97. Callen Barta
98. Braylen Prude
99. Rex Guthrie
100. JD Crisp
101. Mario Ortiz
102. Brian Buschini
103. Kamdyn Koch
104. Tristan Alvano
Are you trying to be realistic or just wishful thinking? There are several crossed off names on your list that won’t be given the boot.

1. Jeff Sims
2. Chubba Purdy

3. Heinrich Haarberg
4. Daniel Kaelin
5. Rhamir Johnson
6. Gabe Ervin
7. Emmett Johnson
8. Kwintin Ives
9. Kewan Lacy
10. Isaiah Garcia-Castaneda
11. Alex Bullock
12. Malachi Coleman
13. Jayden Doss
14. Jaelyn Lloyd
15. Demetrius Bell
16. Daevon Hall
17. Isaiah McMorris
18. Keelan Smith
19. Quinn Clark
20. Jacorey Barney
21. Arik Gilbert
22. Thomas Fidone
23. Nate Boerkircher
24. Jake Appleget
25. Janiran Bonner
26. Ismael Smith Flores
27. Carter Nelson
28. Ian Flynt
29. Erik Ingwerson
30. Bryce Benhart
31. Turner Corcoran
32. Teddy Prochaska

33. Tyler Knaak
34. James Hood
35. Gunnar Gottula
36. Brock Knutson
37. Mason Goldman
38. Ethan Piper
39. Henry Lutovsky
40. Sam Sledge
41. Gibson Pyle
42. Landen Dickerson
43. Preston Taumua
44. Ben Scott
45. Justin Evans-Jenkins
46. Jake Andrews
47. Nash Hutmacher
48. Riley Van Poppel
49. Ty Robinson
50. Elijah Jeudy
51. Blaise Gunnarson
52. AJ Rollins
53. Ru'Quan Buckley
54. Kai Wallin
55. Brady Tagaloa
56. Vincent Caroll-Jackson
57. Jason Macziejczak
58. Seo Lefotu
59. Princewill Umanmielen
60. Cameron Lenhardt
61. Ashton Murphy
62. Carlon Jones
63. Nick Henrich
64. Garret Snodgrass
65. Javin Wright
66. MJ Sherman
67. John Bullock
68. Randolph Kpai
69. Mikai Gbayor
70. Chief Borders
71. Jimari Butler
72. Kaine Williams
73. Gage Stenger

74. Dylan Rogers
75. Eric Fields
76. Maverick Noonan
77. Willis McGahee
78. Tamon Lynum
79. Tommi Hill
80. Malcom Hartzog
81. Dwight Bootle
82. Syncere Safeeulleh
83. Ethan Nation
84. Brice Turner
85. Jeremiah Charles
86. Roger Gradney
87. Mario Buford
88. Evan Taylor
89. Donovan Jones
90. Deshon Singleton
91. Isaac Gifford
92. Kobe Bretz
93. Corey Collier
94. Marques Buford
95. Rahmir Stewart
96. De'Andre Barnes
97. Callen Barta
98. Braylen Prude
99. Rex Guthrie
100. JD Crisp
101. Mario Ortiz
102. Brian Buschini
103. Kamdyn Koch
104. Tristan Alvano
Your current cross offs are very confusing. Explain.. please.

Too early to say how it will all shake out by season’s end. Seems like the staff will be forced to play more freshman than maybe they would like. If they perform well it could make some upperclassmen think about their options someplace else.

In addition, some guys that have been on the roster for years are getting playing time due to injury. Some of them could also be diamonds in the rough, that have been buried on the depth chart.

Reactions: leodisflowers
So we’re you the guy who wanted to cut Butler this summer? There’s likely multiple names that you have a line through that will play next fall. I would leave the processing for the staff.
Dont reply then. It’s a message board for fans. You are probably angry your boy Chubs should be the first to go.

• Haha
Reactions: mgbreis
ill-cut-you-ill-kill-you.gif

several clearly have to go to make room, and several are obvious… having been here 3+ years and not even playing… those are no brainers.
Some, are borderline and not so obvious. There will be some guys who process themselves, maybe they work to get their degree and play a year somewhere else.
Gone are the days of the 25 signee max, hell, even the 85 max…

We have more than 85 on the chart right now, so clearly some aren’t on scholly officially that we don’t know about. Not sure how the NIL deals work but we can clearly squeeze guys in.
No excuses not to upgrade QB, OL, and get an insurance RB. More WR also.

My boy Chubs? And that would be foolish too. My guess he’ll transfer to try to play but having a senior backup who has actually played is usually a good thing
I'd be very surprised if he transferred to a low-level school to try and play

and he'll be a senior backup's backup as a 5th year junior next year

personally, I do find this topic to be very interesting. the portal has made college football a year-round sport.

Reactions: Wasker77
I'd be very surprised if he transferred to a low-level school to try and play

and he'll be a senior backup's backup as a 5th year junior next year

personally, I do find this topic to be very interesting. the portal has made college football a year-round sport.
Yep, not only that but Rhule continues to recruit and this upcoming class is getting big. There are going to be some folks who get told to move along.

DL:
I think we will see more leave on the DL. With Borders and Butler moving to DE and with the Freshman emerging, I think we could see some guys from the group of Wailin, Bunckley, Brody T, Judy decide to move on.

DB:
We also have 8 freshman DB's, I doubt they all stick around.

LB:
We will most like lose 4-5 here. OP’s list is probably spot on.

RB:
I think this is a deal where they keep one of Ervin/R. Johnson and one of Ives/E. Johnson. I also think we hit the portal for an experienced, proven guy here.

QB:
Would not be surprised to see both Chubba and Sims leave looking for a place to start. That would leave us desperately thin at QB. And it will be tough to attract portal QB’s with a returning starter. However, there are rumblings of a talented young QB buried on the depth chart at a big time school possibly looking to land at Nebraska, which would be huge.

WR/TE:
We are low on numbers and talent here. Only underclassman I see leaving might be IGC. Perhaps Bullock goes on NIL scholarship?

OL
I can’t agree with a list that has Benhart, Corc and Teddy P being processed. Unless we find some serious OL talent somewhere. Benhart has been good and we would love to have him back. If we can find a good LT in the portal maybe Corc can be a good OG. Only OL I see leaving is Hood.

Kicker
No reason to have Timmy on scholarship if he isn’t handling any kicking duties.

It will be fascinating to watch unfold.

DL:
I think we will see more leave on the DL. With Borders and Butler moving to DE and with the Freshman emerging, I think we could see some guys from the group of Wailin, Bunckley, Brody T, Judy decide to move on.

DB:
We also have 8 freshman DB's, I doubt they all stick around.

LB:
We will most like lose 4-5 here. OP’s list is probably spot on.

RB:
I think this is a deal where they keep one of Ervin/R. Johnson and one of Ives/E. Johnson. I also think we hit the portal for an experienced, proven guy here.

QB:
Would not be surprised to see both Chubba and Sims leave looking for a place to start. That would leave us desperately thin at QB. And it will be tough to attract portal QB’s with a returning starter. However, there are rumblings of a talented young QB buried on the depth chart at a big time school possibly looking to land at Nebraska, which would be huge.

WR/TE:
We are low on numbers and talent here. Only underclassman I see leaving might be IGC. Perhaps Bullock goes on NIL scholarship?

OL
I can’t agree with a list that has Benhart, Corc and Teddy P being processed. Unless we find some serious OL talent somewhere. Benhart has been good and we would love to have him back. If we can find a good LT in the portal maybe Corc can be a good OG. Only OL I see leaving is Hood.

Kicker
No reason to have Timmy on scholarship if he isn’t handling any kicking duties.

It will be fascinating to watch unfold.
Corc is bad. I know he’s out of position, but he sucks. Teddy is hurt too much and hasn’t looked good and I agree on Benhardt, but he may just move on. He’s taken a lot of abuse of the years. To me he’s borderline

So were you the guy who wanted to cut Butler this summer? There’s likely multiple names that you have a line through that will play next fall. I would leave the processing for the staff.
I'll add that in a developmental program you really don't want to cut anyone. But I'm sure there are a few layabouts, wastoids, and laggards who can be shown the door.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Are you trying to be realistic or just wishful thinking? There are several crossed off names on your list that won’t be given the boot.
This is where Coach Prime and others who believe in cleaning out dead weight could create an advantage in the new CFB environment.

Without knowing which players are currently on NIL scholarships and which are on athletic it is nearly impossible to determine what the actual numbers are and will be. We can assume that Nebraska is at 85 because they added a couple of walk on guys to scholarship before the season started. We also know that those are basically 1 year deals.

Corc is bad. I know he’s out of position, but he sucks. Teddy is hurt too much and hasn’t looked good and I agree on Benhardt, but he may just move on. He’s taken a lot of abuse of the years. To me he’s borderline
So you really think the top 3 OTs will be cut?

Seriously dude…

Reactions: headcard
I'll add that in a developmental program you really don't want to cut anyone. But I'm sure there are a few layabouts, wastoids, and laggards who can be shown the door.

If they aren’t showing promise, or aren’t putting in the work move on. Basically half of every class is going to bust, so it’s better to move on from that half sooner than later, if you can.

If they aren’t showing promise, or aren’t putting in the work move on. Basically half of every class is going to bust, so it’s better to move on from that half sooner than later, if you can.
Who is the QB you mentioned that may want in after the semester?
And is that speculation or did you hear something

Reactions: king_kong_
I would agree that they wouldn't want to cut the HS players Rhule's staff brought in. The cuts are going to come from players that transferred in and aren't progressing or players that are in their 3rd or 4th year that haven't seen the field with the previous staff or the current staff. Then you can make more room for more players to develop as well as a few transfers to fill in holes.

However, there will be a couple of freshmen that leave because they don't see a place for them going forward. But that is the player's choice, not a cut.

I’ve heard speculation LOL. People that claim to know on TOS are saying the freshman from South Dakota at OSU is looking to leave and come here. Hope it’s true, he’s talented.
Did we offer him out of HS? I've looked at several recruiting sites, and none of them show that Nebraska offered him.

Did we offer him out of HS? I've looked at several recruiting sites, and none of them show that Nebraska offered him.

I think Rhule tried to recruit him, but by then it was too little too late.

But he’s also related to the Hausmanns, so maybe he ends up at Michigan. :)

I’ve heard speculation LOL. People that claim to know on TOS are saying the freshman from South Dakota at OSU is looking to leave and come here. Hope it’s true, he’s talented.
He should already be here

Yet another parting gift from a-hole frost

• Sad
Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT