ADVERTISEMENT

Sacrifice this season ...

... for the future. Play only the best talent for the long-term. Low effort upper-classmen should have played their last game.
Eactly who are those low effort upperclassmen. I don't see em I guess. What I saw was just a bunch of guys who were playing against a highly motivated team full of more talented players who know their system forwards and backwards. We have to recruit better and establish our systems and we'll be fine.

Eactly who are those low effort upperclassmen. I don't see em I guess. What I saw was just a bunch of guys who were playing against a highly motivated team full of more talented players who know their system forwards and backwards. We have to recruit better and establish our systems and we'll be fine.

So the Michigan players that said we quit didn’t know what they’re talking about?

I saw players not giving effort.

After the game last week Frost talked about it.

In the press conference Monday, all the players talked about it.

And after this game, the opposing team talked about it.

There are a bunch of lazy, soft upperclassmen pussies half-a$$ing it in practice and games and in preparation and they should ride the ****ing pine.

So the Michigan players that said we quit didn’t know what they’re talking about?
I didn't say that. I think when things started snowballing we may very well have "quit" to some degree. The bottomline is that Michigan was vastly more talented in their fronts than us and I think we got frustrated. I think we have so little success for the past year and a half that some of these guys just don't have a lot of hope that they can be successful. We have to learn how to win again. Once I saw the kind of quickness and strength MU had in the trenches I knew we were in for a long day. They had a couple of guys on their D line that we absolutely could not block.

There are a bunch of lazy, soft upperclassmen pussies half-a$$ing it in practice and games and in preparation and they should ride the ****ing pine.
IF that is true, then Frost needs to send message with the depth chart and who travels. That's tough to do when we have the holes we have on our depth chart though.

Reactions: mmunso7

Lmao..what game were you watching...it's ok tbh...kids need that every now and then.

Well to tell you the truth I was kind of half assedly watching it after we got down by 3 TDs. We were getting owned in the trenches and I just don't know where you start when the both of the lines are getting blown up by more talented kids. I suspect Young will maybe get replaced. Freedom maybe. Conrad maybe. Beyond that what upperclassmen are we going to sit? Who you going to play instead of those guys. Our O line was trying to block 2 future NFL 1st rounder DLineman so I don't know what to think about what went on there.

Reactions: jeans15

It's not just the upperclassmen. It's the entire team that's playing with poor effort, look like they're in slow motion and making stupid decisions. There's only a few players who are playing well and act like they give a shit and most of them are upperclassmen.

I tell you what, Frost isn't practicing what he's preaching. There is one player who is giving a lot of effort when he sees the field and yet he hardly plays. Deontai Williams is doing everything the coaches say they want their players to do and yet he continues to ride the bench. If they want the players to buy in, maybe they need to have the coaches buy in as well because they've done a piss poor job so far.

Frost also preaches to play without fear of failure. Well he's coaching scared right now and most of the players are playing scared as well. The team takes on the character of their coach, and the team is playing just like they've been coached to do by this staff.

Reactions: anon_f0p8yi74csor0
Why hasn't Frost earned their respect yet?

... for the future. Play only the best talent for the long-term. Low effort upper-classmen should have played their last game.

And who’s exactly is the younger talent? We’re losing by 50 points. You want to play the backups?

What is Frost supposed to do to earn their respect?
Not all players are buying in so I'm assuming it would have something to do with respect.

I don't think Frost has to do anything other than actually bench players who aren't giving 100%.

Not all players are buying in so I'm assuming it would have something to do with respect.

I don't think Frost has to do anything other than actually bench players who aren't giving 100%.

It could be respect, but it could also be loyalty. These things are hard to determine until you bench players, as you said.

We have a lot of bad football players. Bad football players find it hard to give max effort when they are overloaded by the talent of the opponent and the complexity of their game plan. Reminds a lot of the 2004 NU/OU game. Cally made the decision to protect his team from a true drubbing. He ran the ball 40 times, threw it 13 times...the final score was 30-3. He simplified the game plan, gave guys a chance to execute, but it really doesn't matter. Players on overload play slow and without intensity. But just imagine if a guy has been in the system for 4 years, and we have 20 of them on the field...they know the culture, they have been doing the S&C, they have been accountable to each other...that is going to look vastly different.

I don't think we can afford to sacrifice this season. If we don't get at least a few wins he's going to completely lose this team and even next year it will be hard to get them to buy in. I don't think we can really afford to red shirt players either. Guys like Cam Jones, CJ Smith, Breon Dixon, Jurgens, if any of them are at all ready to go this year, they need to play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT