ADVERTISEMENT

Raider fans OK with Russel Wilson as your new signal caller?

I can't figure out what happened to that dude... he was so good for so long and then it's like he hit a wall mentally and has sucketh ever since

Reactions: dinglefritz
I can't figure out what happened to that dude... he was so good for so long and then it's like he hit a wall mentally and has sucketh ever since
he lost his legs and the surgeries started to pile up.

only watched a handful of broncos games the past couple years but he plays timid and doesn't trust his escapability the way he used to.

it'll happen to guys like Mahomes too. the NFL knows that, hence why they call roughing for staring at him too hard

he lost his legs and the surgeries started to pile up.

only watched a handful of broncos games the past couple years but he plays timid and doesn't trust his escapability the way he used to.

it'll happen to guys like Mahomes too. the NFL knows that, hence why they call roughing for staring at him too hard
The problem with Wilson is he still demands to be treated and play-called for like he's in his prime. An aging QB can still be useful if he's smart and uses his brains but when they refuse to accept reality it's ugly.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Wilson trade is on the Mount Rushmore of terrible trades, in all of sports.
Meanwhile the idiot GM who made the trade, then proceeded to give a 20-pounds-overweight Wilson a huge contract extension, somehow still has a job.

The draft picks and money pissed away in those two moves will likely keep the Broncos irrelevant for years. They're not terrible enough to land franchise-changing draft picks and are handcuffed so badly they can't do much in free agency.

True test is how well you do when things change. Brady passed the test. Peyton passed the test. Wilson failed. Belichick failed.

True test is how well you do when things change. Brady passed the test. Peyton passed the test. Wilson failed. Belichick failed.

I agree there! I couldn't believe all the hype about him possibly coming down to Dallas! it was everywhere! The dude hasn't done crap without Brady and Kraft basically provided him with whatever he wanted... I'm honestly glad Jerry kept McCarthy if for nothing else but continuity. That was a better decision instead of trading him for his doppelganger in Belichick. Both dudes only got where they were at because of their QBs

Wilson isn't going to let that happen. I suspect he would view that as a hit to his pride.
Denver is on the hook for his contract plus the cap hit.
Any team he getting traded to will pay him as little as possible. This was a monumental blunder by Denver,

Wilson's pride has nothing to do with how this ends, or where he ends up. He may just get waived. His bargaining position is weak, other than he is going to get paid by Denver, wherever he ends.

Denver is on the hook for his contract plus the cap hit.
Any team he getting traded to will pay him as little as possible. This was a monumental blunder by Denver,

Wilson's pride has nothing to do with how this ends, or where he ends up. He may just get waived. His bargaining position is weak, other than he is going to get paid by Denver, wherever he ends.

I understand how it works, and I disagree with you on his bargaining position. He has a no trade clause he already told Denver to pound sand on when they attempted to change that...plus he is due 39mil in '24 whether he plays or gets cut. Denver surely isn't going to just flush that down the crapper and get nothing in return..Russel holds all the cards here

..sure Denver COUlD cut him, but they'd be doing him a favor if tbey did.

They are going to cut him just like the Raiders cut Carr. There is no way they keep him in Denver unless he is starting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT