ADVERTISEMENT

SI - BO

awwe.. just because you have no value to add, doesn't mean you get to take it out on others.
extremely ironic coming from the guy who posts the same 3 things over and over while acting like everyone's witness to some grand epiphany.

extremely ironic coming from the guy who posts the same 3 things over and over while acting like everyone's witness to some grand epiphany.
well John, I recognize that people who copy are flattering the original, but you should really find your own skit.. do something original for a change.

Thats as impressive of a recruiting list as we have ever seen over a 5 year period. Development, not so much. It was always a faliure of development on Bo's part, not recruiting. We didn't even have a qb coach over his entire tenure. You could make a far better argument against Callahan than against Bo for not placing emphasis on recruiting elite qbs. The best one he brought in was a 2 star nobody in his first year.

"Elite" Qbs and development? How about talent evaluation.

Luke McCaffrey was rated lower than any of the players on Pelini's list, but played more games at QB (4) in his true freshman season than the number of passes Carnes, Turner, and Starling combined to throw in their college careers (3). That's not a development issue, that's an evaluation issue (and yes, knowing whether or not the guy projects to be a top 5 pick in the MLB Draft is part of the evaluation process).

If he didnt get hurt against misery in his freshman year he would have been a heisman finalist.

Bo would still be here. One of the biggest what ifs for Nebraska football in the last 15 years. He was the definition of electric.

Right behind 8f the Big 12 hadn't cheated and put a second back on the clock.

We could have been back to back conference champions.

And wouid probably still be in the Big 12.

If he didnt get hurt against misery in his freshman year he would have been a heisman finalist.

Bo would still be here. One of the biggest what ifs for Nebraska football in the last 15 years. He was the definition of electric.

But how does he stop Wisconsin from rushing for 700 yards against us? And what happens after he leaves? Defenses figured him out, but he was probably the fastest QB I have ever seen along with Vick.

But how does he stop Wisconsin from rushing for 700 yards against us? And what happens after he leaves? Defenses figured him out, but he was probably the fastest QB I have ever seen along with Vick.
He was probably faster than Vick on a straight line, but Vick had moves while Martinez didn't really have that.

He was hurt for his entire career after Missouri. He couldn’t pass a physical to play in the league. I would say that played more of a factor than defenses “figuring him out”

TM was quick. Everybody remembers that KState game on national television. We were all pumping our fists in the living room on that night. But yes, opponents figured out how to contain him. Ol' arm punt couldn't juke and avoided contact. The opposite of Eric Crouch.

Last edited:
It still boggles my mind that people seem to think TM wasn't that good as a QB or was "figured out" look at his stats...he has one stat that sucks...fumbles.

All his stats got better each year (until senior year when he got hurt), everything went up. All he did was get better each season.

bo6.jpg

Thats as impressive of a recruiting list as we have ever seen over a 5 year period. Development, not so much. It was always a faliure of development on Bo's part, not recruiting. We didn't even have a qb coach over his entire tenure. You could make a far better argument against Callahan than against Bo for not placing emphasis on recruiting elite qbs. The best one he brought in was a 2 star nobody in his first year.
"Elite" Qbs and development? How about talent evaluation.

Luke McCaffrey was rated lower than any of the players on Pelini's list, but played more games at QB (4) in his true freshman season than the number of passes Carnes, Turner, and Starling combined to throw in their college careers (3). That's not a development issue, that's an evaluation issue (and yes, knowing whether or not the guy projects to be a top 5 pick in the MLB Draft is part of the evaluation process).

This. We might have recruited 4 stars but they certainly weren't elite. I seem to remember we weren't exactly battling it out with bama and Oklahoma for these guys either. Wasn't carnes down to USF and western Kentucky? Jamal Turner, great athlete, but didn't we just give him a shot at qb to get him on the team? Did anyone else really recruit him as a qb? Starling wasn't coming so that didn't matter. On and on.

The program was in a better place at the end of the Callahan years than at the end if the Riley years. There was NFL talent in the system for Bo to work with. Bo was better than Riley, but was his own worst enemy with his arrogance. Every time NU played a team with equal or more talent they got blasted.

The program was in a better place at the end of the Callahan years than at the end if the Riley years. There was NFL talent in the system for Bo to work with. Bo was better than Riley, but was his own worst enemy with his arrogance. Every time NU played a team with equal or more talent they got blasted.
I think it's also true that the program was in a better place at the end of the Callahan years that at the end of the Pelini years. Pelini left the cupboard pretty bare.

I will have to disagree with folks that are saying T. Martinez was the faster Husker ever. (40) He was very explosive in the first 20-30 yards and can be included in the conversation but to me was at top speed at that point. Personally I think I would have to go with Fabian Washington per the combine result. A. Green, Jay Sims, Derrick Brown were also very fast and the list goes on.. This discussion could be sorted out if they published and kept Husker Power records like in the old days but now these yahoos won't do that? Ticks me off. Martinez is probably higher in the discussion for the 10 yard dash but I think Niles Paul has that yet? (Husker power does show athletic index and 10 yard dash record holders in different sports) The index though is suspect to me as they tweak the formula throughout the years and does the formula really demonstrate true weight to power scores for comparison ranking? I take it with a grain of salt. Better than nothing I suppose. In researching Tmart's times he had a really good pro day but I think that's hand held and his official combine was 4.41?

Reactions: Crazyhole
I will have to disagree with folks that are saying T. Martinez was the faster Husker ever. (40) He was very explosive in the first 20-30 yards and can be included in the conversation but to me was at top speed at that point. Personally I think I would have to go with Fabian Washington per the combine result. A. Green, Jay Sims, Derrick Brown were also very fast and the list goes on.. This discussion could be sorted out if they published and kept Husker Power records like in the old days but now these yahoos won't do that? Ticks me off. Martinez is probably higher in the discussion for the 10 yard dash but I think Niles Paul has that yet? (Husker power does show athletic index and 10 yard dash record holders in different sports) The index though is suspect to me as they tweak the formula throughout the years and does the formula really demonstrate true weight to power scores for comparison ranking? I take it with a grain of salt. Better than nothing I suppose. In researching Tmart's times he had a really good pro day but I think that's hand held and his official combine was 4.41?
Ahman told one of my friends that Jay Sims was the fastest player on the team one time. I tend to believe that.

bo and Frost have won the exact same amount of meaningful games as coaches at NU: zero

Well I’ll agree to disagree on this..

He has beaten Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St and Iowa not to mention Miami Fl, Georgia and Washington..

So before you argue with me every game played is a meaningful game especially against some quality teams that I mentioned..

Well I’ll agree to disagree on this..

He has beaten Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St and Iowa not to mention Miami Fl, Georgia and Washington..

So before you argue with me every game played is a meaningful game especially against some quality teams that I mentioned..
oh, please. did any of those teams even win 10 games the season bo beat them?

participation trophies are for iowa and, apparently, pelini lovers.

o_O
oh, please. did any of those teams even win 10 games the season bo beat them?

participation trophies are for iowa and, apparently, pelini lovers.

What does how many games they won have to do with it...

Okay what about top10 ranked Missouri.. ohh yea that game didn’t matter either or how about Oklahoma in 2009 another blue blood..

case closed don’t be so negative of winning quality games..o_O

And I have my faults with Bo Bo too.

o_O

What does how many games they won have to do with it...

Okay what about top10 ranked Missouri.. ohh yea that game didn’t matter either or how about Oklahoma in 2009 another blue blood..

case closed don’t be so negative of winning quality games..o_O

And I have my faults with Bo Bo too.
great. congrats. real program-savers.

beating 8-4 teams, regardless of name value, means little.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT