ADVERTISEMENT

Record fiscal year for NU Athletic Department

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven

LINCOLN — For the first time in its history, the Nebraska athletic department generated more than $200 million in revenue during a fiscal year, according to NU’s annual report to the NCAA.
The report, obtained via a record request, reveals Nebraska generated $204,831,356 in revenue between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023. NU typically submits the report in December and provides copies in mid-January.
NU’s football program still generated a massive surplus – just over $50 million – after generating $122,800,311 in revenues and spending $72,796,234. Men’s basketball and volleyball also produced a surplus – the latter by all of $6,572. Thanks to the Volleyball Day Memorial Stadium match – which occurred two months after the end of the reporting period, Husker volleyball will produce a much bigger surplus in the next fiscal year.
>>The Big Ten media rights deal paid NU $48,898,410, nearly $4 million more than the previous year.
>>NU made $31,343,073 in royalties and licensing, $2 million more than the previous year.

LINCOLN — For the first time in its history, the Nebraska athletic department generated more than $200 million in revenue during a fiscal year, according to NU’s annual report to the NCAA.
The report, obtained via a record request, reveals Nebraska generated $204,831,356 in revenue between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023. NU typically submits the report in December and provides copies in mid-January.
NU’s football program still generated a massive surplus – just over $50 million – after generating $122,800,311 in revenues and spending $72,796,234. Men’s basketball and volleyball also produced a surplus – the latter by all of $6,572. Thanks to the Volleyball Day Memorial Stadium match – which occurred two months after the end of the reporting period, Husker volleyball will produce a much bigger surplus in the next fiscal year.

what does this mean for husker football fans?

None of it directly benefits most if all of us on the board. It does mean that our athletic department is financially stable and self sustaining so they are not sucking funds from the university which is a good thing among being able to do all the things they do to make game day experience better, help recruit etc, though I think your question is more trolling.

what does this mean for husker football fans?
It means NU football can make improvements to Memorial Stadium making for a better fan experience. It means we have the money to recruit 5-star studs like Dylan Raiola and others. It means Trev and Matt are fully committed to making NU football great again. That means a lot to Husker football fans.

It means NU football can make improvements to Memorial Stadium making for a better fan experience. It means we have the money to recruit 5-star studs like Dylan Raiola and others. It means Trev and Matt are fully committed to making NU football great again. That means a lot to Husker football fans.

I'm going to hope that it pays off this time.

my hope hand has been empty for a while.

I'm going to hope that it pays off this time.

my hope hand has been empty for a while.
200.gif

How about retaining White with a raise? That's huge that we can start retaining desirable coaches.

I don't normally see you talking Husker football on here. Are you even a Husker fan? I remember you saying you started following another team, Texas Tech?

i'm flattered.

yea, i went to a couple of texas tech games, i enjoy big xii ball.

Oh, if only NU was back in the Big 12 /s :rolleyes:

Edit: Some of the reactions in this thread are super weird. You can dislike the B1G all you want, but still be happy it is financially benefitting the athletic department which directly benefits Husker football, which in turn gives the program a better chance to be relevant again through improved facilities, gameday experience, and recruiting.

The hell what's wrong with some of you???

• Love
Reactions: Jaemekon

“Yay our govt is setting new records that will help life get better comrade! Things must be great!”

“But why cant things be great now?”

“Get him!”

The job of the athletic dept is to win, not make money. Money might be an avenue or reward. Big 12 pac12 etc teams have found ways to win without big ten money while nebraska loses and dupes fans into celebrating money we will never see or benefit us, then ask us to fork over more in ticket prices, donations, nil, and susbscribe to more streaming services as we gleefully bend over and act like its our victory too. Cant wait for the cash check celebration!

Doesn't the athletic department actually share some of these funds back to the university? that's a huge deal... I roll my eyes at the lowbrows on social media that gets pissed whenever the athletic department spends money... What would Lincoln be without the University? honestly... the money that place drags in here is obscene and yet people treat it like it's a burden

It means Trev is kicking ass. And the Big 10 is cashing checks and snapping necks. Much to the chagrin of @king_kong_
Smokin Winking
Trev is kicking ass? I think all the credit goes to the fans. NU hasn’t produced one good men’s major sports since Trev has arrived or at least anything that justifies those totals. His best men’s team is the 2021 Men’s baseball team that didn’t advance past the first regional.

That total is a result of loyal fans. Trev is just Charlie Finley or Charlie Comiskey

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT