house 2+ years ago. He didn't react to lockdowns, protests, vandalism or lawlessness - he's just an asshole.

That would probably carry more water if he hadn't moved into the house 2+ years ago. He didn't react to lockdowns, protests, vandalism or lawlessness - he's just an asshole.

Hence the "Visionary" last sentence....I think we should retroactive his squat, we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings now do we?

Reactions: WHCSC
Interesting, that's exactly how I've felt about all the people rioting and vandalizing their towns the last few weeks. How about that? Some common ground. Sweet.
Not arguing otherwise. But nothing those people do is going to make this guy any less of a disgusting, bottom-feeding jackwad.

And good for the local official for trying to do something about it. The neighbors shouldn't suffer just because the banks involved can't muster enough interest to keep the property from going straight into the crapper.

Not condoning what he did but he does have an argument that the bank abandoned the house if they haven't been paying taxes on it. I have family in Nebraska that took over ownership of properties by paying the back taxes on abandoned property. Of course they did it to make improvements on the lots.

Not condoning what he did but he does have an argument that the bank abandoned the house if they haven't been paying taxes on it. I have family in Nebraska that took over ownership of properties by paying the back taxes on abandoned property. Of course they did it to make improvements on the lots.

The part that sucks about this, is we about had to deal with this when we were moving. We had moved and already bought another house. Our house was on the market and empty and there was a house down the street in the same boat. Some squatters got into their house and they paid about 20K in legal fees just to get these damn freeloaders out. It's BS and can hurt people really bad. We were lucky they picked that house instead of ours. Literally like 4 houses down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT