Stanford Locker Room?

Jenna Gray is from Kansas.
Kathryn Plummer is from California.
Holly Campbell is from Texas.
Tami Alade is from Alberta.
Morgan Hentz is from Kentucky.
Audriana Fitzmorris is from Kansas.
Sidney Wilson is from Ontario.
Cook needs to maintain that 500 mile radius dag gummit.

Reactions: 9and4
This thread is a waste.

Football signing day can't come soon enough.
Hell man that's just two days . Why not piss and moan about other things until spring ball? I enjoy it I really do. Moved out of the state in 2000 and the longer I am gone the less I understand why people think the way they do. I like hearing different views

Back on topic... the problem I had with the whiteboard is simply this. Respect. Show respect to your opponents. If you put this on a whiteboard in a private setting, fine. But don’t let it see the light of day.

It’s classless to me and I would say the same thing if it was in the husker locker room disparaging Stanford. Keep it private. Tweet a different celebratory picture. Erase the whiteboard before snapping the photo. I don’t care. But if you let it see he light of day, expect some backlash.

I get it that a lot of you are fine with it. Fair enough. But the above is why it bothers me.

Back on topic... the problem I had with the whiteboard is simply this. Respect. Show respect to your opponents. If you put this on a whiteboard in a private setting, fine. But don’t let it see the light of day.

It’s classless to me and I would say the same thing if it was in the husker locker room disparaging Stanford. Keep it private. Tweet a different celebratory picture. Erase the whiteboard before snapping the photo. I don’t care. But if you let it see he light of day, expect some backlash.

I get it that a lot of you are fine with it. Fair enough. But the above is why it bothers me.

The original tweet was actually sent out by NCAA volleyball. Winking

The white board was done by one of the most politically correct universities,had Nebraska done something with the Stanford mascot on a white board with something that looks like a gun( yes I know it's a hair dryer) and flipping the bird. We would have been ridiculed badly. Or even worse, I could see these do Gooder going after coach cook
So the "University" made that drawing? I thought it was some players or student managers?

I'm assuming Nebraska is labeled more as a non-politically correct school? If so, why are many so upset with this?

The original tweet was actually sent out by NCAA volleyball. Winking
Then my stance changes a bit. For some reason I assumed it was Stanford sending this out. But if the ncaa sent it out, then I’m not triggered too much. In fact, it’s too bad that what was done in private didn’t stay private.

Reactions: jeff v4
We would have been ridiculed badly. Or even worse, I could see these do Gooder going after coach cook
Yeah that wouldn't happen. The far left (antifa) can be really bad, but this is hyperbole.

Then my stance changes a bit. For some reason I assumed it was Stanford sending this out. But if the ncaa sent it out, then I’m not triggered too much. In fact, it’s too bad that what was done in private didn’t stay private.
You and Wyldcard had it right the first time. Who posted this doesnt change it.

Have some f-ing class.

Thats it. Its not about snowflakes, or California, or whatever.

Have some class and respect your opponent.

I’m definitely not a snowflake and this doesn’t offend me but I agree with this. The good for me but not for thee Standord and Cal types are the worst offenders when it comes to this sort of stuff. If Lincoln did this then Nebraska would be labeled as a bunch of back woods knuckledraggers who support the KKK...
You forgotten to mention moos and cook would have to go!!! Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Stanford being Stanford, especially mascot and matching band. Not a hotbead of sportsmanship over in Palo Alto.

Stanford prides itself on being oh so different and cool. Above everyone else. My spouse is from Menlo Park so I've had to deal with Stanford for decades. Even my FIL, who was a prof at Stanford, considers a lot of the students as a bunch of spoiled rich kids.

I hate Stanford. My daughters friend had dreamed all of his life of going to Stanford. Great athlete, volunteered, just a good kid. Got a perfect 36 on his ACT, had everything a great Stanford applicant should have..... except he was a WHITE MALE. Another mutual friend who was a white female scored a 30 & got in, weird. F Stanford, they are a bunch of racists, sexist, bigots.

Stanford was fortunate to win, breaks went their way in the final set. The drawing of Herbie Husker was spot on, however. A tree for a mascot, now that's hilarious.
It was fantastic artistic ability. Anything is fantastic since I am only good at hangman

Reactions: saluno22
I hate Stanford. My daughters friend had dreamed all of his life of going to Stanford. Great athlete, volunteered, just a good kid. Got a perfect 36 on his ACT, had everything a great Stanford applicant should have..... except he was a WHITE MALE. Another mutual friend who was a white female scored a 30 & got in, weird. F Stanford, they are a bunch of racists, sexist, bigots.
My son applied there for his master's degree in physics. I told him don't get your hopes up. Midwesterner, white, male, conservative, military. = SCREWED

You and Wyldcard had it right the first time. Who posted this doesnt change it.

Have some f-ing class.

Thats it. Its not about snowflakes, or California, or whatever.

Have some class and respect your opponent.
I don’t disagree. It was definitely classless. But it was also not intended to be seen by the world either.

Still classless, but I blame the ncaa for tweeting it.

If we were playing Texas and that was Bevo, would you care?
If you’re answering me, honestly, probably not. But then again, I don’t much care about Texas.

It’s true that because it involved my huskers I’m more sensitive. But if we did something like that to Texas, I would have a problem.

I mentioned in another thread that it bothered me that opposing teams’ bands would yell before a husker player would serve... we didn’t do that in the matches I saw. Until last night. We did it against Stanford, and I didn’t like it.

Last edited:
PJournalJohnnie3.jpg

Peeling back caps. I'm not offended.

If that had been us that drew that up and got caught, we'd be a state full of racists, but since its the other way around, we're a state full of whiny racists. Hmmm, not sure which one I enjoy more. Oh well, coming from the state of do as I say, not as I do its very predictable.

El Palo Alto. Tall tree. Symbol for the city of Palo Alto and symbol on everything Stanford. Tree not official but the only mascot you'll likely see at sporting events. Stanford was built on land owned by Leland Stanford. Stanford University still owns a ton of land which is leased/rented out by the Stanford Shopping Center and various other businesses $$$$

It's a beautiful campus in a very expensive area.

Reactions: saluno22
The white board was done by one of the most politically correct universities,had Nebraska done something with the Stanford mascot on a white board with something that looks like a gun( yes I know it's a hair dryer) and flipping the bird. We would have been ridiculed badly. Or even worse, I could see these do Gooder going after coach cook
Good grief, I hate this being offended/apologizing BS. They drew something on their board to motivate their players. So what???

So Stanford is a “politically correct” university? Just shows you how much BS all this “talk” is at the end of the day.

Well, I certainly never drew anything childish or in poor taste when I was in college. On everyone's white boards. While wasted. At like 3 a.m. Repeatedly.
In my fraternity, they appreciated a living cancas over a whiteboard.

Whenever girls would pass out drunk, some of the guys would draw dicks on their face in permanent marker. Rough crowd.

Classless? Yes, no doubt. Big deal? Not really. There are a lot of things done and said inside locker rooms that are never meant for the outside world/public to see. Been that way forever.

The world is not out to get you.
I love how some just *know* Nebraska would be national news and labeled racists, sexists, misogynists, etc if we had done this to Stanford.

Really their reaction would probably be the same as ours and receive the same media attention. Which is none outside of local news.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT