ADVERTISEMENT

The Elephant in the room

mavsker

Sophomore
Jun 12, 2020
gbr tbh imo nfm
Are we going to address the elephant in the room here regarding scholarships limits? we have to get down to 85 scholarship players by time august rolls around, by my count we are at 91 I think, by my math that means we will need to lose one a month every month for the next six months just to meet the 85 limit. am I the only one worried about this, have we ever been so far over before?
and, what happens if august 1 comes around and we are at, say, for the sake of discussion 87.

Are we going to address the elephant in the room here regarding scholarships limits? we have to get down to 85 scholarship players by time august rolls around, by my count we are at 91 I think, by my math that means we will need to lose one a month every month for the next six months just to meet the 85 limit. am I the only one worried about this, have we ever been so far over before?
and, what happens if august 1 comes around and we are at, say, for the sake of discussion 87.
People need to stop worrying about scholarship limits. The transfer portal will take care of it.,

#MathExpert

If you have read the articles they have explained the numbers so I guess my answer is No. I’m not concerned

The new era is load up on as many as you can to foster the competition, then process those left behind, while still balancing some time allowance for younger players to develop.

There’s always risk of losing some guys you don’t want to lose also, but at least leaves you more prepared to adjust with the extra players on the roster.

The real elephant for me is how are we gonna be in the trenches.
It’s all about the LOS

They will be handing out 6 County Scholarships.

Reactions: mavsker and cubsker
we going to address the elephant in the room here regarding scholarships limits? we have to get down to 85 scholarship players by time august rolls around, by my count we are at 91 I think, by my math that means we will need to lose one a month every month for the next six months just to meet the 85 limit. am I the only one worried about this, have we ever been so far over before?
tenor.gif

Just relax and don't worry about this, take a chill pill. Frost has everything under control so you don't need to worry. Just trust in the coaches to know what they are doing and life will be much happier for you.

The elephant in that room is our basketball win streak. It’s like a no hitter in baseball, everyone knows it’s happening but is afraid to talk about it.

We are at 90:

Logan Smothers
Markese Stepp
Michael Lynn
Alex Conn
Tyreke Johnson

We will be at 85

We are at 90:

Logan Smothers
Markese Stepp
Michael Lynn
Alex Conn
Tyreke Johnson

We will be at 85
Although I wouldn't agree with your specific list necessarily, everybody knows there will be attrition from the WR and RB ranks at a minimum. I'd say probably two each just from those rosters. And throw in a QB because we all know most QBs aren't satisfied with bench duty after the pecking order shakes out. That's just offense, then there's defense on top of those five which surely will have a couple more players as well.

So not only will we not have a problem, there will likely be room to bring in another player or two from the portal.

After a handful of spring practices there will be enough guys that don’t like their spot on the depth chart that we should clear that number easily.

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that if Nebraska ends up with too many scholarships, Kevin Warren has appointed Iowa as the team that gets to decide which two players we lose. Odds on favorites are Prochazka and Benhart.

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
Have you been asleep for the last year? In this transfer portal environment you think there will be any issue with at LEAST 6 out of 91 players leaving the team before August? I don't. Not worried at all. And I'm pretty sure we'll add a couple more new players before then.

Jeezus yore a newbie OP, we have given out surplus schollys to walk ons for at least the last 15 seasons in a row… pull yore head out for cryin out loud. It’s a non issue

Spring practice will take care of the elephant in the room. Going to lose (at least) two RB's, probably a QB and most likely several DB's. They'll be under 85 with room to either add a couple more transfers or reward some walkons.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that if Nebraska ends up with too many scholarships, Kevin Warren has appointed Iowa as the team that gets to decide which two players we lose. Odds on favorites are Prochazka and Benhart.
They can have Benhart.

Spring practice will take care of the elephant in the room. Going to lose (at least) two RB's, probably a QB and most likely several DB's. They'll be under 85 with room to either add a couple more transfers or reward some walkons.
WRs

Although I wouldn't agree with your specific list necessarily, everybody knows there will be attrition from the WR and RB ranks at a minimum. I'd say probably two each just from those rosters. And throw in a QB because we all know most QBs aren't satisfied with bench duty after the pecking order shakes out. That's just offense, then there's defense on top of those five which surely will have a couple more players as well.

So not only will we not have a problem, there will likely be room to bring in another player or two from the portal.
funny part is none of our QB's who decide to transfer after spring are good enough to win a starting position anywhere this fall so they might as well just stay put and see what happens during the season. There could be injuries that would allow playing time. I always look at OSU where the 3rd string QB won them the National Championship

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT