ADVERTISEMENT

So when Frost is fired in about 6 weeks

In theory he won't have to do anything. He can retire to Scottsdale be a dad and play golf.

He will go be an OC somewhere at a school nobody cares about. His career as a HC at the P5 level is over once fired.

I sure hope the next guy actually tries to recruit and not spam out 500+ offers to try and put a class together. Actually recruit to a system.

Reactions: BleedRed78
That’s what I think he will do. Or fish and hunt.

And good for him. I mean fvck him and his onside kick. But all I really want to to golf, fish, and hunt so I couldn't be mad if that what he does starting October 2nd.

Someone will pick him up as an assistant. I mean, Lane freaking Kiffin stuck around and is a HC again. Think about that!
Lane never had his reputation thoroughly trashed in his home state where he was formerly a hero. And Lane is a better coach.

I think Frost will want to drop out of the public’s view. Maybe being an OC at G5 school does that. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he chooses to just enjoy his life with the money he’s collected.

Lane never had his reputation thoroughly trashed in his home state where he was formerly a hero. And Lane is a better coach.

I think Frost will want to drop out of the public’s view. Maybe being an OC at G5 school does that. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he chooses to just enjoy his life with the money he’s collected.
Lane worked as an assistant for one of the best coaches and learned a few things about coaching.

Could be but I doubt it. Guys like Frost (and just about every other coach out there) are Alphas and just don't walk away very often. Just my $.02
I would bet that if Frost is ousted, he'll find himself as a 'consultant' for Saban (Saban likes to do that), then after a year or two transition to a position coach somewhere. After that he'll move up the ladder again.

He will go be an OC somewhere at a school nobody cares about. His career as a HC at the P5 level is over once fired.

I sure hope the next guy actually tries to recruit and not spam out 500+ offers to try and put a class together. Actually recruit to a system.

As an Iowa fan, I would like to see him hired as either quarterbacks coach and/or OC, based on his past performance at Oregon and elsewhere. I think he would be a huge upgrade over what we have right now. (actually, Brian Ferentz is my 2nd choice for both positions. Everyone else on the planet ties for my 1st choice.)

these represent one fan's opinion and are not necessarily the official or unofficial policy of the Iowa fanbase, however.

Reactions: FlintTown

His ego won't allow it.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Frost will have a number of job offers when he is fired. There are a hundred schools in FBS and plenty of them will be looking for coordinators or head coaches at the end of the year. A UCF-type program would be thrilled to have a guy like Frost who has won at their level, and coached at a big program like Nebraska.

You can count on one hand the number of coaches who have been able to build championship programs consistently, which means most programs have to take a chance on someone who has not done that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT