ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you cut?

Have you watched our Oline? Probably gonna grab some portal guys and at least try.
If we pay enough NIL money to land bonified starters, sure. I get your thinking, but I'd still guess 1 of the 3 leave at most. Benharts staying, if one of the other 2 leave it would create that much more opportunity for the other one on the left side. However, I'm also in the minority that's behind coach Riola. I think all of those players will want to stay with him if he's retained.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I'd add Rahmir to that list.. I'd prob keep Stenger though.

Have to have viable replacements that are better for some of the linemen, but we def need upgrades there.

I think our new running back room sucks. Need to bring in a couple new guys that are proven.

I'll add that in a developmental program you really don't want to cut anyone. But I'm sure there are a few layabouts, wastoids, and laggards who can be shown the door.
There was always 7-8 guys who dropped off every year even before the transfer rules were relaxed. That said, I think it’s a bad look to create lists of guys you want whacked. I see Juedy on one list. WTH? That’s a dude who is just going to keep getting better. Buckley is another guy who is developing and you can’t replace with a freshman. These kind of lists expose how little we as a group know about the development of our players. Might be time to develop a list of posters who should be cut. I suspect the list would be lengthy and many including myself would be butthurt to see our names on it.

I’ve heard speculation LOL. People that claim to know on TOS are saying the freshman from South Dakota at OSU is looking to leave and come here. Hope it’s true, he’s talented.
He is a talented kid but the competition he’s facing in practice at OSU is a HUGE leap to make from Pierre’s competition.

There was always 7-8 guys who dropped off every year even before the transfer rules were relaxed. That said, I think it’s a bad look to create lists of guys you want whacked. I see Juedy on one list. WTH? That’s a dude who is just going to keep getting better. Buckley is another guy who is developing and you can’t replace with a freshman. These kind of lists expose how little we as a group know about the development of our players. Might be time to develop a list of posters who should be cut. I suspect the list would be lengthy and many including myself would be butthurt to see our names on it.
You obviously don't understand the concept of a message board, but also you must not watch football games either. I don't have Jeudy on my list, but arguably he is already behind some of the freshman. RVP is flashing and I imagine the others are developing. Rhule is developing, but at some point players are going to be replaced by better players as we try to rebuild the roster. You are silly if you didn't think Rhule was going to process people. In the last presser he even mentioned that this program isn't in a good place. This class also continues to get bigger and bigger as time goes on, but yeah he isn't going to flip the roster and we shouldn't discuss because you don't think it's right. Your comments in this thread are non-sense.

You obviously don't understand the concept of a message board, but also you must not watch football games either. I don't have Jeudy on my list, but arguably he is already behind some of the freshman. RVP is flashing and I imagine the others are developing. Rhule is developing, but at some point players are going to be replaced by better players as we try to rebuild the roster. You are silly if you didn't think Rhule was going to process people. In the last presser he even mentioned that this program isn't in a good place. This class also continues to get bigger and bigger as time goes on, but yeah he isn't going to flip the roster and we shouldn't discuss because you don't think it's right. Your comments in this thread are non-sense.
I completely understand the concept of a message board. I don’t understand the need to draw lines through a bunch of guys who are being developed OR are already contributing.

Reactions: oldjar07
I completely understand the concept of a message board. I don’t understand the need to draw lines through a bunch of guys who are being developed OR are already contributing.
Already contributing on a 3-3 team. If you want to get better, you get better players. Some of that is development and some of that is just bringing in better talent.

Knighton seems to really praise Buckley. I'd be surprised if he left.

Hard to see many if any lineman leaving over the winter. Most guys who play significant minutes are probably going to try and keep their job. That doesn't mean you don't try to recruit over them.

I doubt the rb Ives is leaving. He was brought in as more of a project that needed to get bigger. The only thing that changed was we had 3 upper-classman rb's with experience and now we have 1. That doesn't change his long-term prospects.

What a dumb list. Some of these guys are starting. Some of the young guys you crossed off like Stenger and Syncere have already shown they can make plays.

What a dumb list. Some of these guys are starting. Some of the young guys you crossed off like Stenger and Syncere have already shown they can make plays.
Did you see the tweet from Cooper? He basically tells Syncere he needs to lift and come to meetings on time
Some clearly know more than you

I don’t think OP says it’s a perfect list, either

So what. He obviously has talent. Discipline him and get him on track, you don't have to kick him off the roster.
I agree. If he doesn’t figure it out then let them workout where he’s at after the season. Butler was a guy that I wondered how much of his initial decision to enter the portal last winter was influenced by social media. They’re young guys and no matter how much they’re told to ignore the noise, I am positive they can’t or don’t.

So what. He obviously has talent. Discipline him and get him on track, you don't have to kick him off the roster.

Accountability isn’t really one of the shortcomings for this staff. What I have read is that this particular player doesn’t react well to the discipline and structure at Nebraska.

Also not every player that won’t be on the roster next fall is going to get kicked off the roster. This would be an example of the player making the choice that he doesn’t want to play here.

Hey man, that’s fine. Seriously, I don’t give a crap either way. He stays or he doesn’t. But the OP is speculating, as is allowed on a message board. I happened to see that tweet from Cooper and mentioned it as I have never seen that done publicly like that, so I am speculating myself.
Don’t take posts so seriously, we are just finding stuff to talk about since the Natty is off the table this year…

Reactions: buckknowsall
Accountability isn’t really one of the shortcomings for this staff. What I have read is that this particular player doesn’t react well to the discipline and structure at Nebraska.

Also not every player that won’t be on the roster next fall is going to get kicked off the roster. This would be an example of the player making the choice that he doesn’t want to play here.
Accountability doesn't mean you need to give up on a guy. If the coaching staff thinks he has talent, then make the effort to get buy in. And sometimes for young guys, that takes a little longer. Some of these young guys with talent coming in are used to being the big man on campus and they don't always realize which rules apply to them. It doesn't always mean they're a bad kid or that they can't be disciplined. I don't really know the situation and can't say. If the coaching staff made a concerted effort and the kid is still acting up, then fine. If not, sometimes guys require extra effort, and if that guy has talent, that extra effort can pay off.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Accountability doesn't mean you need to give up on a guy. If the coaching staff thinks he has talent, then make the effort to get buy in. And sometimes for young guys, that takes a little longer. Some of these young guys with talent coming in are used to being the big man on campus and they don't always realize which rules apply to them. It doesn't always mean they're a bad kid or that they can't be disciplined. I don't really know the situation and can't say. If the coaching staff made a concerted effort and the kid is still acting up, then fine. If not, sometimes guys require extra effort, and if that guy has talent, that extra effort can pay off.
Again, this player went to a prep school in Florida after going to high school in Tennessee, enrolled early at Nebraska, was a 3 star player, has not played in a game yet and is apparently still arriving late to workouts and meetings.

How much special attention does this "average player" get? I am not saying he is to be given up on nor am I saying he needs to be cut. I am simply saying that he doesn't appear to be buying in and is still coming late to stuff even after Rhule made it a point to say we will find out after the Illinois game who is "One of Us". Apparently he aint.

I agree. If he doesn’t figure it out then let them workout where he’s at after the season. Butler was a guy that I wondered how much of his initial decision to enter the portal last winter was influenced by social media. They’re young guys and no matter how much they’re told to ignore the noise, I am positive they can’t or don’t.
Yep, Social media may encourage a lot of people to transfer who shouldn’t. Social media like this thread for example. How would you like to be recovering from a serious injury after giving everything for DONU and see yourself on this cut list?

I get that they are being paid, or at least some of them are. They are still kids.

Well since we are not making the decision it doesn’t matter unless Rhule is on this board and is taking notes on who thinks OPs should be cut.

Yep, Social media may encourage a lot of people to transfer who shouldn’t. Social media like this thread for example. How would you like to be recovering from a serious injury after giving everything for DONU and see yourself on this cut list?

I get that they are being paid, or at least some of them are. They are still kids.
There is a poster or two on this board who I have zero doubt would be afraid to post some of the sh%% they spew at players, coaches or even other posters. They’re chicken sh## keyboard nerds. I guess I don’t lump the OP in that description but IMO this might be a better discussion to have in January.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
the people who truly believe players/coaches read this board will never not crack me up
I know for a FACT that Bo’s staff had a paid staffer monitoring this board. You’re insanely naive if you don’t think 18-20 year old college students either read this board or who have buddies that do.

Rhule and his staff probably don’t read this crap but I have little doubt that they have a peon monitoring social media. Cooper seemed to respond very quickly to a player’s tweet on X IF nobody’s watching social media.

There is a poster or two on this board who I have zero doubt would be afraid to post some of the sh%% they spew at players, coaches or even other posters. They’re chicken sh## keyboard nerds. I guess I don’t lump the OP in that description but IMO this might be a better discussion to have in January.
Nobody threatens more physical violence behind the safety of their keyboard than you

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
I know for a FACT that Bo’s staff had a paid staffer monitoring this board. You’re insanely naive if you don’t think 18-20 year old college students either read this board or who have buddies that do.

Rhule and his staff probably don’t read this crap but I have little doubt that they have a peon monitoring social media. Cooper seemed to respond very quickly to a player’s tweet on X IF nobody’s watching social media.
Rhule does seem to quote me verbatim a week or two after I post, so you could be right (a first). I highly doubt it, though.

As for players - there is a 0.00% chance any of them know about this board.

And you’re the only dipsh## that has ever evoked those responses from me. You’re a lying obsessive stalker.
What do I lie about?

Please be specific. I’ve asked you this question several times with no response. Baseless slander from someone with no way to retort my posts intelligently.

“PhD” lol

You crack me up, Fauc!

Keyboard tough guy. Typical.

What do I lie about?

Please be specific. I’ve asked you this question several times with no response. Baseless slander from someone with no way to retort my posts intelligently.

“PhD” lol

You crack me up, Fauc!

Keyboard tough guy. Typical.
First of all calling me Fauc. I criticized that bastard from day one of his press conferences.

Second you have promoted the false narrative for months that I want Haarberg to fail when nothing could be further from the truth. I grew up a small town Nebraska kid from the area he hails from.

First of all calling me Fauc. I criticized that bastard from day one of his press conferences.

Second you have promoted the false narrative for months that I want Haarberg to fail when nothing could be further from the truth. I grew up a small town Nebraska kid from the area he hails from.
You created that narrative yourself over the past 2+ years

I warned you several times that you were painting yourself into a corner with your outspoken opinions of Haarberg and that your own personal credibility was being put at odds with his succeeding

I was right, as usual. And instead of putting your hat in your hand and admitting you were wrong, you doubled, tripled and quadrupled down on your opinions.

I simply called it as I saw it.

You playing the victim card about it now is frankly embarrassing & quite hilarious.

Others see it, too. It’s plain as the day is long.

You created that narrative yourself over the past 2+ years

I warned you several times that you were painting yourself into a corner with your outspoken opinions of Haarberg and that your own personal credibility was being put at odds with his succeeding

I was right, as usual. And instead of putting your hat in your hand and admitting you were wrong, you doubled, tripled and quadrupled down on your opinions.

I simply called it as I saw it.

You playing the victim card about it now is frankly embarrassing & quite hilarious.

Others see it, too. It’s plain as the day is long.
Liar. Not once have I indicated I WANTED him to fail. Not once. Rationally recognizing somebody’s weaknesses is not wishing for some one to fail. You on the other hand have called players trash and a variety of other names and suggested they commit suicide.

You guys need to stop. It has become annoying and insufferable from both sides.
Stop what?

If keyboard tough guy dinglefauc insists on calling me a liar in an attempt to slander me with no evidence I am going to respond.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT