ADVERTISEMENT

Raiola to USC? Didn’t see that coming!!!

• Thread starter anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
  • Start date
If that did happen that would be a great choice by him, that's for sure. Hard to fault him if true...now who are you trying to pick a fight with exactly with this post???

Reactions: Anegada1
Source? It shouldn’t surprise anyone if it happens. Other than his family’s connection to NU there is absolutely no reason to sign with NU 😕
As of now, he’s be idiotic to come here with our O-line. Joe Burrow wouldn’t be an NFL starter currently if he’d come here. Hope this changes. Pretty quiet so far.

But neither did any of you that don’t know what day it is
I thought USC was a top contender for a LONG, LONG time now. I mean he said was in communication with Riley every day. But I think it's between Georgia and USC. Nebraska appears to be an also ran now.

Yeah, I would think USC is the obvious choice given Riley's success with QBs.

If we're being honest, going to USC would be the smart choice for him. Take the NIL money, bang some hot LA coeds, enjoy the weather...and if you don't win the starting job, you can hit the transfer portal and get another big NIL deal.
Another poster that believes in the hot LA coed myth.. I guess if you’re into to Asians and fat Mexicans then you’d love it.

Truth is usc is in a sh!ttier part of a sh!tty city.

giphy.gif

Another poster that believes in the hot LA coed myth.. I guess if you’re into to Asians and fat Mexicans then you’d love it.

giphy.gif

What's wrong with Asians?

I doubt a dude of Raiola's status and looks is going to be banging fat chicks, unless he's into that sort of thing.

I'm sure he could hammer his way through most of the USC Song Girls by the end of his freshman year.

9fbcc1b0-a3c3-11eb-a77f-0c787814a96a

But neither did any of you that don’t know what day it is
Trouble with that is if it's meant as an April fools joke it's just too close to the likely/possible truth to qualify as a funny joke. April Fool's jokes usually are something outrageously surprising. Him going to USC would come as absolutely zero surprise.

giphy.gif
I'm sure they are pushing diversity, but USC is private and only ~40% of new enrollees are from in-state. The biggest undergrad demographic is white, followed by asian, then hispanic.

I wonder how NIL is taxed, could be a huge bonus for schools in states like TX and FL that have lower taxes. USC would have to offer higher NIL so the after tax money is the same. Wonder if the governor of NE could make NIL tax free.

If that did happen that would be a great choice by him, that's for sure. Hard to fault him if true...now who are you trying to pick a fight with exactly with this post???
Didn't USC get the # 1 QB in the 2023 class? Is Dylan willing to wait behind him for a couple of years?

Rhule following a new QB on Twitter? Uh oh, bad sign. I'm going to hold off panic attacks until I can see pictures of DR's smile on his G visit.

he should go to usc or Georgia. No 18 year old kid should ever willing come to a place like Nebraska under the pressure of being “the savior”. We already did that to Scott. I wouldn’t want that for Riola and his family. We have Rhule. Let’s hope he can rebuild it. When we are good again, then bring in big time recruit family legacies, when the weight of the entire fan base/state isn’t on their shoulders. It’s an expectation incredibly unfair to a kid.

What's wrong with Asians?

I doubt a dude of Raiola's status and looks is going to be banging fat chicks, unless he's into that sort of thing.

I'm sure he could hammer his way through most of the USC Song Girls by the end of his freshman year.

9fbcc1b0-a3c3-11eb-a77f-0c787814a96a
Doesn't anyone remember the Lori Laughlin and Felicity Huffman scandal? Celebrities were committing fraud and bribery to get their kids into that school. It's an elite institution, some of the most beautiful and intelligent young women in the world attend that school.

he should go to usc or Georgia. No 18 year old kid should ever willing come to a place like Nebraska under the pressure of being “the savior”. We already did that to Scott. I wouldn’t want that for Riola and his family. We have Rhule. Let’s hope he can rebuild it. When we are good again, then bring in big time recruit family legacies, when the weight of the entire fan base/state isn’t on their shoulders. It’s an expectation incredibly unfair to a kid.
The kid has more maturity than Frost ever will. Most people don’t act like victims from the word jump like ginger Jesus did. He did it to himself, and made a fortune by putting basically zero effort into the job he was hired to do.

I wonder how NIL is taxed, could be a huge bonus for schools in states like TX and FL that have lower taxes. USC would have to offer higher NIL so the after tax money is the same. Wonder if the governor of NE could make NIL tax free.
I’d be against making NIL tax free, it’s income, if your going to make money by providing a service, pay your taxes like the rest of us chumps

I am curious how the NIL taxes work...are taxes held put upfront like at the track on a big win or are you self employed and declare it like your own small biz, and all that goes with?

I am curious how the NIL taxes work...are taxes held put upfront like at the track on a big win or are you self employed and declare it like your own small biz, and all that goes with?
Probably handled like any other income. Depends on the contract terms and when the actual payments are received would be my guess. I doubt NIL for tax purposes is any different than any other income stream. And of course the terms of NIL contracts also are not all the same in terms of when payments are made.

Yeah, I would think USC is the obvious choice given Riley's success with QBs.

I saw Georgia picked up a crystal ball from some recruiting service. I still think he is N unless he wants to ride the pine for a couple of years before possibly seeing the field.

Are we recruiting any other QB in the 2024 class ? Or is it Dylan or nothing.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I saw Georgia picked up a crystal ball from some recruiting service. I still think he is N unless he wants to ride the pine for a couple of years before possibly seeing the field.

Define recruiting. Rhule and Satterfield have talked to other QBs. Other QBs aren't stupid. They know Raiola is a priority.

We have started to gain interest in 24 Qb.you Will see this pick up DR is not coming Rhule and uncle Donnie know this we will take a 24 QB.

About mid way through the article Lincoln Riley makes a statement about Riola and competition. Maybe I read too much into it but thought it was interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT