ADVERTISEMENT

rumors about realignment ...

i say that because N was the b8 cornerstone. it got frustrated with what was happening in b12 transition and took the b10 offer. had they not, the conference likely would not have lost missouri to the sec. at this point, it's all conjecture. i get that. hardly worth debating. sorry i brought it up.
Nebraska left 14 years after the Big 12 formed. It was much longer than just the transition. Holy crap.

Missouri had been looking to leave forever. They wanted the Big Ten invite Nebraska got.

I get having revisionist memory of what happened but good gravy man, this whole line of thinking is completely out of wack.

Nebraska left 14 years after the Big 12 formed. It was much longer than just the transition. Holy crap.

Missouri had been looking to leave forever. They wanted the Big Ten invite Nebraska got.

I get having revisionist memory of what happened but good gravy man, this whole line of thinking is completely out of wack.
fourteen years over the history of a membership is not long. and the league was in transition. cu had left beforehand. N was the tipping point. aTm then missouri. it was a mess. all caused in large part by texas. no revisionism. just facts.

Reactions: thall_
i say that because N was the b8 cornerstone. it got frustrated with what was happening in b12 transition and took the b10 offer. had they not, the conference likely would not have lost missouri to the sec. at this point, it's all conjecture. i get that. hardly worth debating. sorry i brought it up.

Nobody here cares. Screw your school and the rest of the gutless pricks that are still left in that pathetic conference from the old big 8. Hopefully you all rot in purgatory.

Nobody here cares. Screw your school and the rest of the gutless pricks that are still left in that pathetic conference from the old big 8. Hopefully you all rot in purgatory.
660px-Graham%27s_Hierarchy_of_Disagreement.svg.png

True. Swing and a miss, the bait you’re using is easily identified and I’m not biting. You amuse me.
I will keep this externalization in mind the next time you play Officer Thought Police.

it's not a "troll attempt", it's a mirror.

I tried.

I will keep this externalization in mind the next time you play Officer Thought Police.

it's not a "troll attempt", it's a mirror.

I tried.
The reason it’s a troll attempt is because you focused on me. People do this all the time in so many threads. But for some reason, I was the one selected by you today. That’s OK, I understand your methods… This is a troll attempt, despite your denial, and it makes me laugh. Keep up the good work officer Kong.

The reason it’s a troll attempt is because you focused on me. People do this all the time in so many threads. But for some reason, I was the one selected by you today. That’s OK, I understand your methods… This is a troll attempt, despite your denial, and it makes me laugh. Keep up the good work officer Kong.
it has nothing to do with you, Tim.

it has everything to do with the two diametrically opposed statements you made, which I quoted.

get over yourself.

telling people to stop squashing opinions/excitement one day, and then squashing opinions/excitement the next is abjectly hilarious. the fact you're making about something other than your blatant hypocrisy is the cherry on top.

own it and get better. or don't. it matters nil to me.

it has nothing to do with you, Tim.

it has everything to do with the two diametrically opposed statements you made, which I quoted.

get over yourself.

telling people to stop squashing opinions/excitement one day, and then squashing opinions/excitement the next is abjectly hilarious. the fact you're making about something other than your blatant hypocrisy is the cherry on top.

own it and get better. or don't. it matters nil to me.
Thanks officer on a message board, have a nice day!

Reactions: mel mains
fourteen years over the history of a membership is not long. and the league was in transition. cu had left beforehand. N was the tipping point. aTm then missouri. it was a mess. all caused in large part by texas. no revisionism. just facts.
Texas threatened to take the B12 south to the PAC10, leaving the B12 north where KU, KSU and ISU find themselves today. They instigated it for leverage, and the rest of the B12 south was complicit. 14 years of history meant nothing.

Where they miscalculated was the willingness of B1G and Pac10 to take advantage of the instability they foolishly and selfishly created. Didn’t work out quite like CU hoped, but it did for NU.

Dude. What is wrong with you? I get that there is no K-State free board on Rivals. I mean, you must have 9 members on the premium board. But no one on this board cares about KSU or Kansas or the Big 12. Nothing that you've posted is being talked about by FSU or Clemson. It's just shitposting. Nebraska is not moving back. The Big 12 is a second tier conference that won't be adding any blueblood schools with the money you'll be getting from renaming it to the Kotex 12.

Let it go. Embrace your mediocrity. The G8 is your future. You will not be getting an invite to the P2. Not now. Not ever.

Dude. What is wrong with you? I get that there is no K-State free board on Rivals. I mean, you must have 9 members on the premium board. But no one on this board cares about KSU or Kansas or the Big 12. Nothing that you've posted is being talked about by FSU or Clemson. It's just shitposting. Nebraska is not moving back. The Big 12 is a second tier conference that won't be adding any blueblood schools with the money you'll be getting from renaming it to the Kotex 12.

Let it go. Embrace your mediocrity. The G8 is your future. You will not be getting an invite to the P2. Not now. Not ever.
despite your diatribe, i trust you realize that's not my graphic/x-post above yours but rather a third party continuance of the thoughts we've been discussing for sometime here, yes, which is also at odds with your no one here cares take?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
People keep ignoring the conditions that would come with the cash infusion, it comes with every Big 12 team signing away their media rights for a very long duration, worse than those currently in the ACC. The people offering the cash infusion are not "dumb money" or doing it for charitable reasons. They expect to make a big profit over time.

Colorado announced they were leaving one day before Nebraska.

Go to their Rivals site and blame their school that officially got the ball rolling.

They only came back to the Big 12 because the Pac 12 crumbled so don’t go there.

Last edited:
People keep ignoring the conditions that would come with the cash infusion, it comes with every Big 12 team signing away their media rights for a very long duration, worse than those currently in the ACC. The people offering the cash infusion are not "dumb money" or doing it for charitable reasons. They expect to make a big profit over time.
The B1G signed its media rights away forever during covid

• Sad
Reactions: NikkiSixx
And if you're going to give it all away to get Clemson fsu and NU, and now the equity firm gets a slice of the pie, that better be 1 heck of a tv deal.

And if someone is willing to pay that then there's still upside value to the sec and b1g.

If it takes a private equity firm to figure it out, then conference leadership should be canned.

Colorado announced they were leaving one day before Nebraska.

Go to their Rivals site and blame their school that officially got the ball rolling.

They only came back to the Big 12 because the Pac 12 crumbled so don’t go there.
why are you rewriting what i wrote?

And if you're going to give it all away to get Clemson fsu and NU, and now the equity firm gets a slice of the pie, that better be 1 heck of a tv deal.

And if someone is willing to pay that then there's still upside value to the sec and b1g.

If it takes a private equity firm to figure it out, then conference leadership should be canned.
1. i'm not sure the b12 would give those three school anything. more likely, they'd buy clemson and fsu out of their acc contracts. then joining the b12 they would greatly increase its media value providing the equity firm growth potential to sell its share at some point down the road.
2. the fundamental here, at least in my mind, is that both the sec and b10 are fully valued already. thus the equity firm sees an opportunity with the b12. that disparity is what's triggering their interest.
3. it takes the equity firm to infuse capital to accomplish #1. conference leadership is using them as a tool to make the conference financially sounder relative to the sec and b10, not unlike a corporation floating stock.

Last edited:
1. i'm not sure the b12 would give those three school anything. more likely, they'd buy clemson and fsu out of their acc contracts. then joining the b12 would greatly increase its media value providing the equity firm growth potential to sell its share at some point down the road.
2. the fundamental here, at least in my mind, is that both the sec and b10 are fully valued already. thus the equity firm sees an opportunity with the b12. that disparity is what's triggering their interest.
3. it takes the equity firm to infuse capital to accomplish #1. conference leadership is using them as a tool to make the conference financially sounder relative to the sec and b10, not unlike a corporation floating stock.
I understand what you are saying as it pertains to the big12.

Let's look at it this way though. Forget school names for this exercise. Let's just say that the sec and b1g are looking to each add 4 schools. That's 8. The big12 is wanting 2 to 4 but let's say 4 to keep it even.

If the big12 loses the big2 in OU and TX, does adding Utah, asu, uofa and cu bring the value back to make up for OU and TX?? You now have 2 more mouths to feed so if it does get back to even, which I doubt those 4 schools move the needle back that far, but now the pot is divided by 16 and not 14.

If the sec, b1g and big12 are all fighting over the same 4 schools, are those 4 schools only worth more to the big12? If those same schools go to the sec or the b1g, those conference values should go up by atleast as much as they would have by going to the big12, no?

Right now I'm sure the sec and the b1g aren't interested in anyone that thins down the mix. They have to move the needle atleast 100 million or it isn't worth it. No one wants to take less. Not going to add schools and have to give up 10-15 million per year. Not in this day and age of now having to pay for past players etc.

Private equity or not, those schools would be worth as much or more to the b1g or sec as they would be to the big12. Only difference is the b1g and the sec don't need the private equity leaches to pull it off.

Now let's put the school names back in. I assume for myself, that North Carolina, Clemson, Florida State and Miami would be the 4 from the ACC that could bring in the most value. You can argue another school possibly and that's fine. That's from the ACC that we're talkling about. So far Clemson and Fsu have been the most vocal about wanting out. Miami a little rumblings and so with nc. We still don't know the penalty (if any) or timeline that the ESPN contract just goes away.

Not sure how the sec schools would feel about some of the acc schools coming in. You know the old "only 1 per state" thing. Well that didn't work so well for ta&m did it? They now have uterus back with them. If it makes financial sense it's probably gonna happen even if a school is a little butt hurt. But does adding those "regional similar" schools help the sec?? Doesn't expand they're reach. Don't need to for recruiting now that they have uterus and sooners. They have the prime recruiting ground already. But does it add more tv sets to make sense. To me it would for the b1g.

But, the b1g has their eyes set on ND imo. Now to get ND, do they have to take Stanford which I believe would be their last "rival" to help solidify?? I know the b1g academia's would be thrilled with that. What about Cal then? Would Stanford say "we'll come but you gotta bring my buddy Cal"?

So in my scenario, the b1g, sec, and big12 are fighting over 6 schools with ND and Stanford to the b1g which would leave 4 acc schools to fight over so to speak. To me, of those 4 schools, the sec would get their pick of the litter. No way that fsu and miami are going to the same conference. The state of Georgia seems to be the hot bed of talent these days. Clemson isn't that much farther from Atlanta than Athens. Georgia is dominating the sec right now. Would SC and the rest of the sec like to see a little competition for Georgia??

Back to Fsu and miami. The sec doesn't need another florida school for recruiting. The b1g would. Of the 2, I would think fsu would be the b1g pick over miami. Which leaves NC. I would think they would be in the cross hairs of the sec. And like I said, I think the sec is going to have their pick because the holy grail for b1g is ND. So to me that leaves Miami for big12. And if that all happens, then it would maybe a collapse of the ACC and Virginia would want a home. Value??

I know you're going to come back and say, " but that private equity firm could buy them". Do you really think that any ACC school who has been fighting tooth and nail to get out of a stupid tv contract that was going to go through 203? , alledgedly, would want to go to another long term situation that they may not be comfortable with? Or would they want to go to a conference where they'll be a partner with stability and has a history of schools wanting in rather than looking for ways to leave. Yes, the big12 got cu back.

Well now I'm feeling like I've rambled enough. Bottom line, for now, the sec and b1g can basically do what they want and can be picky. I hope they stay strong enough and financially sound enough that they don't need private equity leach funds.

whew i'm tired

PS any thoughts on trying to get a&m back?? Rumors are they aren't happy about texas. Alberts is there only to get them to come to the b1g eventually for foot hold in texas.

Reactions: V-Doub
I understand what you are saying as it pertains to the big12.

Let's look at it this way though. Forget school names for this exercise. Let's just say that the sec and b1g are looking to each add 4 schools. That's 8. The big12 is wanting 2 to 4 but let's say 4 to keep it even.

If the big12 loses the big2 in OU and TX, does adding Utah, asu, uofa and cu bring the value back to make up for OU and TX?? You now have 2 more mouths to feed so if it does get back to even, which I doubt those 4 schools move the needle back that far, but now the pot is divided by 16 and not 14.

If the sec, b1g and big12 are all fighting over the same 4 schools, are those 4 schools only worth more to the big12? If those same schools go to the sec or the b1g, those conference values should go up by atleast as much as they would have by going to the big12, no?

Right now I'm sure the sec and the b1g aren't interested in anyone that thins down the mix. They have to move the needle atleast 100 million or it isn't worth it. No one wants to take less. Not going to add schools and have to give up 10-15 million per year. Not in this day and age of now having to pay for past players etc.

Private equity or not, those schools would be worth as much or more to the b1g or sec as they would be to the big12. Only difference is the b1g and the sec don't need the private equity leaches to pull it off.

Now let's put the school names back in. I assume for myself, that North Carolina, Clemson, Florida State and Miami would be the 4 from the ACC that could bring in the most value. You can argue another school possibly and that's fine. That's from the ACC that we're talkling about. So far Clemson and Fsu have been the most vocal about wanting out. Miami a little rumblings and so with nc. We still don't know the penalty (if any) or timeline that the ESPN contract just goes away.

Not sure how the sec schools would feel about some of the acc schools coming in. You know the old "only 1 per state" thing. Well that didn't work so well for ta&m did it? They now have uterus back with them. If it makes financial sense it's probably gonna happen even if a school is a little butt hurt. But does adding those "regional similar" schools help the sec?? Doesn't expand they're reach. Don't need to for recruiting now that they have uterus and sooners. They have the prime recruiting ground already. But does it add more tv sets to make sense. To me it would for the b1g.

But, the b1g has their eyes set on ND imo. Now to get ND, do they have to take Stanford which I believe would be their last "rival" to help solidify?? I know the b1g academia's would be thrilled with that. What about Cal then? Would Stanford say "we'll come but you gotta bring my buddy Cal"?

So in my scenario, the b1g, sec, and big12 are fighting over 6 schools with ND and Stanford to the b1g which would leave 4 acc schools to fight over so to speak. To me, of those 4 schools, the sec would get their pick of the litter. No way that fsu and miami are going to the same conference. The state of Georgia seems to be the hot bed of talent these days. Clemson isn't that much farther from Atlanta than Athens. Georgia is dominating the sec right now. Would SC and the rest of the sec like to see a little competition for Georgia??

Back to Fsu and miami. The sec doesn't need another florida school for recruiting. The b1g would. Of the 2, I would think fsu would be the b1g pick over miami. Which leaves NC. I would think they would be in the cross hairs of the sec. And like I said, I think the sec is going to have their pick because the holy grail for b1g is ND. So to me that leaves Miami for big12. And if that all happens, then it would maybe a collapse of the ACC and Virginia would want a home. Value??

I know you're going to come back and say, " but that private equity firm could buy them". Do you really think that any ACC school who has been fighting tooth and nail to get out of a stupid tv contract that was going to go through 203? , alledgedly, would want to go to another long term situation that they may not be comfortable with? Or would they want to go to a conference where they'll be a partner with stability and has a history of schools wanting in rather than looking for ways to leave. Yes, the big12 got cu back.

Well now I'm feeling like I've rambled enough. Bottom line, for now, the sec and b1g can basically do what they want and can be picky. I hope they stay strong enough and financially sound enough that they don't need private equity leach funds.

whew i'm tired

PS any thoughts on trying to get a&m back?? Rumors are they aren't happy about texas. Alberts is there only to get them to come to the b1g eventually for foot hold in texas.
my view is that if the sec and b10 thought any school brought incremental (new) revenue to its other members those acc schools would already be gone. but it's the acc grant of rights, isn't it. there's not enough additional revenue for either conference to spend money freeing any acc school. however, that's not the case for the b12 because it's media deal is much smaller than the sec and b10. that's the growth potential the equity company targets.

this by the way is all just theorizing on my part. it was triggered by the venture capital leak last week. trying to figure out what they see in the b12 to invest $1B. the chances of this happening are maybe remote. yep. even though i do believe something big is on its way. i'm just not at all clear as to the methods or outcomes.

You are a fool! Texas was the problem back then and the reason we left. Texas with numerous others were flirting with the PAC 12. Also Texas was unwilling to sign over their media rights. Had they done that, Nebraska would have stayed. Don't be butt hurt because we were able to see what was coming and had a place to land. Attaching your lips to Texas got you in the predicament your now in.

You are a fool! Texas was the problem back then and the reason we left. Texas with numerous others were flirting with the PAC 12. Also Texas was unwilling to sign over their media rights. Had they done that, Nebraska would have stayed. Don't be butt hurt because we were able to see what was coming and had a place to land. Attaching your lips to Texas got you in the predicament your now in.
i actually said that sans the "colorful" language.

Yes, those are the circumstances back then. And Texas was plotting to gut the Big 12 by moving 4 teams to the PAC without initially telling those it planned to leave behind. Forever created huge distrust by Nebraskans in anything Texas did and Nebraska resented Texas influence over the Big 12 before that. Teams like Kansas State had supported Texas over Nebraska in Big 12 votes prior to that plot which is why I have zero sympathy for Kansas State to this day.

Yes, those are the circumstances back then. And Texas was plotting to gut the Big 12 by moving 4 teams to the PAC without initially telling those it planned to leave behind. Forever created huge distrust by Nebraskans in anything Texas did and Nebraska resented Texas influence over the Big 12 before that. Teams like Kansas State had supported Texas over Nebraska in Big 12 votes prior to that plot which is why I have zero sympathy for Kansas State to this day.
k-state is not asking for sympathy. the athletics program has never been stronger. and all that texas history has zero to due with private equity evidently investing $1B in the b12 today.

• Haha
Reactions: RBigredMax
my view is that if the sec and b10 thought any school brought incremental (new) revenue to its other members those acc schools would already be gone. but it's the acc grant of rights, isn't it. there's not enough additional revenue for either conference to spend money freeing any acc school. however, that's not the case for the b12 because it's media deal is much smaller than the sec and b10. that's the growth potential the equity company targets.

this by the way is all just theorizing on my part. it was triggered by the venture capital leak last week. trying to figure out what they see in the b12 to invest $1B. the chances of this happening are maybe remote. yep. even though i do believe something big is on its way. i'm just not at all clear as to the methods or outcomes.
Sec and b1g won't take anyone that doesn't bring 100 million in revenue with them. Do we agree on that?

The only way that happens is through media negotiations which would happen because that was put in when the pac schools came in.

The whole idea of yormarks look in isn't some stroke of genius. B1g did it and Sec as well too I believe

k-state is not asking for sympathy. the athletics program has never been stronger. and all that texas history has zero to due with private equity evidently investing $1B in the b12 today.
Good because K-State will get NONE from me.

The Big 12 has changed so much we wouldn’t even recognize 3/4 of the teams. The nostalgia is gone, who’s left that really makes a difference to us? Heck even the schools still left didn’t care about us 15 years ago some of them were ready to go to Pac 12 with Texas. Do not forget that, those schools are not our friends. And they’d leave the big 12 in a second given the chance so why would we volunteer to go back?

Sec and b1g won't take anyone that doesn't bring 100 million in revenue with them. Do we agree on that?

The only way that happens is through media negotiations which would happen because that was put in when the pac schools came in.

The whole idea of yormarks look in isn't some stroke of genius. B1g did it and Sec as well too I believe
1. we agree. i don't believe the b10 gets a revenue bump sufficient enough to bring acc schools that would justify the cost of acquisition.
2. b10 media rights are already at their maximum, yes. the opposite is true for the b12.
3. neither the b10 nor the sec have used outside equity investment for acquisitions - so yormark is outside the box here.

• Haha
1. we agree. i don't believe the b10 gets a revenue bump sufficient enough to bring acc schools that would justify the cost of acquisition.
2. b10 media rights are already at their maximum, yes. the opposite is true for the b12.
3. neither the b10 nor the sec have used outside equity investment for acquisitions - so yormark is outside the box here.
What I'm referring in 3 was yormark wanted a lookin if schools joined conference. Fine. So will b1g and sec.

2. Why are b1g media rights maxed out? They won't be if 2 or 4 schools join

100% correct! Like I posted, do not ever forget that several of the schools were ready to follow Texas to the Pac 12. And those schools are not our friends. Plus any one of those in the big 12 would leave tomorrow if offered spot in SEC or Big Ten.

What I'm referring in 3 was yormark wanted a lookin if schools joined conference. Fine. So will b1g and sec.

2. Why are b1g media rights maxed out? They won't be if 2 or 4 schools join
1. i don't know what you mean in the first sentence.
2. the equity company looks at the b10 v. the b12 media rights and sees an opportunity for investment in the latter. perhaps that's a better way to put it. if more schools join, they will have to incrementally add income. maybe, but i don't see it. miami is not worth what the average b10 school media brings today. the conference won't bring new schools that don't at least cover today's payout per school.

Last edited:
IF the money were to end up equal, why wouldn't we consider this? Most of the old Big 12 (minus Texas). Restore some old rivalries, like CU. Plus good ACC teams like FSU and Clemson plus ND and Stanford. Instantly back with a seat at the big boy table with ND, instead of sitting at the kiddie table with likes of Purdue and Iowa. Yes please. Where do we sign up? And who can tell me the TV people wouldn't value that makeup at least equal to SEC/B1G?

• Haha
IF the money were to end up equal, why wouldn't we consider this? Most of the old Big 12 (minus Texas). Restore some old rivalries, like CU. Plus good ACC teams like FSU and Clemson plus ND and Stanford. Instantly back with a seat at the big boy table with ND, instead of sitting at the kiddie table with likes of Purdue and Iowa. Yes please. Where do we sign up? And who can tell me the TV people wouldn't value that makeup at least equal to SEC/B1G?
the market tells us. if it could it would. the equity company is willing to invest $1B in the b12 because it sees a growth opportunity.

again, this is all conjecture on my part. the only facts we know are actually just rumors about the investment house intentions.

again, this is all conjecture on my part. the only facts we know are actually just rumors about the investment house intentions.

BINGO

Even John Kurtz and the Baylor 365 guys are somewhat leary of it and think/realize it as a last ditch effort to stay relevant rather than ground breaking positive move.

the market tells us. if it could it would. the equity company is willing to invest $1B in the b12 because it sees a growth opportunity.

Maybe the equity company contacted the SEC and Big Ten, couldn't get past the receptionists, and that's why they ended up with the Big 12.

Pure speculation on my part, but if I repeat it 500,000 or so times, maybe someone will believe it.

Maybe the equity company contacted the SEC and Big Ten, couldn't get past the receptionists, and that's why they ended up with the Big 12.

Pure speculation on my part, but if I repeat it 500,000 or so times, maybe someone will believe it.
your contribution to this thread is noted and stands on its own merits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT