ADVERTISEMENT

Record fiscal year for NU Athletic Department

Trev is kicking ass? I think all the credit goes to the fans. NU hasn’t produced one good men’s major sports since Trev has arrived or at least anything that justifies those totals. His best men’s team is the 2021 Men’s baseball team that didn’t advance past the first regional.

That total is a result of loyal fans. Trev is just Charlie Finley or Charlie Comiskey

Husker Wrestling sitting at 7-1 and ranked 6th in the country says hello

Trev is kicking ass? I think all the credit goes to the fans. NU hasn’t produced one good men’s major sports since Trev has arrived or at least anything that justifies those totals. His best men’s team is the 2021 Men’s baseball team that didn’t advance past the first regional.

That total is a result of loyal fans. Trev is just Charlie Finley or Charlie Comiskey
Who organized the outdoor VB match for the world record? Who is out there at BB games with NU's highest rated recruit in 30 years? Who is overseeing the Memorial stadium renovation? Who handled the Go Big project to give NU the best facilities in the country to attract top recruits? You want Bill Moos and Sean Eichorst back?

Last edited:

“Yay our govt is setting new records that will help life get better comrade! Things must be great!”

“But why cant things be great now?”

“Get him!”

The job of the athletic dept is to win, not make money. Money might be an avenue or reward. Big 12 pac12 etc teams have found ways to win without big ten money while nebraska loses and dupes fans into celebrating money we will never see or benefit us, then ask us to fork over more in ticket prices, donations, nil, and susbscribe to more streaming services as we gleefully bend over and act like its our victory too. Cant wait for the cash check celebration!

Who organized the outdoor VB match for the world record? Who is out there at BB games with NU's highest rated recruit in 30 years? Who is overseeing the Memorial stadium renovation? Who handled the Go Big project to give NU the best facilities in the country to attract top recruits? You want Bill Moos and Sean Eichorst back?

• Wow
Reactions: huntered
I was at a function earlier where the KU athletic director spoke. He said there is a revenue sharing proposal out there gaining a lot of traction. The proposal would have Universities paying half their student athlete’s $30K. He said that would cost KU something like $12M and that their Athletic Department could not afford that. Made me glad Nebraska has a highly profitable Athletic Department.

how many university fans across the nation claim the best facilities in the nation beyond N fans? we should have a poll for best facilities and then one for best fans.

I was at a function earlier where the KU athletic director spoke. He said there is a revenue sharing proposal out there gaining a lot of traction. The proposal would have Universities paying half their student athlete’s $30K. He said that would cost KU something like $12M and that their Athletic Department could not afford that. Made me glad Nebraska has a highly profitable Athletic Department.
Good point, I believe that the NU athletic department has paid the university the full amount of every scholarship athlete's tuition and fees for years, and gives the university an additional couple of million a year for good measure.

how many university fans across the nation claim the best facilities in the nation beyond N fans? we should have a poll for best facilities and then one for best fans.
We'd be tops in both you know 😏 😋. Amazing how NU did financially last fiscal year with as pathetic our men's teams did.

We'd be tops in both you know 😏 😋. Amazing how NU did financially last fiscal year with as pathetic our men's teams did.
it speaks to the incredible fan support up there coupled with belonging to the b10. not much here that isn't b10 or sec in the top tier.
GC_Fwf_a4AAFv_g

Speaking of facilities, ksu building a new indoor practice facility. East of stadium? Are they adding parking somewhere because didn't they also put in new vb only areana to the west of bb facility?? Wasn't that parking as well or did that go a little south in the park/grass

“Yay our govt is setting new records that will help life get better comrade! Things must be great!”

“Get him!”

The job of the athletic dept is to win, not make money. Money might be an avenue or reward. Big 12 pac12 etc teams have found ways to win without big ten money while nebraska loses and dupes fans into celebrating money we will never see or benefit us, then ask us to fork over more in ticket prices, donations, nil, and susbscribe to more streaming services as we gleefully bend over and act like its our victory too. Cant wait for the cash check celebration!
There is a ton of context missing here.

First of all, schools in other conferences (sans the SEC) that are winning without B1G money are usually located in fertile recruiting grounds or are adjacent to them (like Oregon and Washington, who are now in the B1G.) There are exceptions, sure. Like Kansas, for example, who just happens to have an excellent head coach. That's the difference.

Second, for programs like Nebraska, who has always had to recruit nationally, having the financial advantage of the B1G at least gives them an opportunity to get back on track providing they have a good head coach. That's the part NU hasn't had since TO retired. We still don't know if Rhule changes that.

It's obviously the key ingredient that makes it all happen. Because without good coaching nothing else really matters.

There is a ton of context missing here.

First of all, schools in other conferences (sans the SEC) that are winning without B1G money are usually located in fertile recruiting grounds or are adjacent to them (like Oregon and Washington, who are now in the B1G.) There are exceptions, sure. Like Kansas, for example, who just happens to have an excellent head coach. That's the difference.

Second, for programs like Nebraska, who has always had to recruit nationally, having the financial advantage of the B1G at least gives them an opportunity to get back on track providing they have a good head coach. That's the part NU hasn't had since TO retired. We still don't know if Rhule changes that.

It's obviously the key ingredient that makes it all happen. Because without good coaching nothing else really matters.
I just dont agree. Theres plenty of money to be made at nebraska outside of the big ten to hire a good coach etc.
Fans celebrating big ten money is weird to me and always will be.
…Be a good fan and ignore all that extra money while you pay more for tickets for a losing program, get bombarded with nil ads, and subscribe to btn+ and peacock.
The university and administrators make more while you spend more and the product has sucked for years even with all this big ten money. Numerous programs, including kstate, can point to winning while we point to a bunch of money we’ll never see.

If NU uses this money to illegally funnel it to athletes Ill be very happy and impressed. I highly encourage this. But I wont hold my breath.
I dont get the reason for celebration. WIN.

Speaking of facilities, ksu building a new indoor practice facility. East of stadium? Are they adding parking somewhere because didn't they also put in new vb only areana to the west of bb facility?? Wasn't that parking as well or did that go a little south in the park/grass
20231111_aerial_0041_web.jpg

facilities are pretty much complete. indoor/outdoor football practice facility to the left, volleyball facility upper right in front of baseball stadium, beyond it is the soccer stadium. parking is not an issue although the football facility gobbled up about 800 spaces which moved to the east. volleyball was placed on a former track outdoor field, not parking.

what does this
what does this mean for husker footbalIndirectly it means robust state-of-the-art facility improvements and offering coaches
It means building state-of-the-art facilities and hiring coaches at the top going market rate. As a fan you can decide if that is important to you or not. I assume there are some fans who must not give a crap about being competitive in those areas although I don't know who that massive South Stadium project benefits other than fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaemekon
and then there's this little study that may or may not surprise a blue blood.

GEkkLuLXgAAw9cZ
Really irritates me that OU is on that list and we're not. But yes I understand why with our horrible recent track record.

Really irritates me that OU is on that list and we're not. But yes I understand why with our horrible recent track record.
Yeah, without a link to the full study, it seems rather arbitrary that they would begin at 2016 - 2023, which is the worst period of Husker football since the 1950s.

Reactions: dinglefritz

facilities are pretty much complete. indoor/outdoor football practice facility to the left, volleyball facility upper right in front of baseball stadium, beyond it is the soccer stadium. parking is not an issue although the football facility gobbled up about 800 spaces which moved to the east. volleyball was placed on a former track outdoor field, not parking.
Looks good. Kinda how I envisioned. Nice to have open space to do that and kinda all in the same area. Do they still do indoor track at Ahearn

Reactions: Jaemekon
It means building state-of-the-art facilities and hiring coaches at the top going market rate. As a fan you can decide if that is important to you or not. I assume there are some fans who must not give a crap about being competitive in those areas although I don't know who that massive South Stadium project benefits other than fans.

imagine if i wrote how the response turned out 😳🤣, that would be some wild shit.

How did kstate manage to do this…..and win….without cashing big ten checks and demanding fans pay more while stringing together losing season after losing season in mens sports?

I get this kstate facilities arent as grand as NU, but its all relative. NU woulda been just fine financially in the big 12..

How did kstate manage to do this…..and win….without cashing big ten checks and demanding fans pay more while stringing together losing season after losing season in mens sports?

I get this kstate facilities arent as grand as NU, but its all relative. NU woulda been just fine financially in the big 12..
Not sure about that. The next chapter hasn't been written yet. I'm sure if we were in the 12, we could be top of the heap as kstate probably is now. But could we get coach with $? Given our past discrestions in hiring would we be at the top vs bottom half of the b1g? I guess I would rather have the $ and claw our way back than be the leader of a sinking ship. We'll probably know in 10 years

Reactions: scarletred

“Get him!”

That's what this place has become. People are no different than sheep.

Reactions: BluejayAttyAlum
You can't tell me reducing capacity by 15,000 benefits the average fan. It doesn't benefit anyone other than rich ****s with small bladders.

You can't tell me reducing capacity by 15,000 benefits the average fan. It doesn't benefit anyone other than rich ****s with small bladders.
Really? No benefit to fans to have a better South Stadium with wider seats, more concessions and more restrooms? FWIW, I don't think a lot of rich fans were sitting in the South Stadium. But everyone can have an opinion. Laughing

Really? No benefit to fans to have a better South Stadium with wider seats, more concessions and more restrooms? FWIW, I don't think a lot of rich fans were sitting in the South Stadium. But everyone can have an opinion. Laughing
Reducing seats means price of tickets will go up correct? Simple supply and demand …all to help the portly fans

It's going to benefit the 15,000 season ticket holders who now get to watch games at home. I'm so glad I will some day be able to take my son to Lincoln to watch the game at a sports bar.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT