ADVERTISEMENT

Raiders sign Jimmy G-Nick G to Skins, Luke G to Titans

The Washington Commanders are bolstering their offensive line, signing interior offensive lineman Nick Gates to a three-year deal.

Gates spent the first five years of his career with the New York Giants. He started three games in 2019 before working his way into a starting role in 2020.

What are the terms?

Jimmy’s fine so long as he’s got several pro-bowlers around him and a top 10 defense opposite him

As for afc west - raiders & chargers seem to have gotten worse and Denver is Denver. I don’t expect Sean Payton to walk on water anytime soon

Weak division will be even weaker this year from where I sit. KC will sleepwalk to 12+ wins

What are the terms?

Jimmy’s fine so long as he’s got several pro-bowlers around him and a top 10 defense opposite him

As for afc west - raiders & chargers seem to have gotten worse and Denver is Denver. I don’t expect Sean Payton to walk on water anytime soon

Weak division will be even weaker this year from where I sit. KC will sleepwalk to 12+ wins
Chargers just baffle me. A seemed to be good young QB. Added a lot of pieces. And the defense seems loaded. How Staley is still coach is mind boggling to me.

Will the Ravens get the Lamar situation figured out? Was listening to a podcast where they called me potentially the greatest free agent ever

I hate being a Raiders fan. This isn’t an upgrade from DC… but perhaps they save a little money annually. If anything, Vegas will be the handsomest 4-13 team in NFL history.

Jimmy will be on crutches by November.

I hate being a Raiders fan. This isn’t an upgrade from DC… but perhaps they save a little money annually. If anything, Vegas will be the handsomest 4-13 team in NFL history.

Jimmy will be on crutches by November.

Not sure I agree with that. Did DC ever win a single playoff game? To lazy to ask Google but I don't remember it...Jimmy G was the best available option...

The Washington Commanders are bolstering their offensive line, signing interior offensive lineman Nick Gates to a three-year deal.

Gates spent the first five years of his career with the New York Giants. He started three games in 2019 before working his way into a starting role in 2020.

What are the terms?

Payton will be good for them. 9 wins might be Russell's ceiling though.

Bucs are pretty old everywhere - will be interesting to see if they're actually in contention (bad division) or if they just fall off a cliff this year

I personally really like Baker & would rather have him than Jimmy G

Wait....WHAT???? Mayfield has exactly ONE...as in UNO...AKA 1.....playoff win in his career and the Browns were freaking stacked.
who were his best receivers (Jarvis Landry)? where did his defense rank (25th in DVOA)?

"stacked" - they finished 3rd in their division & 18th in overall DVOA

Baker has never played on a pro team with more talent around him than Jimmy G's 49ers

Jimmy is a product of a system. he will suck ass in Vegas while Baker wills the Bucs to some wins with the oldest roster perhaps in NFL history.

who were his best receivers (Jarvis Landry)? where did his defense rank (25th in DVOA)?

"stacked" - they finished 3rd in their division & 18th in overall DVOA

Baker has never played on a pro team with more talent around him than Jimmy G's 49ers

Jimmy is a product of a system. he will suck ass in Vegas while Baker wills the Bucs to some wins with the oldest roster perhaps in NFL history.

OBJ, Laundry, who you already mentioned...Pro Bowler in Hooper for a TE, Kareem Hunt....you could do a lot worse.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
He was playing out of position at NU at OT. He's a starter in the NFL at OG and Center. Add to the list of many NU O lineman that were average at NU but went on to NFL careers.
He seriously did 16 reps at 225 at the combine, which is truly embarrassing.

He might have been out of position, but he wasn’t exactly killing himself in the weight room at Nebraska.

Gates followed a similar pattern to Alex Lewis and Richie Incognito; guys that played LT in college, but were more suited for G or C in the NFL.

Reactions: HBK4life
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT