ADVERTISEMENT

SI - BO

Except that's not at all what I said. I said he could coach. I made it clear he wasn't a good head coach. And I never mentioned the media. I said his personality and temperament was the problem. So basically, everything you took from my post is incorrect. DC is probably the ideal position for him.

You think? As long as Cally recruits him a Suh each year he will do ok. Why wasn't this defensive genius able to adjust to Wisky in the CCG?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Fitting username for him.
Nah, I'd be cocainehole if I was Carl. Either way, Bo won 9 or 10 every year. Thats an exceedingly elite level of coaching. We would have a natty by now if he was still around. SMH at Eichorst and the Bo-haters. All we have left now is hoping to make a bowl and praying that Wisconsin takes it easy on us. Oh, and talking crap about how we're gonna get Iowa next time.

Reactions: mgbreis
Nah, I'd be cocainehole if I was Carl. Either way, Bo won 9 or 10 every year. Thats an exceedingly elite level of coaching. We would have a natty by now if he was still around. SMH at Eichorst and the Bo-haters. All we have left now is hoping to make a bowl and praying that Wisconsin takes it easy on us. Oh, and talking crap about how we're gonna get Iowa next time.

Lay off the weed.....

Should we put a statue of him in front of Memorial Stadium?

Best coach at Nebraska since Osborne.

I hold him in high regard.

Some of the others, not so much.

I mean, that’s fine and all, but then we might as well throw this into a Fox News comments thread.

With Bo it’s very simple; in the beginning he is good (with other coaches recruits)- after that period and he has to recruit he stinks, period. He simply does not like to recruit

The comparisons between Pelini and Frost are fair at this point because we keep score.

That being said and with the obvious differences in initial talent levels aside, Pelini coached one team with a SOS more difficult than the 2019 team and none with as tough of a schedule as the 2018 team or the projected schedules in 2020 and 2021.

Then there's the whole scope of the build. Pelini was tasked with building a strong team that could win its division. Pelini succeeded, quickly for that matter. Frost is tasked with building a program that is a perennial Top-10 team, a status not even Pelini got to at the end of any season. I guess we'll find out if he gets the program there - he's got seven years left to try.

"If I was a coach that took over a program like Nebraska I would feel like I deserved at least three or four years to fully integrate my philosophies and tactics as a coach and leader." - Scott Frost, 2005

Do people actually think what we’ve seen the last two years or what we’re gonna see next year are better than anything Bo Pelini put out there at Nebraska?
no, and that's not at all what anyone in this thread are saying.

obviously.

the best season of bo's life as a head coach culminated in a conf champ game loss to texas. if that's better than Frost delivers during his tenure, then so be it. many, myself included, think his ceiling is higher. clock's still ticking.

meanwhile, bo's head coaching career is being lowered into a very deep grave, and he's got only the thumb to point as to why.

Reactions: bigboxes
Bo Pelini on Faux Pelini:

“I think it’s ridiculous. There’s an example of somebody who sits behind his computer every day. It just sticks in my craw,” Pelini says. “I don’t think the guy means it that way. It’s funny and some people find it to be funny and I thought it was funny for a while, but after a while, it’s like, you know, I don’t find it funny.”

Great Pelini quote - I hope he never changes, lol.

if
He is where he is, and we are where we are.

Fact he won 9 games a year.

Facts his 9 win seasons were closer to 7 wins than 11. GO back and look at some of the games we sucked out at the end. Mcneese St was a super man play from Ameer for example. There are many others that could have gone in the L column.

Question is the fact that most of Bo's close games became wins and Frost's have been losses, does that make Bo>Frost or just fortunate?

Finding more losses in victories. Great job thr
Bo is not fit to be a Power 5 head coach.
Bo is not fit to be a Power 5 position coach.
Bo is not fit to be a Walmart greeter.
Bo is lucky to be employed, as are most arrogant pricks.

This guy voted for Hillary lol

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Too many people say things or do things that don't really match who they are IMHO.

Every time I hear Bo Pelini speak or read any of his quotes, what he says always matches who he is. What you hear and what you see is exactly what you get!
I agree somewhat. Mature adults learn to be themselves and also control their emotions in professional surroundings...Bo lacked maturity and refused to even work on the worst parts of his character. It’s too bad he couldn’t figure it out.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
I love that Bo was only good with BC's recruits...but yet...had the same results with his own recruits.
I think that’s an indictment of his coaching abilities. He should have been more than just good with the players Callahan left him. He should have at least won a conference title.

Bo had too many glaring holes to take the next step. Great D, no qb. On and on. I'm willing to give Frost the full 7 years to see if he can take the next step. Bo understood you win with D. He didn't understand elite qb recruiting. Frost does and I think it will eventually pay off.

Bo had too many glaring holes to take the next step. Great D, no qb. On and on. I'm willing to give Frost the full 7 years to see if he can take the next step. Bo understood you win with D. He didn't understand elite qb recruiting. Frost does and I think it will eventually pay off.

He didn't understand elite qb recruiting? You might want to go back and look at where Turner, Armstrong, Starling, Stanton, Carnes, and Green were rated in their classes. 5 years in a row we signed a top 11 qb nationally and 2 in one year.

I often wonder how many more wins Bo needed to be well liked by all Husker fans...

I sort of think just 6 more wins makes him loved in the state.

I would guess...

Two games vs Texas
The TT game
The NW game
The ISU game
The OU game

I'm not sure you want to tout that list when talking about elite qb recruiting.........
Thats as impressive of a recruiting list as we have ever seen over a 5 year period. Development, not so much. It was always a faliure of development on Bo's part, not recruiting. We didn't even have a qb coach over his entire tenure. You could make a far better argument against Callahan than against Bo for not placing emphasis on recruiting elite qbs. The best one he brought in was a 2 star nobody in his first year.

Thats as impressive of a recruiting list as we have ever seen over a 5 year period. Development, not so much. It was always a faliure of development on Bo's part, not recruiting. We didn't even have a qb coach over his entire tenure. You could make a far better argument against Callahan than against Bo for not placing emphasis on recruiting elite qbs. The best one he brought in was a 2 star nobody in his first year.
everyone knows not being able to develop anyone is a college football coach's ticket to the top 15!

Reactions: Crazyhole
Did you finally get your eyesight corrected?

I am old and need new glasses, but I still say Taylor was the most exciting player I ever saw.

Think he has the record of most runs over 80 yards. That is the definition of exciting in my book.

Clearly that would have been different from 2016 through 2019 if Bo had been retained. Only a Riley apologist would say otherwise.
clearly. how could it have gone any other way, despite the deluge of evidence to the contrary and all.

yes, it's exceedingly clear the program was in good hands and on the rise under bo. clearly.

clearly. how could it have gone any other way, despite the deluge of evidence to the contrary and all.

yes, it's exceedingly clear the program was in good hands and on the rise under bo. clearly.
absolutely was in a better place under his watch than the basket case we have now

Obviously it was the players not executing the plays. I have no reason to believe that it wouldn't have changed in 2016. That squad could have been a playoff caliber team with Bo at the helm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT