ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield + Holgorson

zero chance it works

which is why I believe there's zero chance it happens

would be amazing to add Holgorson in any capacity. would be incredible to have him call plays.

I just don't think Rhule will publicly embarrass his friend like that. and I also don't believe Rhule would hire a guy to call plays he's never worked with before unless his hand was forced - which, again, no chance.

zero chance it works

would be amazing to add Holgorson in any capacity. would be incredible to have him call plays.

I just don't think Rhule will publicly embarrass his friend like that. and I also don't believe Rhule would hire a guy to call plays he's never worked with before unless his hand was forced - which, again, no chance.
I think on this we agree. Though having Holgorson on staff would add some dynamics that this year just wanted an option but with more talent infused and another year of development, the offense would be much better and able to compliment the defense.

I have no clue WHAT is going on, other than we don't have any open assistant coaching positions, do we?!

Last edited:
zero chance it works

I was listening to Severe Reaction during the season, and he mentioned that Rhule has demoted Satt from play calling at 2 stops so far. I didn’t confirm that for myself, but thought I heard that on the show.

I have no idea what's going on with this situation, but there is less than a zero % chance Raiola agreed to come here (over Georgia) in order to play under the same coaching model that existed this season that produced Sims', Haarberg's, and Purdy's combined numbers.

zero chance it works

Why would Rhule reach out to Dana if he had no intention of hiring him? He must have some sort of plan to incorporate him into the offensive staff

I have no idea what's going on with this situation, but there is less than a zero % chance Raiola agreed to come here (over Georgia) in order to play under the same coaching model that existed this season that produced Sims', Haarberg's, and Purdy's combined numbers.

Thank God you clarified that for everyone, here I thought our QB’s sucked this past season. Now with your help I realize that we had talented QB’s, it was just that Satt was calling designed QB run plays in which they were instructed to fumble and pass plays in which they were to throw it straight to the DB’s. Thanks for clearing that up, they should hire you because you are clearly an offensive genius.

Why would Rhule reach out to Dana if he had no intention of hiring him? He must have some sort of plan to incorporate him into the offensive staff
hiring him and having him call plays or co-call plays (lol) are two totally different things

Reactions: Huskers123456
Thank God you clarified that for everyone, here I thought our QB’s sucked this past season. Now with your help I realize that we had talented QB’s, it was just that Satt was calling designed QB run plays in which they were instructed to fumble and pass plays in which they were to throw it straight to the DB’s. Thanks for clearing that up, they should hire you because you are clearly an offensive genius.
No offensive genius.

If you think Raiola came here to be coached like the shitshow we had last season, (when he could have picked up the phone and been at virtually any school in the nation) I don't know what to tell you.

I’m not a Satt apologist by any means and would welcome a Holgorson/Satt co-OC partnership, but was Satt really that bad of a play caller or was it the talent at the QB spot? I realize you have to adapt to what you have but with an even average passing attack, I’m wondering if we’re all talking about what an incompetent play caller he was last year

I’m not a Satt apologist by any means and would welcome a Holgorson/Satt co-OC partnership, but was Satt really that bad of a play caller or was it the talent at the QB spot? I realize you have to adapt to what you have but with an even average passing attack, I’m wondering if we’re all talking about what an incompetent play caller he was last year
He may yet suck, but given that he lost an incredible number of starters, the last season is basically a mulligan.

I'm pretty sure Rhule will stick with Satt. The 2023 offense was decimated by injuries & Rhule isn't blaming that on Satt.

He's the same OC that scored 94 points and put up 1,008 yards of total offense combine in back-to-back wins over No. 5 Tennessee and No. 7 Clemson before accepting his position at NU.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I think just about any P5 team( outside of Iowa) would be looking to make changes on staff after finishing 120th out of 130 in total offense in FBS. You can debate continuity all you want, but regardless of circumstances results speak for themselves.
First year didn't go as hoped but Rhule was pretty clear in that he wanted experienced coordinators and young position coaches who can relate to players. Strategy may or may not have helped in having a seemingly very high retention rate.

Reactions: dinglefritz
these types of posts are the exclusive property of the criminally uncreative

hiring him and having him call plays or co-call plays (lol) are two totally different things
I was responding to you previous post. It just sounded like you didn’t believe Rhule would hire Dana because somehow that might embarrass his old friend. Since Rhule must have reached out to him it’s a given that he’s willing to offer him a job which Might somehow step on Satt’s ties.

I was responding to you previous post. It just sounded like you didn’t believe Rhule would hire Dana because somehow that might embarrass his old friend. Since Rhule must have reached out to him it’s a given that he’s willing to offer him a job which Might somehow step on Satt’s ties.
no, I didn't think he'd demote his old friend.

but if he's demoted him at 2 previous stops, maybe he will.

definitely think he's pursuing him, as he should

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT