ADVERTISEMENT

Skers Now 2.5 point Favorites on Black Friday

Are you here making up reasons for an Iowa loss 6 days ahead of the game? No confidence in your team ???

Anyone who says Iowa has nothing to play for is either fooling themselves or an idiot. All Iowa EVER needed was to see that N on the side of a helmet to switch to kill mode. After last year trust me it'll be even more incentive. Iowa will show up to kick the shit out Nebraska. Whether they do it or not remains to be seen but they absolutely will give their all trying.

Holla

Apparently Nebraska fans care..Let’s stop this charade that we don’t care about this game..
Kong's philosophy is if you don't care, then it doesn't matter if you lose or if the opponent has more success. It's a self-defense mechanism developed after years of being disappointed by losing football. As an Iowa fan I will admit that even though this game means very little to Iowa's season given that the West was clinched last week, the end of the season will feel pretty lousy from a fan perspective should Iowa lose this game. I know that I, along with all Iowa fans would derive great joy from the Hawks beating Nebraska this Friday. Good luck and Go Hawks!

• Love
Reactions: Biggus Blockus
Kong's philosophy is if you don't care, then it doesn't matter if you lose or if the opponent has more success. It's a self-defense mechanism developed after years of being disappointed by losing football. As an Iowa fan I will admit that even though this game means very little to Iowa's season given that the West was clinched last week, the end of the season will feel pretty lousy from a fan perspective should Iowa lose this game. I know that I, along with all Iowa fans would derive great joy from the Hawks beating Nebraska this Friday. Good luck and Go Hawks!
Agreed. I think most Iowa fans really want this one, myself included. However, it is the third most important game on Iowa's remaining schedule. That said, realistically it is probably the best opportunity for that 10th W.

So you are saying that since they added more teams to the Big Ten and the conference went to divisions, Iowa isn’t playing conference foes as much as they did before? Groundbreaking research there, Scarlet.
Is that your lame answer or excuse for only playing Ohio St 3 times….

Don’t have to do much research I‘ve know all along..

it's worse than i thought. look at this hilarious fanfiction. a story that definitely happened and everybody clapped for afterwards

86oid4.jpg
Haha! This is awesome!

100 dollars says that the two "Husker fans" were actually undercover Iowa fans pretending to be Husker fans and just took it from the post boards to the Hy Vee parking lot.

"Hey, Clem, I got an idea, you know how we got them Nebbers fooled on the old Rivals site, you know how they think we is both real big red fans, well, how about we go outside and try it for reals!"

Reactions: BleedRed78
And Huskers dream of it...
No, that is the thing. Think of it like this.

When I jerk off, I think of hot ass girls not 4's (Iowa) and 5's (Still Iowa), you guys jerk off thinking of mediocre girls, which is okay I guess, in the end it is all the same result, it just seems odd you would not dream bigger.

Haha! This is awesome!

100 dollars says that the two "Husker fans" were actually undercover Iowa fans pretending to be Husker fans and just took it from the post boards to the Hy Vee parking lot.

"Hey, Clem, I got an idea, you know how we got them Nebbers fooled on the old Rivals site, you know how they think we is both real big red fans, well, how about we go outside and try it for reals!"
it's a soft person's idea of how a confrontational conversation would go

No, that is the thing. Think of it like this.

When I jerk off, I think of hot ass girls not 4's (Iowa) and 5's (Still Iowa), you guys jerk off thinking of mediocre girls, which is okay I guess, in the end it is all the same result, it just seems odd you would not dream bigger.
I shouldn't, but I'm going to help you out with a logical problem with your analogy. I think your argument should be that Iowa likes having sex with mediocre looking girls, while Nebraska likes to jerk off thinking about 10s from the 90s such as Cindy Crawford (admittedly used to be hot).

I shouldn't, but I'm going to help you out with a logical problem with your analogy. I think your argument should be that Iowa likes having sex with mediocre looking girls, while Nebraska likes to jerk off thinking about 10s from the 90s such as Cindy Crawford (admittedly used to be hot).
that's actually pretty funny

Reactions: BC Hawk
Zero chance we win by 10! I think Nebraska wins to be honest!
Iowa is averaging around 18 points a game. Nebraska is similar. However NU can't score points against any defense with a pulse. And your defense has much more than just a pulse. Neb will not score more than 7-10 points in this game. I say Iowa is right around 24. Nebraska is on a skid and it appears that the check in has begun for some of these guys. Our defense is the bright spot....but with that said, they have been prone to let downs when we most needed a stop. I just don't see us fighting this game to the finish line if our offense has no hope of moving the ball.

21-7... Maybe 24-10. Huskers left with another "Maybe next year we can go to a bowl." Moment.

• Haha
What makes you say this team has checked it in? They didn’t look like that Saturday at all.
When we needed to make plays in OT we didn't. In each of our last 4 losses we have had nut check moments and we have been found wanting each time. This team is not capable of finishing a game....I think the final moments of this last game in particular had a feeling of quit or at the very least a disbelief in the fact that we can win this game.

Maybe checked it in is a bit of reach, but it certainly feels like the defense in particular has gotten to a point of exhaustion trying to carry this pathetic offense.

Is that your lame answer or excuse for only playing Ohio St 3 times….

Don’t have to do much research I‘ve know all along..
Lol, so you think that someone at Iowa (a school “milking” OSU and Michigan, according to other posters here, and likely not very important in the conference) is somehow pulling strings - maybe slipping a couple bucks to the conference schedule makers - to keep them from playing the old Big Two (which again, are in another division)?

You’re a f*cking child with no understanding of how anything actually works. Grow up.

Before divisional play and adding Nebraska, Rutgers, and Maryland, Iowa played OSU 24 times in the thirty years prior. Same goes for Michigan. Since Nebraska joined, we’ve only played Michigan 7 times, going 3-4 against them. Should’ve played them in 2020. Look into that one. I’ll give you a hint; it wasn’t anyone at Iowa trying to get out of that game.

Lol, so you think that someone at Iowa (a school “milking” OSU and Michigan, according to other posters here, and likely not very important in the conference) is somehow pulling strings - maybe slipping a couple bucks to the conference schedule makers - to keep them from playing the old Big Two (which again, are in another division)?

You’re a f*cking child with no understanding of how anything actually works. Grow up.

Before divisional play and adding Nebraska, Rutgers, and Maryland, Iowa played OSU 24 times in the thirty years prior. Same goes for Michigan. Since Nebraska joined, we’ve only played Michigan 7 times, going 3-4 against them. Should’ve played them in 2020. Look into that one. I’ll give you a hint; it wasn’t anyone at Iowa trying to get out of that game.
And, @scarletred , Iowa has played Penn State 9 times to your 4 times since 2011.

Iowa has played OSU 3 times since 2011, true. UNL has played them 7 times.

Iowa and Nebraska have each played Michigan 7 times, and like I said Michigan dodged Iowa in 2020. We’ve played the big three in the east more than Nebraska has.

clearly not the first time you've screeched this essay

Don’t put words in my mouth doofus because of Kong, and Nebraska is opposite divisions just like Ioway this has nothing to do with the original Big 10.

Nebraska has played Bucknuts 8 times and has played Michigan 6 times and would have played them 4 more while you play Rutgers 4 more times till USC and UCLA joined, yes 2020 was Covid year and the pussie commissioner didn’t want to play a full football schedule like the SEC, ACC and Big 12..

And, @scarletred , Iowa has played Penn State 9 times to your 4 times since 2011.

Iowa has played OSU 3 times since 2011, true. UNL has played them 7 times.

Iowa and Nebraska have each played Michigan 7 times, and like I said Michigan dodged Iowa in 2020. We’ve played the big three in the east more than Nebraska has.
No we’ve played Ohio St 8 times to your 3..Nebraska has played Penn St 5 times

Sparty has played us 8 times they have been in more CCG than Penn St..

You suck at this.

Last edited:
clearly not the first time you've screeched this essay
Actually it is. No other Big Ten fanbase doesn’t understand how Big Ten scheduling works like Nebraska’s.

I know how impressive it must be for you UNL grads to see so many polysyllabic words strung together, but it’s something the rest of us can do with some regularity. (That means it happens often, ie “Nebraska misses bowl games with regularity.” or “Nebraska’s head coaches underachieve and are run out of town with big payouts with regularity.”

• Haha
Actually it is. No other Big Ten fanbase doesn’t understand how Big Ten scheduling works like Nebraska’s.

I know how impressive it must be for you UNL grads to see so many polysyllabic words strung together, but it’s something the rest of us can do with some regularity. (That means it happens often, ie “Nebraska misses bowl games with regularity.” or “Nebraska’s head coaches underachieve and are run out of town with big payouts with regularity.”
that's nice honey.

unfortunately, you went and got your feelings hurt and just sound like a bitter ex-gf now. you were doing pretty well earlier. bring back that energy, it was fun.

you play Rutgers 4 more times till USC and UCLA joined, yes 2020 was Covid year and the pussie commissioner didn’t want to play a full football schedule like the SEC, ACC and Big 12..
lol, Iowa has played Rutgers 4 times since 2014. Nebraska has played them 5 times. You can’t make this stuff up. Should hawks fans cry about how you get such an easy schedule?

And here you go. I know it’ll take a while to blow the dust off some old VHS tapes from the 90’s and digitally convert the film for your rebuttal. Here’s Iowa taking care of business against some top 5 teams in the last few years.

till USC and UCLA joined,

USC you say? I’m shivering in me Timbers.

• Love
Reactions: Biggus Blockus
Idiot doesn’t get Nebraska was playing and going to play Michigan from 2021-2025, while the B1G handed them Rutgers from 2021-2015..
who cares?

life isn't fair. neither is college football.

fact is this conference sucks ass up and down & nobody ever wins shit regardless of schedule

I wish we played pennst/ohiost/michigan every year. the other teams are boring as hell & playing them is meaningless.

Reactions: K_Y_E
Iowa did not play Rutgers in 2021. It did play Michigan though. Also, “2021-2015?” Idiot.
Idiot, those were the cross over games B1G gave. So it was 2022-2025..
And no you didn’t play in the regular season you dufuss, you don’t count the CCG in which you were woodshed..

Which still means we would have played Michigan 5 straight years..

YOU don’t count the CCG (because it’s so wildly out of the question that you’d ever make it there.)
Enjoy it you won’t ever get back there ever again in the new 18 team conference and this time it may be worse than the last 42-3..

Again you must be so proud of a program in which their 3 biggest wins to show for it were 2 Rose Bowls and one Orange Bowl as major accomplishments..👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Anyone who says Iowa has nothing to play for is either fooling themselves or an idiot. All Iowa EVER needed was to see that N on the side of a helmet to switch to kill mode. After last year trust me it'll be even more incentive. Iowa will show up to kick the shit out Nebraska. Whether they do it or not remains to be seen but they absolutely will give their all trying.

Holla
Iowa coaches and players would love to win this game, and they will try their best within reason.

Iowa won’t make the CFP, Iowa won’t make the rose bowl. It’s likely severely ding’d up players will get the week off. And the vanilla scheme will be even for vanilla this week. Any plays they have been saving all season for sure won’t be brought out on this game reguardless of situation.

As an Iowa fan I honestly could care less if we win or lose this one. Last year was entirely different. But this year, accomplished what I hoped for. We go take our beat down in the BTC game. And then I would like to win the bowl game.

Honestly would prefer bowl win over Nebraska win. Even though bowl wins mean nothing it does help the B10 look good as a conference.

• Haha
Reactions: kakdawg
Playing Nebraska is the single most important game to iowa fans and the harder they argue against it and deny it, the more it’s obviously the truth. They are classless trash when it comes to husker football.
As an Iowa fan for me personally. #1 Wisconsin. #2 minnesota #3 Nebraska #4 Iowa state.

2,3,4 can flip depending on quality of team at the time. But Wisconsin has been #1 for a long long time.

Personally living in MN, likely leans gophers heavier than others. But to be honest Nebraska comes in 3rd or 4th on Iowa fans most hated list.

Early on we never expected to win and didn’t win much. Then we came to new era where we have won a lot but it never really mattered much.

I think it can become a dynamite rivalry where big implications are on the line. But for the most part over 15 years it’s never been close to that. Just a border rival,

Iowa coaches and players would love to win this game, and they will try their best within reason.

Iowa won’t make the CFP, Iowa won’t make the rose bowl. It’s likely severely ding’d up players will get the week off. And the vanilla scheme will be even for vanilla this week. Any plays they have been saving all season for sure won’t be brought out on this game reguardless of situation.

As an Iowa fan I honestly could care less if we win or lose this one. Last year was entirely different. But this year, accomplished what I hoped for. We go take our beat down in the BTC game. And then I would like to win the bowl game.

Honestly would prefer bowl win over Nebraska win. Even though bowl wins mean nothing it does help the B10 look good as a conference.

I don't believe one bit of that. Save that BS for somebody who doesn't know better. Iowa ain't saving shit lol. They coming to win this game and they ain't "resting" nobody.

Holla

The Herkoffs are hilarious. Already pre-loading excuses. Can you imagine being 9-2 and worrying about a shitty 5-6 Nebraska team.

It took me a minute but that's EXACTLY what all the downplaying is about . Hilarious to say the least. Funny thing is I don't even think we will win the game but Iowa fans sure are worried about it ..that alone makes me lol

Holla

It took me a minute but that's EXACTLY what all the downplaying is about . Hilarious to say the least. Funny thing is I don't even think we will win the game but Iowa fans sure are worried about it ..that alone makes me lol

Holla
I agree. I don’t think we will win, but it will be close which is really funny. I will laugh my ass off watching their stupid fans cry if we pull it off.

Kong is right. The Big 10 totally sucks except for a few teams. The fact that Nebraska is favored over the Big 10 West champs just proves it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT