ADVERTISEMENT

saturdays game venue

huskerbux

Recruiting Coordinator
Aug 24, 2006
Omaha
Purdue game at Werner? Heard Haymarket is a mess and they are looking to move the game. Would be sweet to have it up I-80

I am pretty sure Hawks has been ruled out. The options are being discussed last I heard. I believe Sherman Field is out as it is under water too. TD Ameritrade is out because of the Garth Brooks concerts at the C-Link. If they move it to Werner Park, they have to work around the Storm Chasers as they are in town. Anywhere up to 2 1/2 hours away is an option right now.

I am pretty sure Hawks has been ruled out. The options are being discussed last I heard. I believe Sherman Field is out as it is under water too. TD Ameritrade is out because of the Garth Brooks concerts at the C-Link. If they move it to Werner Park, they have to work around the Storm Chasers as they are in town. Anywhere up to 2 1/2 hours away is an option right now.

Pretty sure the field flooding was the result of the Grand Island Fire Department messing with all the hydrants and wanting to create an ice rink for the women`s curling tournament.

Salt Creek crested overnight and started receding to now being below flood stage, which wasn't expected to happen until this afternoon. As a result, the pumps kicked back on at Hawks Field, so it looks like they may be able to get the games in at Hawks.

Good to hear. As much as I would have liked to see them play up here at Werner (if that was possible), I'm sure the seniors wanted to be able to play the last series uninteruppted at home. Plus, these guys need every chance of consistency they can muster to get into a regional!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT