ADVERTISEMENT

SI - BO

great. congrats. real program-savers.

beating 8-4 teams, regardless of name value, means little.

So, having your way by losing to everybody is the same thing? Well, whatever.....
ah yes, we all love to sit around and reminisce about that one time in 2009 we won a regular season game

Well, I'd much rather reminisce about 10 win seasons than 5 win seasons. Is it really that difficult to grasp?

Reactions: scarletred
ah yes, we all love to sit around and reminisce about that one time in 2009 we won a regular season game

A little history lesson.. Osborne always said it’s not the game against a big opponent that you lose the fans remember it’s the one’s your supposed to beat and lose too..

So take that anyway you want to take it but think about it..

So, having your way by losing to everybody is the same thing? Well, whatever.....

Well, I'd much rather reminisce about 10 win seasons than 5 win seasons. Is it really that difficult to grasp?
of course you resort to putting words in my mouth. no, of course I'm not happy with 5 wins, which is why I've never and will never say that.

but I'd rather look to what's hopefully a brighter future ahead than pretend what we had with bo was better than what it really was.

I want better than bo. I hope you do, too. whether it's with Frost or whoever. I'm not happy hanging outback bowl banners like we did with bo.

it's not that difficult to grasp.

Reactions: scarletred
A little history lesson.. Osborne always said it’s not the game against a big opponent that you lose the fans remember it’s the one’s your supposed to beat and lose too..

So take that anyway you want to take it but think about it..
platitudes aside, I'll always remember bo embarrassing every single person associated with our state and once-great program both on the biggest stages and routinely on the sidelines en route to exactly nothing of consequence in the win column.

if you want to remember the pelini era for regular season big 12 wins, feel free. but he left zero legacy worth sharing with future generations. he will be forgotten.

platitudes aside, I'll always remember bo embarrassing every single person associated with our state and once-great program both on the biggest stages and routinely on the sidelines en route to exactly nothing of consequence in the win column.

if you want to remember the pelini era for regular season big 12 wins, feel free. but he left zero legacy worth sharing with future generations. he will be forgotten.

Lol I never said HE would be remembered.. but for now he has won enough qualify games we are begging for at this point and time..

No denying that fact.. Let’s hope we can enjoy some of those wins that you stick your nose up to have a successful season my friend..

Lol I never said HE would be remembered.. but for now he has won enough qualify games we are begging for at this point and time..

No denying that fact.. Let’s hope we can enjoy some of those wins that you stick your nose up to have a successful season my friend..

I'm not begging for them. I expect more than Bo Pelini results. That's why he was fired.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Ahman told one of my friends that Jay Sims was the fastest player on the team one time. I tend to believe that.

I'd say that's a pretty good source. I love little tidbits like that. Going to file that one in my long term Husker memory bank. Thanks.

I'd say that's a pretty good source. I love little tidbits like that. Going to file that one in my long term Husker memory bank. Thanks.
Meh. Its a pretty subjective topic so dismiss it in whatever way you see fit. Anybody that ever saw Jay run in person knows that it probably isn't out of the realm of possibility, so if a guy that roomed next door to him tells me that it does carry a little bit more weight.

Reactions: hedonistimpulse
Meh. Its a pretty subjective topic so dismiss it in whatever way you see fit. Anybody that ever saw Jay run in person knows that it probably isn't out of the realm of possibility, so if a guy that roomed next door to him tells me that it does carry a little bit more weight.

Go to 2:18:00 in the game.

Reactions: WHCSC and NikkiSixx
As far as the original topic I can't help but think of T.O's book MORE THAN WINNING. For me the title says it all, that is how I feel. I want to win but I want to win without being an embarrassment or cheating or by treating people poorly. Got to have some class. Not going to say what or if anything applies to Bo. People will come to their own conclusions and their own opinions. I just think you have to be able to be proud of more than just W's. W's is only part of the equation.

Last edited:

Go to 2:18:00 in the game.

It was a fairly well-known fact during that time. They used to post the testing results in the newspaper and Jay Sims was always #1 in the composite they used, I believe. Vertical jump, 40-yard dash, etc. I can't remember how much he weighed, but he was probably one of the heavier backs and that helped him as they factored weight into things.

ADVERTISEMENT