ADVERTISEMENT

Record fiscal year for NU Athletic Department

I’ve never had season tickets so I don’t have a horse in this race. What I will say is that fan comfort and amenities are likely going to be the deciding factor in game attendance in the next 10 years. The in-home experience is getting better and better and the demand for seats will no longer be the same as it was 20 years ago - regardless of the product on the field. Filling the stadium is going to require a lot more entertainment and comfort than has been historically needed.

Reactions: V-Doub
I’ve never had season tickets so I don’t have a horse in this race. What I will say is that fan comfort and amenities are likely going to be the deciding factor in game attendance in the next 10 years. The in-home experience is getting better and better and the demand for seats will no longer be the same as it was 20 years ago - regardless of the product on the field. Filling the stadium is going to require a lot more entertainment and comfort than has been historically needed.
Wrong!

• Haha
Reactions: scarletred
I’ve been told there is but it’s approximately around 20 yard line on the East and West sides..

it’s $2,500 for seating on the 45-50 yard lines..
Hmm I thought it went from 1000 to 1250. But then again if it's grandfathered it could be. And IF grandfathered those should be great seats

i thought these lsu numbers might be germane to the thread. football carries us all. note their negative ~$8 million wbb operations. not all divas pay the same it seems.
GFB_JzgWgAEtCYr

lsu's overall department lost $3.8 million.
it's interesting to me that lsu's football revenue is essentially equal to k-state total department revenue. yet they somehow squander it away and lose money as a department, while k-state showed an $18 million profit over the same period. it's odd. of course, the worst case is arizona. good grief.

it's interesting to me that lsu's football revenue is essentially equal to k-state total department revenue. yet they somehow squander it away and lose money as a department, while k-state showed an $18 million profit over the same period. it's odd. of course, the worst case is arizona. good grief.
Quick Google check shows lsu has 21 sports and ksu has 12. Adding 9 more revenue draining sports might be the difference

Reactions: scarletred
Maybe put some context in your above post while comparing Ksu to LSU.
i know you're looking for a food fight. but the context is the financials. that's what the discussion is about. not how many sports are offered. one being b12 the other sec. one in louisiana one in kansas. and so on. now carry on trying to belittle the facts.

i know you're looking for a food fight. but the context is the financials. that's what the discussion is about. not how many sports are offered. one being b12 the other sec. one in louisiana one in kansas. and so on. now carry on trying to belittle the facts.
The number of sports an athletic department sponsors/participate in isn’t relevant to their financial well being and stewardship of the athletic budget as a whole?

The number of sports an athletic department sponsors/participate in isn’t relevant to their financial well being and stewardship of the athletic budget as a whole?
yes, it is relevant and one has to wonder why the university is called on to underwrite them. do you want to discuss that question?

yes, it is relevant and one has to wonder why the university is called on to underwrite them. do you want to discuss that question?
You said it’s a financial discussion and the number of sports offered wasn’t relevant. Maybe I misread your post?

How am I looking for a fight? If I was looking for a fight I would be belligerent in my posts but they have not been?

Why are you so defensive?
i'm simply trying to answer questions. first, i said it was interesting that lsu loses money with so much greater revenue than k-state. then the thread went a different direction about number of sports. i agreed, that influences it. now, can we stop here?

i'm simply trying to answer questions. first, i said it was interesting that lsu loses money with so much greater revenue than k-state. then the thread went a different direction about number of sports. i agreed, that influences it. now, can we stop here?
Is the purse your carrying today dark purple or more lavender?

This is no shock, in fact, if it wasn't a record year - that would be a shock. Adjust these numbers for inflation. Basic economics. Every gross metric is having record year.

We’re not idiots, per se, we just have an addiction problem
Some of us grew up with the Huskers. Spent quality time with our dad at the games Or working on a project with our dad while listening to the games. Then took a son to the stadium to get autographs before the season. I guess that’s an addiction of sorts.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
50 million surplus...they could by a trap and skeet range for the qb's to get some kinda hand eye cordination in life..buy them some football shaped purses to carry round to get a feel for hanging onto something..

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Who organized the outdoor VB match for the world record? Who is out there at BB games with NU's highest rated recruit in 30 years? Who is overseeing the Memorial stadium renovation? Who handled the Go Big project to give NU the best facilities in the country to attract top recruits? You want Bill Moos and Sean Eichorst back?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT