ADVERTISEMENT

rumors about realignment ...

The money thing is just lame from a fan point.

It is like caring your dick is smaller. Look, I know my dick is smaller, I get it, 14 inches is small, sorry. But hey, I am gonna have to live with it.

Reactions: Spooked
Here are some internet rumors I found. Man, it was a wild rumor day:

Rumor 1) Nobody in the BIG or SEC willingly leaves as long as those conferences exist.

Rumor 2) All other conferences continue to be cherry picked by those two.

Rumor 3) The Big 12 sucked from the shotgun marriage is was from the outset to present day, which is why every program worth a shit has left it.

Here are some internet rumors I found. Man, it was a wild rumor day:

Rumor 1) Nobody in the BIG or SEC willingly leaves as long as those conferences exist.

Rumor 2) All other conferences continue to be cherry picked by those two.

Rumor 3) The Big 12 sucked from the shotgun marriage is was from the outset to present day, which is why every program worth a shit has left it.
This was started by a Kstate fan who thinks the new big 12 is relevant in football compared to others . It isn’tEnd of thread.

Look, if you brag to your non Husker friends about dollars...that is awesome.

I want short road trips. I have never left a game, win or loss and yelled out "We make more money than you"
I don’t have a lot of non Husker fans as friends. I don’t care where we play on the road I go to a couple each year and every home game.

LOL at all the comments about not caring about the "conference money". Not having that money means not having coaches that are paid top dollar (like getting Rhule and keeping White), not having the top Football Training Facility, not being able to have a top notch supporting football staff, not being able to send full teams of coaches all over the country to recruit, etc. Yeah, I guess that money isn't at all important for being able to recruit out in the middle of the country. And I guess schools like Florida State and Clemson are just being silly thinking that more conference money is of vital importance to their success. Ask all the future have nots like Oregon State and Washington State how happy they are with their situation. Even super rich Texas caved in to move to a better payout conference giving up the dominant position they had in the Big 12.

LOL at all the comments about not caring about the "conference money". Not having that money means not having coaches that are paid top dollar (like getting Rhule and keeping White), not having the top Football Training Facility, not being able to have a top notch supporting football staff, not being able to send full teams of coaches all over the country to recruit, etc. Yeah, I guess that money isn't at all important for being able to recruit out in the middle of the country. And I guess schools like Florida State and Clemson are just being silly thinking that more conference money is of vital importance to their success. Ask all the future have nots like Oregon State and Washington State how happy they are with their situation. Even super rich Texas caved in to move to a better payout conference giving up the dominant position they had in the Big 12.
Oh, I agree the money is important. It just sucks that everything else about the B1G well….sucks.

And that all that money isn't resulting in any actual wins...you know, most important thing.
Well you also have to use the money to make "smart" coaching hires. And remember if we didn't have the money we also wouldn't have been able to pay off all those bad hires with the big bucks buyout packages. So without the money we'd be stuck for an even longer period of time with the bad hires. Scott Frost might still be on the sideline without having lots of money.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Well you also have to use the money to make "smart" coaching hires. And remember if we didn't have the money we also wouldn't have been able to pay off all those bad hires with the big bucks buyout packages. So without the money we'd be stuck for an even longer period of time with the bad hires. Scott Frost might still be on the sideline without having lots of money.
Much of the buyout money came from the donors, especially for Callahan, Pelini and Riley.

Much of the buyout money came from the donors, especially for Callahan, Pelini and Riley.
Meaning there was less donor money for something else. But of course money is fungible and what matters is the money added up from all sources and available to the athletic department. There's just no way around the Big 10 revenue share being a huge part of the pot of money. And other schools would give an "arm and a leg" to have that Big 10 revenue share.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Maybe the new AD will finally bring B1G Media Check Cashing Day to fruition

It would draw like a volleyball game. The fans have been demanding it for years!

Meaning there was less donor money for something else. But of course money is fungible and what matters is the money added up from all sources and available to the athletic department. There's just no way around the Big 10 revenue share being a huge part of the pot of money. And other schools would give an "arm and a leg" to have that Big 10 revenue share.
ok

You can have money, or you can have good intentions - but you can't have both.

Oh wait...scratch that...in college football, you can have both. Nebraska has both. A LOT of both.

It's no guarantee, of course - but good intentions coupled with.a crapload of cash improves your chances immensely. I think I'd rather try to get the football program back on track with more money, not less.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
You can have money, or you can have good intentions - but you can't have both.

Oh wait...scratch that...in college football, you can have both. Nebraska has both. A LOT of both.

It's no guarantee, of course - but good intentions coupled with.a crapload of cash improves your chances immensely. I think I'd rather try to get the football program back on track with more money, not less.
this path has been well traveled. but it does bring back the annoying question as to was it the right decision to leave? not that it makes a difference today. cu came back but with totally different circumstances, i get that part. so i just can't see N leaving the b10. unless there's a major variable at play that we cannot see like being aau isolated - the redheaded step child in the haughty castle, so to speak.

this path has been well traveled. but it does bring back the annoying question as to was it the right decision to leave? not that it makes a difference today. cu came back but with totally different circumstances, i get that part. so i just can't see N leaving the b10. unless there's a major variable at play that we cannot see like being aau isolated - the redheaded step child, so to speak.
Speaking of the AAU, I thought they were going to integrate the Omaha med research to have a better chance of rejoining the AAU. Haven't heard anything lately about that effort. Anyone know what's going on?

Lol, you sure pay attention to me. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you were trying to get under my skin. But I know you well enough to know that you will absolutely deny that…nice Troll attempt, have a nice day. 😂
you're right. it's my fault that you're a hypocrite.

this path has been well traveled. but it does bring back the annoying question as to was it the right decision to leave? not that it makes a difference today. cu came back but with totally different circumstances, i get that part. so i just can't see N leaving the b10. unless there's a major variable at play that we cannot see like being aau isolated - the redheaded step child in the haughty castle, so to speak.
It was and will always be the right decision to leave because the seven other schools that were in the Big 8 were found to be gutless.

texas has proven to be a conference killer. but had N stayed, this would have turned out differently, methinks.
Why would you think that? Everything Texas wanted your school and the other 7 just went along with. Move HQ, move championship game, do away with partial qualifiers, to name just a few. Those decisions showed the leadership at Nebraska that they no longer had any real influence in the Big 12. If you are going to have no influence, you might as well go to a league that is going to increase revenues.

Why would you think that? Everything Texas wanted your school and the other 7 just went along with. Move HQ, move championship game, do away with partial qualifiers, to name just a few. Those decisions showed the leadership at Nebraska that they no longer had any real influence in the Big 12. If you are going to have no influence, you might as well go to a league that is going to increase revenues.
i say that because N was the b8 cornerstone. it got frustrated with what was happening in b12 transition and took the b10 offer. had they not, the conference likely would not have lost missouri to the sec. at this point, it's all conjecture. i get that. hardly worth debating. sorry i brought it up.

i say that because N was the b8 cornerstone. it got frustrated with what was happening in b12 transition and took the b10 offer. had they not, the conference likely would not have lost missouri to the sec. at this point, it's all conjecture. i get that. hardly worth debating. sorry i brought it up.

81pVVaGbTVL.jpg

Hindsight is 20/20. Even the most diehard “NU should have stayed in the Big 12” fans agree it was the right decision. The only people still asking this annoying question are people in the Big 12 wondering how we got to this point.

I’ll also add, that whether fortuitous or foresight, the landscape of college athletics was changing 15 years ago and I would venture to say all of this was inevitable to some extent. It may have delayed expansion and realignment, or changed its trajectory, but the money was already flowing and it was only a matter of time.

Last edited:
Even the most diehard “NU should have stayed in the Big 12” fans agree it was the right decision.
Well, this thread would be evidence to the contrary. Some people just want shorter drives or something.

Maybe the new AD will finally bring B1G Media Check Cashing Day to fruition

It would draw like a volleyball game. The fans have been demanding it for years!
NU fans that talk about Big Ten money would tailgate for that event!

The two "talking points" that are sooooo lame when it comes to college football are...

How much money the school makes

How hard or not hard it is to get admitted to the school.

Like anyone really cares if you need a 24 on your act at one school while only a 23 at another school.

Reactions: king_kong_
Nebraska left 14 years after the Big 12 formed. It was much longer than just the transition. Holy crap.

Missouri had been looking to leave forever. They wanted the Big Ten invite Nebraska got.

I get having revisionist memory of what happened but good gravy man, this whole line of thinking is completely out of wack.

Nebraska left 14 years after the Big 12 formed. It was much longer than just the transition. Holy crap.

Missouri had been looking to leave forever. They wanted the Big Ten invite Nebraska got.

I get having revisionist memory of what happened but good gravy man, this whole line of thinking is completely out of wack.
fourteen years over the history of a membership is not long. and the league was in transition. cu had left beforehand. N was the tipping point. aTm then missouri. it was a mess. all caused in large part by texas. no revisionism. just facts.

Reactions: thall_

Nobody here cares. Screw your school and the rest of the gutless pricks that are still left in that pathetic conference from the old big 8. Hopefully you all rot in purgatory.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT