ADVERTISEMENT

Record fiscal year for NU Athletic Department

Maybe the airlines will follow as well. I'd love to sit on a plane and not have to worry about turning into a diamond between two fatties.😰
Fly southwest. They give the fatties a free extra seat.. though this could be your seat they take so enjoy

Reducing seats means price of tickets will go up correct? Simple supply and demand …all to help the portly fans
They could up the fee for retaining season tickets depending on where you seat in the stadium any where from $1,500- 2,500 a seat instead of uping season ticket prices..

Our stadium capacity now drops us down to Purdue's level. This is beyond pathetic
Agree. Absolutely hate this.

All that money, but they still can’t figure out a way to widen seats (expand upward and then re-number the seats we already have, maybe?) without dropping capacity by 15,000. Don’t think we’ll end up in the Purdue range (they’re at 57,000), but with this plan, we’ll be below Sparty. And Wisconsin. And Iowa.

I have no problem with stadium renovations—zero. What I hate is looking up at conference powers with 100,000+ seating while our program continues to fade to a shadow of its former self.

Husker Wrestling sitting at 7-1 and ranked 6th in the country says hello
Sorry, college wrestling is not a major sport. No one cares. Maybe they say hello but it’s a hard to hear them when no one notices them nationally. your argument made you sound desperate.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATX Husker
Who organized the outdoor VB match for the world record? Who is out there at BB games with NU's highest rated recruit in 30 years? Who is overseeing the Memorial stadium renovation? Who handled the Go Big project to give NU the best facilities in the country to attract top recruits? You want Bill Moos and Sean Eichorst back?
I’m sorry how has any of those resulted in winning in men’s major sports? let’s stay away from the “major sports card” for wrestling, bowling, and badminton ok.

It's not just about the fatties. Not sure how many people actually attend games at Memorial but it sounds like they are widening the aisles. Which I consider a good thing. I don't really enjoy basically having to sit on someone when the Pepsi guy comes by and takes up the whole aisle.

It's not just about the fatties. Not sure how many people actually attend games at Memorial but it sounds like they are widening the aisles. Which I consider a good thing. I don't really enjoy basically having to sit on someone when the Pepsi guy comes by and takes up the whole aisle.
Lose some weight fatty

All that money, but they still can’t figure out a way to widen seats (expand upward and then re-number the seats we already have, maybe?) without dropping capacity by 15,000. Don’t think we’ll end up in the Purdue range (they’re at 57,000), but with this plan, we’ll be below Sparty. And Wisconsin. And Iowa.

I have no problem with stadium renovations—zero. What I hate is looking up at conference powers with 100,000+ seating while our program continues to fade to a shadow of its former self.
It’s physics. The grandsons are twice as big as their grandfathers who went to these games in the 70s and packed out that stadium. The fix is obvious, but you can’t fix that.

Reactions: ATX Husker
Good deal.

So how much are they going to drop the prices for tickets and concessions now?
Trev acknowledged how expensive our ticket package is nationally. I hope they hold steady for a while. Haven't paid mine yet but I haven't heard any complaining so I assumed they didn't change for 2024.

Trev acknowledged how expensive our ticket package is nationally. I hope they hold steady for a while. Haven't paid mine yet but I haven't heard any complaining so I assumed they didn't change for 2024.
$60 PER plus donation if applicable

This is why football is king. It pays for everything and everyone. NU VB is one of the few to actually turn a profit.
I always shake my head when somebody criticizes football. There would be a lot fewer opportunities for college athletes across the board without football. And of course that's driven by the fans, football is what they want to see and is clearly what they're willing to pay for.

Reactions: HBK4life
I always shake my head when somebody criticizes football. There would be a lot fewer opportunities for college athletes across the board without football. And of course that's driven by the fans, football is what they want to see and is clearly what they're willing to pay for.
Exactly. It's also why dummies who think we should go back in time and go back to the Big 12 are clueless. Money isn't in the same stratosphere.

• Wow
Reactions: Jaemekon and RedCap
Exactly. It's also why dummies who think we should go back in time and go back to the Big 12 are clueless. Money isn't in the same stratosphere.

e6931225b2e021469a4f1cab4db721b9.gif

For someone that doesn’t attend games the capacity of the stadium sure concerns you.
It’s embarrassing.. and I do attend usually one game per year . Didn’t renew my season tickets a few years ago.. travel was just too tough

LINCOLN — For the first time in its history, the Nebraska athletic department generated more than $200 million in revenue during a fiscal year, according to NU’s annual report to the NCAA.
The report, obtained via a record request, reveals Nebraska generated $204,831,356 in revenue between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023. NU typically submits the report in December and provides copies in mid-January.
NU’s football program still generated a massive surplus – just over $50 million – after generating $122,800,311 in revenues and spending $72,796,234. Men’s basketball and volleyball also produced a surplus – the latter by all of $6,572. Thanks to the Volleyball Day Memorial Stadium match – which occurred two months after the end of the reporting period, Husker volleyball will produce a much bigger surplus in the next fiscal year.
>>The Big Ten media rights deal paid NU $48,898,410, nearly $4 million more than the previous year.
>>NU made $31,343,073 in royalties and licensing, $2 million more than the previous year.
And we can't get a good men's team in any sport. We are all idiots for supporting this hard for the products we have been getting on the field, court and diamond

That's what this place has become. People are no different than sheep.
Yeah but you can’t put people’s hind legs in your hip waders like you like to do to your sheep to keep them from getting away,

It’s embarrassing.. and I do attend usually one game per year . Didn’t renew my season tickets a few years ago.. travel was just too tough
How many tickets ? And how much were you paying in donor fees for them to keep those tickets?

Current capacity is 82000+. There's usually 90+ on attendance. I believe they were talking a 10% reduction in seats so that would be around 74000 plus another 8000 for around 82000 total.

The stadium needs to be done. Before renovation there was soooo many complaints about south stadium and how stupid our stadium was with that many seats and a weird configuration.

This will modernize it make it more user friendly?? I'm all for it. Wish it didn't cost so much but.....

Win baby win and it will be good investment and paid for easily. Look at the dough from losing seasons. Will make a lot of licensing $ if we get to playoffs

Current capacity is 82000+. There's usually 90+ on attendance. I believe they were talking a 10% reduction in seats so that would be around 74000 plus another 8000 for around 82000 total.

The stadium needs to be done. Before renovation there was soooo many complaints about south stadium and how stupid our stadium was with that many seats and a weird configuration.

This will modernize it make it more user friendly?? I'm all for it. Wish it didn't cost so much but.....

Win baby win and it will be good investment and paid for easily. Look at the dough from losing seasons. Will make a lot of licensing $ if we get to playoffs
How will this help the team win? God you’re a basic b!tch

Not end zone.. section 30 .. great seats
So your around the 20-25 yard line for that donation..
So why would you bitch for people that seat in the end zone that needs reconstruction so they can accommodate themselves for better access for restrooms and food?

Bad look dude..

So why would you bitch for people that seat in the end zone that needs reconstruction so they can accommodate themselves for better access for restrooms and food?

Bad look dude..
Anyone who has sat in south stadium knows what a dump it is and that it needed a huge amount of work. Saying otherwise is just trying to win an argument. So it only makes sense to modernize the stadium if you are doing a ton of work anyway.

And I find it absolutely hilarious that season ticket holders were surveyed and overwhelmingly wanted better seats. People act like Trev randomly made this up. They literally did a survey with the people who actually go to games. Not people on a message board looking for something to gripe about.

It’s about revenue per seat. End of story. It does zero good having excess seating giving diminishing returns.

Anyone who has sat in south stadium knows what a dump it is and that it needed a huge amount of work. Saying otherwise is just trying to win an argument. So it only makes sense to modernize the stadium if you are doing a ton of work anyway.

And I find it absolutely hilarious that season ticket holders were surveyed and overwhelmingly wanted better seats. People act like Trev randomly made this up. They literally did a survey with the people who actually go to games. Not people on a message board looking for something to gripe about.
It’s always those that don’t contribute that squeal the loudest…in anything.

It’s about revenue per seat. End of story. It does zero good having excess seating giving diminishing returns.
We won’t have “excess seating” if we correct course and get back to being the Blueblood we really are. But yeah, if we continue the death spiral of the last 7 years, then we probably will need a 70,000 seat stadium in order to make a return on tickets sold.

It just seems shortsighted to plan a future based on the historically bad downturn we find ourselves in today. I like Trev. I do not like reducing stadium capacity when there are other ways to widen seating without dropping 15,000 seats. Two things can be true.

Bad look dude..
It’s a bad look for Nebraska.. we should be competing with the big boys 100s +.. instead we’re down to Iowa’s level now.. beyond pathetic

Tell that who lives 1449 miles away that bitches about something he doesn’t plan on investing in..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT